Deadpool

Farangdanny

We wasted money to see DEADPOOL in 4DX at Central Festival yesterday. When we arrived at the 4DX entrance there was a sign saying the movie was in fact in 2D !!, AFTER we had paid for 4DX !

If it wasn't for the continual moving of the seats, and rain water leaking from the roof (had to be that, cos there was no water spray scenes in the movie !), I could have had a good sleep.

Anyway, someone needs to teach the originator of the movie how to express himself without every other word being <deleted> or some other obscenity. Disgraceful !

I watched this movie last week because it was an adult movie and not aimed at kids. Maybe the OP thought it was aimed at kids? It was ok, 5 or barely 6 out of 10 at best imo. I am not interested in Spider-Man , superman , and all the other comic book movies but the best comic book movie by far has got to be Sin City.

Once again, Google and Wikipedia are your friends. It's no wonder NJ's wife got "carsick" during a 4D film. A friend reports that "Gavity" was really a cool movie to see in 4D. Yeah, if the chairs were able to fully rotate 360-degrees! (which I doubt)

4D film or 4-D film is a marketing term for an entertainment presentation system combining a 3Dfilm with physical effects that occur in the theatre in synchronization with the film. Effects simulated in a 4D film may include rain, wind, strobe lights, and vibration

4d is when there is say a scene with rain in it and the guy behind you is spitting on the back of your head!

No wait thats normal in Philippine movie theatres.

4D here is suppose to be full submersive ie you can smell the roses and you chair moves when there are crash scenes etc etc. Your senses are bombarded not just your ears and eyes.

I went and saw it and came the closest I have ever been in walking out in disgust. It sucked from minute one to the end.

I saw it on 2D 4D does nothing for me. the wife got car sick the one we saw. I am glad she did not want to go to this one.

There are a lot of crap hollywood movies so its always worth googling reviews and watching trailers before you go. You thought it sucked , i thought it was average(but i never need to watch it again on DVD or whatever) . Don Mega has watched it twice already and i know of other people who have watched it more than once. Its made tonnes of money so there will definitely be Deadpool 2 and maybe more which is great for the fans.

Seen it twice now. awesome movie.

Guess youre a fan of moronic movies for the braindead? Sad to say youre not alone, seems to be the way Hollywood is headed !! Movie theatres the world over filled to capacity by "run shoot kill then run shoot kill again" type of movies these days?! Perhaps one more reason why people in a number of countries think its OK to pull a gun and kill people?

Guess youre a fan of moronic movies for the braindead? Sad to say youre not alone, seems to be the way Hollywood is headed !! Movie theatres the world over filled to capacity by "run shoot kill then run shoot kill again" type of movies these days?! Perhaps one more reason why people in a number of countries think its OK to pull a gun and kill people?

I must have missed the dedicated art house offerings at our major cinemas here - probably because they don't actually show them.

I enjoyed Deadpool - it was action packed, funny and artfully delivered for what it was. This does not prevent me from enjoying other movies with different values and styles.

It wasn't at all brain dead - it was one of the most self-aware movies I've ever seen with a great habit of breaking the 4th wall. You may not have enjoyed it (because it had "cussing" in it) but it doesn't make it any less of a movie because of that. It is the highest grossing Marvel movie in the US now, and quite possibly will go on to be the highest grossing R rated movie in the US ever.

To each his own. I have a friend who hated The Hateful Eight and fell asleep during The Revenant..........

the Revenant was a true story. But they had way to much of not needed scenes in it. It was far to long.

I only watch the trailers that I see at the movies. In years and years of movie watching this is the first one I regret not seeing the trailer. I have seen many many that did not live up to their trailer but this was the first one I have ever felt like walking out.

The 4D has rocking chairs that I find uncomfortable to sit in. You can not put your feet on the ground they have a bar you have to put them on. They also have a bit of air blowing when it is a part of the film and a tiny jet of water that they shoot by your ear at some of the water scenes. Yes it is also in 3D We saw the last Hobbit in it. I much prefer 2D 3D looses some thing.

I must have missed the dedicated art house offerings at our major cinemas here - probably because they don't actually show them.

I enjoyed Deadpool - it was action packed, funny and artfully delivered for what it was. This does not prevent me from enjoying other movies with different values and styles.

It wasn't at all brain dead - it was one of the most self-aware movies I've ever seen with a great habit of breaking the 4th wall. You may not have enjoyed it (because it had "cussing" in it) but it doesn't make it any less of a movie because of that. It is the highest grossing Marvel movie in the US now, and quite possibly will go on to be the highest grossing R rated movie in the US ever.

It was very funny and - as you stated - about as far from "brain dead" as it gets. Very cleverly written and hilarious dialogue.

The fact that the crotchety, ill-humored TVF senior citizens wouldn't enjoy it is hardly surprising - despite it's overwhelmingly positive critical acclaim, massively positive audience feedback, and $500M worldwide gross to date.

After all, it just can't compare to the rollicking fun of "quiz night" at the local pub, lol.

Edited by TheAppletons

To each his own. I have a friend who hated The Hateful Eight and fell asleep during The Revenant..........

(...) They also have a bit of air blowing when it is a part of the film and a tiny jet of water that they shoot by your ear at some of the water scenes.

1) I almost fell asleep watching The Revenant too. I can't believe he got nominated for Best Actor when all he does is grunt through the whole movie.

2) About those tiny jets of water.....I wonder if there is any risk of contracting Legionnaires' disease with such 4D systems.

"Indoors, though, legionella bacteria can multiply in all kinds of water systems — hot tubs, air conditioners and mist sprayers in grocery store produce departments.

Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily.

How the infection spreads

Most people become infected when they inhale microscopic water droplets containing legionella bacteria. This might be the spray from a shower, faucet or whirlpool, or water dispersed through the ventilation system in a large building." (Source: Mayo Clinic).

Only someone whose missing the in jokes would say that, there were so many digs at the Marvel universe, hidden easter egg jokes, self referential jokes, etc etc.. All played out in the formulaic super hero plotline (which in itself is a kind of in joke). Of course if you miss these things, your going to onlycatch the surface layer.

I am not raving about it.. It was funny and had plenty of gags and laughs, clever bits, silly bits, and enjoyable bits especially as they had a limited budget, and limited access to the Marvel character catalogue (hence jokes like "oh your answering the door, its like only 2 of you live in the huge house") but if you dont know anything about the X-Men universe and franchise then this probably isnt the fan boy flick for you.

(...) They also have a bit of air blowing when it is a part of the film and a tiny jet of water that they shoot by your ear at some of the water scenes.

1) I almost fell asleep watching The Revenant too. I can't believe he got nominated for Best Actor when all he does is grunt through the whole movie.

2) About those tiny jets of water.....I wonder if there is any risk of contracting Legionnaires' disease with such 4D systems.

"Indoors, though, legionella bacteria can multiply in all kinds of water systems hot tubs, air conditioners and mist sprayers in grocery store produce departments.

Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily. How the infection spreads

Most people become infected when they inhale microscopic water droplets containing legionella bacteria. This might be the spray from a shower, faucet or whirlpool, or water dispersed through the ventilation system in a large building." (Source: Mayo Clinic).

The Revenent was a long movie. Basically non stop camping during the winter with nice photography. I was glad when it ended. An ok movie . Was it worthy of all the five star reviews and Oscar nominations? No not at all . A bit disappointing after the hype.

the Revenant was a true story.

Well, let's just say it was loosely based on the true story. The amazing true story of the whaling boat Essex was recently given the Ron Howard treatment in In the Heart of the Sea. It was so far off the truth is was scandalous. The true story was incredible enough, but they had so "sex it up" with things that did not happen in fact and others that were just stupid.

I have never tried 4D because it seems distracting to me.

I believe if you leave before the first 10 minutes of a film at a Major Cineplex, they will refund your full ticket cost. I assume you could tell if it wasn't 3D within the first 10 minutes.

"Indoors, though, legionella bacteria can multiply in all kinds of water systems hot tubs, air conditioners and mist sprayers in grocery store produce departments.

Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily. How the infection spreads

The Revenent was a long movie. Basically non stop camping during the winter with nice photography. I was glad when it ended. An ok movie . Was it worthy of all the five star reviews and Oscar nominations? No not at all . A bit disappointing after the hype.

The Revenent was too long, but still enjoyable. The photography was excellent, as was the story line, but I found the acting somewhat flat. Nothing flat about Deadpool, though! Just plain ol' good fun, comic-book style! Unfortunately, some people can't appreciate a film that is only 'good fun.' I knew someone once who would only go to foreign language films. It made no difference to him that he didn't understand a word... He could still tell people that he saw "such and such." It made him feel 'important' that others would be awed that he could watch foreign films... God forbid he should go anywhere near a movie to enjoy it...

The Finest Hours was showing recently. That was a true story and may well have stayed truthful. I didnt notice that it was hyped up like the Revenent or Deadpool. It was an old fashioned decent movie and better than the Revenent, Deadpool, Star Wars and The Hateful Eight which i have watched this year.

100% agree about the Revenant. Definitely one of those films where the publicity preview was skillfully put together from the first 5 minutes of the film. After that you watch, for what feels like 10 hours, Di Caprio grunt and groan through a bleak wilderness and camp out in a dead horse. The "OMG how will he survive" moments can only be done so many times in a movie before it all gets a bit meh. Great photography sure but if I want photography of the Montana wilderness I'll visit National Geographic. An Oscar Hunter film if ever there was one.

Deadpool. Was reticent about this as the comic book movies are wearing a bit thin for me. A seemingly endless stream with more to come. This was actually good and enjoyable though and for once, not aimed at the teen scene.

Edited by SooKee

What is 4D?

You beat me to it....exactly.... what is 4D? 3D movie with the seats moving?

Pretty much sums it up. I made the mistake of watching the recent Star Wars in 4D. It was entertaining for the first few minutes and then it was like having some young kid kicking the back of my seat for the next 2 hours. Some advice I only read after the experience but worth sharing is to always watch a movie in 2D first. Then if it is worth watching again go see it in 3D. And then if you want to watch it again try it in 4D, which is, in my opinion, certainly a once in a lifetime experience but probably not worth twice in a lifetime.

An interesting aside was that at the Central theater they exposed the audience to the 4D effects just before the tribute to His Majesty and for the first time ever in my experience the entire audience was by that point unwilling to stand up on what might be a moving platform and everyone remained seated.