Same old shennanigans

Crazy!! married 10 years, dont want to tie up 800k for retirement which I could easily do but always plan for the worst and to "get out" fast if necessary................

So what's the problem with getting an Embassy letter confirming monthly income equal to at least 65,000 THB instead for a retirement extension then? You can still do a bunk if things go pear-shaped without losing a fortune this way!

prefer leaving 400k in a bank account

They have to be living together as Man and Wife.

Not see each other once or twice a month.

Exactly how many days per month do they need to stay together? Please sit the law pertaining this? I work abroad and and gone for months at a time. You have absolutely no clue

I have every clue.

I posted the official law in my earlier post.

I could not care less what he does but don't start moaning when the authorities start making things tough.

Thats an extremely vague law and pretty meaningless

She would not be registered as living apart - at present she is - she should change her home register to that of her husband if that is where extension is expected to be registered.

Did it the same way last year no problem apart form idiotic bed photos amongst other things. I used to have a tabien baan in Bangkok on one of the condos but sold that one a while back and I believe??? you cant have your name in 2 house books so she has one of our condos in BKK in her name I have the house here in mine.

You have your name in a Tabian Baan --------------Really ?

Yellow book

Having suddenly "remembered" that you are not in a "Tabian Baan" makes on wonder what else is being "forgotten" or "excluded" from this discussion.

Yellow book

You have your name in a Tabian Baan --------------Really ?

Having suddenly "remembered" that you are not in a "Tabian Baan" makes on wonder what else is being "forgotten" or "excluded" from this discussion.

What the *************are you on about man????

Edited by kannot

Uh, you can still leave the 400k in the bank when use the income method for a retirement extention. It really sounds like you have no I interst in alleviating theses issues you complain about.

TH

Nope I have no interest in going to the Embassy.went once to get married thats enough for me

Hi kannot ,

I went though the hoops as well to get my PR in 2000 and got it in 2002, reason was that we wrote our address at my wife's father place in BKK and not our place in Kanchanaburi which was still in the building process, so when they came (Immigration) to the BKK address and asked around of course I was not living there, so a year later we put both addresses on the forms and that worked out for me.

In my heart I hope you also Kan Win. wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hi kannot ,

I went though the hoops as well to get my PR in 2000 and got it in 2002, reason was that we wrote our address at my wife's father place in BKK and not our place in Kanchanaburi which was still in the building process, so when they came (Immigration) to the BKK address and asked around of course I was not living there, so a year later we put both addresses on the forms and that worked out for me.

In my heart I hope you also Kan Win. wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

Hua Hin immigration cant even be bothered to come to our house in Pranburi, they said its too far and they dont have the money for Gas, so last year they made me and my Wife stand outside a hotel whilst they took photos just down from their immigration centre presumably pretending to BKK immigration it was our house? They then sent them to Bkk and approved it a month later.

Okey Okoy,

Why not put both addresses on the forms like we did, your wife's Blue Book one and your Yellow
Book one as you both spend time with each other at both addresses. whistling.gif

I was not in any House Book by the way, but now in the Blue Book in our house in Kan as PR Holder.

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win

Okey Okoy,

Why not put both addresses on the forms like we did, your wife's Blue Book one and your Yellow

Book one as you both spend time with each other at both addresses. whistling.gif

I was not in any House Book by the way, but now in the Blue Book in our house in Kan as PR Holder.

Win thumbsup.gif

The issue is not about the blue book or yellow book Kan, there hasnt been a problem before with us living at different addresses and I dont expect it will be a problem this time ( Ill post later if i pass in a month or so) the problem is checking whats required the day before and being told "no" the next day by a different officer no mention of house books in my complaint. The Blue yellow book is irrelevant though the topic seems to have gotten sidetracked by this.

They would probably say "No" if we put down two addresses.I wouldnt be surprised.

The topic was about the "requirements" being told get two photos and change your t shirt in each on the first visit and also she objected to the house label being printed on some paper and laminated not a proper sign....really the sign should be irrelevant.

Strangely she didnt object to the house sign later in the day when it was forwarded to Bangkok and I am now "under consideration" so dont know why she mentioned it at all

The thing is they need to re do their list of requirements, too much is missing it doesnt state exactly how the photos should be taken what size, how many on a sheet of A4 is allowed so when we turned up the next day with the photos they asked for they said they were wrong, T Shirt should NOT be changed for a different colour and no previous mention of "House sign " must be govt approved sign or such like etc in fact house sign is irrelevant, dont think a house in the village has a house sign at all and hardly "proof" we're a couple, could get one made anywhere.

Crazy!! married 10 years, dont want to tie up 800k for retirement which I could easily do but always plan for the worst and to "get out" fast if necessary................

So what's the problem with getting an Embassy letter confirming monthly income equal to at least 65,000 THB instead for a retirement extension then? You can still do a bunk if things go pear-shaped without losing a fortune this way!

400k is still a heck of a lot to walk away from in the event of things going belly-up!

Wow..... what an ordeal... why are they breakin your balls here, do you think? Dislike, bias, because they can...show of importance, making you jump extra hoops, you forgot to bring in fruit?

When does this crew rotate out?

The behavior I roll my eye over, and try to keep it in check is this one..

Maybe you have seen it....

Thebah.gif super efficient male immigration officer..

While he is processing your paper work, he can answer the department phone, his cell phone, advise his colleagues on their duties, can say hi to the kanom seller, and anyone walking by... then forget what page he started your paper work and then proceeds to start from the beginning again to be sure.. then the same silly show of efficiency is demonstrated repeatedly. This is for paperwork that takes 20 minutes then stretches out for an hour and half. Certainly this is a worker of great importance and he is letting you know he is DA man.

What we do to stay here...

Cheers mate

It was a woman, last year was much worse with the "type" you mentioned.

Did you wear a Chang T-shirt with matching flip flops.....whistling.gif .............laugh.png

Actually, this is what confused me.. the rep from the school was with me and I was dressed in teaching threads..tie and slacks. even wiped my butt ... as I let one rip as I was waiting...a sbd...of course... I was hoping the ordor would hit..no joy.

But the guy transferred out.

Okey Okoy,

Win thumbsup.gif

The issue is not about the blue book or yellow book Kan,<snip>

The Blue yellow book is irrelevant though the topic seems to have gotten sidetracked by this.

Well it is your wife's (blue) and your (yellow) address, that is the issue or is it not?

If not, why the Photos then? facepalm.gif

Since you mentioned these two books before I even posted on this thread, please execute excuse me for trying to help out. coffee1.gif

By The Way, my name is Win wai.gif and I happen to live in Kan, hence Kan Win clap2.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Okey Okoy,

Win thumbsup.gif

The issue is not about the blue book or yellow book Kan,<snip>

The Blue yellow book is irrelevant though the topic seems to have gotten sidetracked by this.

Well it is your wife's (blue) and your (yellow) address, that is the issue or is it not?

If not, why the Photos then? facepalm.gif

Since you mentioned these two books before I even posted on this thread, please execute excuse me for trying to help out. coffee1.gif

By The Way, my name is Win wai.gif and I happen to live in Kan, hence Kan Win clap2.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

I appreciate your help but the yellow and blue books are irrelevant, my complaint was the lack of clear rules when applying for the extension of stay hence checking one day before applying by driving to Prachuap immigration and asking an officer and writing it all down to be told the next day "nope" by another.

I dont live in Kan maybe I should change name to Prannot?

Thanks Win ( hey how could I know)

400k is still a heck of a lot to walk away from in the event of things going belly-up!

Why would he have walk away from the 400k? He can withdraw it at anytime once the visa extention is granted. He just has to have it account 3 months before next application.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Im sure man farangs have lost way more than thatwink.png

Why would he have walk away from the 400k? He can withdraw it at anytime once the visa extention is granted. He just has to have it account 3 months before next application.

TH

2 months before next application.

Kannot,

extending my non-O based on marriage for 10 years now, I can feel you. Same bullshit, set under consideration for 6 weeks last year. (Which makes you a lame duck.)

So this year I went to Savannakhet, application went through in less than 3 minutes. No neighbor, no wife, no money, no consideration. Do yourself a favor, put the 400k on a 1 year fixed deposit account and fund a pleasant trip to Laos from the interest. Be aware that it is a dead version of Nakhorn Nowhere though.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Kannot,

extending my non-O based on marriage for 10 years now, I can feel you. Same bullshit, set under consideration for 6 weeks last year. (Which makes you a lame duck.)

So this year I went to Savannakhet, application went through in less than 3 minutes. No neighbor, no wife, no money, no consideration. Do yourself a favor, put the 400k on a 1 year fixed deposit account and fund a pleasant trip to Laos from the interest. Be aware that it is a dead version of Nakhorn Nowhere though.

Cheers!

And then have to leave the country every 90 days.

12 month extension is much easier and cheaper.

Simply incorrect, what you write. 5k THB for one year multiple entry is not more expensive than 1.9k for 1 year extension plus 4k for multiple re-netry permit. Not to talk about the 8k they squeezed out for shortening the 6 weeks consideration to 24 hours (when I needed to travel last year).

To be fair, Laos sets you back by 1,5k for the Laos Visa and 1,5k for the driver plus perhaps 3k for the "same day" service. Still it saves you a lot of time.

Cheers

Edited by IgboChief

I have done my marriage extensions at HH for 4 years without much hassle but last year had the same, the pictures were not sufficient as they were all taken the same day. so had to provide more wearing different clothes same as you. Last year also the extension took about 5 days extra over the 4 week consideration period. I think as it needs to be sent to BKK they want to make sure there isn't any issues as of course it would make HH immigration look like they are not doing there job properly. On the whole I have always found HH to be reasonable compared to some of the stories we here.

I have done my marriage extensions at HH for 4 years without much hassle but last year had the same, the pictures were not sufficient as they were all taken the same day. so had to provide more wearing different clothes same as you. Last year also the extension took about 5 days extra over the 4 week consideration period. I think as it needs to be sent to BKK they want to make sure there isn't any issues as of course it would make HH immigration look like they are not doing there job properly. On the whole I have always found HH to be reasonable compared to some of the stories we here.

Nope , they told us do different pictures in different colour shirts the first day we were checking then the next day changed their minds to all the same colour........they just make it up as they go along.

Last year was my first DELETED.he's now left and bloody good riddance to him, this year was better but still too much mis information from them.

Edited by seedy
derogatory

Simply incorrect, what you write. 5k THB for one year multiple entry is not more expensive than 1.9k for 1 year extension plus 4k for multiple re-netry permit. Not to talk about the 8k they squeezed out for shortening the 6 weeks consideration to 24 hours (when I needed to travel last year).

To be fair, Laos sets you back by 1,5k for the Laos Visa and 1,5k for the driver plus perhaps 3k for the "same day" service. Still it saves you a lot of time.

Cheers

Yes correct.

Multi Non O Visa costs 5,000 Baht plus trips to border every 90 days. Visas for other countries etc.

12 Month Extension costs 1,900 Baht.

I never leave so why would I want a Re Entry Permit?