New regulation - BOI letter for premium lane access

flanners

I have a non imm B visa from the BOI. This gives me access to the premium lane when exiting and entering Thailand.

When I arrived in Suv today and went to premium lane for immigration formalities, they said I now need a letter from BOI in order to access premium lane. It says that passengers with BOI visa must present a letter issued by BOI in order to access the premium lane.

From the announcement, it seems that I will need a new letter every time I travel (see below picture)? That would be an enormous hassle given I travel once a month.

Anyone else seen this and have experience with it already?

Thanks

post-233440-0-78225900-1456066828_thumb.

The vast majority of BOI companies have BOI fairies on staff.

You know, the ones who take your passport every 90 days and return it to you the next day- properly stamped?

Ask one of them to handle the details for you. It may not be much of a hassle for you.

whistling.gif I am incapacitated and normally travel with a wheelchair.

I am often wheeled through the express or priority queues at immigration.

The "priority" queues are also marked with a wheelchair access symbol at the airport.

Don't be surprised if you see a wheelchair going through there.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• 2 weeks later...

This is a right pain for me.

I go out and in 2 or 3 times a month, and you have to get a new one issued every time. But the problem for me is that quite often i have to extend or cut short my trips and if you do that then you must reapply for the letter so that it matches your travel date, with a processing time of 7 days that is just not practical.

I cannot see any logical reason behind this additional paperwork, but that is not really a surprise.