Harbor Mall Pattaya prepares to open in Central Pattaya

webfact

Harbor Mall Pattaya prepares to open in Central Pattaya

harbor-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Excitement is building as the opening date for the new Harbor Mall Shopping Center and Office Complex is getting ever-closer.

Following on from their store in the Laem Chabang area, Harbor Mall Pattaya is set to offer the City facilities and attractions never before seen in Pattaya.

Inside the purpose built center, located next to Foodland on the Central Pattaya Road, will be:

– Harborland – Billed as the largest indoor playground in the ASEAN region

– Kidzoona & Molly Fantasy – An amazing play area for children under the age of 12

– The Rink – Pattaya’s first Ice Skating Rink, which is set to open later in the year

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221732/harbor-mall-pattaya-prepares-to-open-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-24

another mall another white elephant.

We will not notice until the tunnel is completed as at the moment that has reduced traffic on Klang. But traffic trying to turn into this Mall will block Klang. If you put lights, traffic will tail back to Sukhumvit and cause problems there. (Yellow box behaviour does not exist here, try the railway line Rd to see examples of this where traffic comes to an unnecessary standstill due to idiots blocking the junction).. Synchronised lights may help but such foresight has so far escaped Pattaya planning. I expect they want to get to the tourist customers but Malls should be out of town! Besides, we got a couple of empty ones already.

Edited by jacko45k

Probably not. Thais love this sort of pointless consumerism, and the newer and shinier the better.

But Harbor Mall is quite small. The place that seems potentially more interesting is whatever they will be building on the corner by the Dolphin roundabout. The area cleared so far is huge.

No planning, no foresight, and most probably no easy access

Must be a nightmare to shop at Foodland now if you live on the darkside and can no longer use Siam Country Club road to get to Klang

As far as what they are building across from Dolphin circle it will be another traffic nightmare, whatever it is

Must be a nightmare to shop at Foodland now if you live on the darkside and can no longer use Siam Country Club road to get to Klang

As far as what they are building across from Dolphin circle it will be another traffic nightmare, whatever it is

" No planning, no foresight "

I understood this place was meant to be an upgrade for all the vendors of computer-related activity in the existing Tuckom but I might be totally wrong?

If it was then perhaps the developers couldn't foresee at the time they started building it that all those computer places in Tuckom would die because of mobile devices essentially replacing laptops?

Probably not. Thais love this sort of pointless consumerism, and the newer and shinier the better.

But Harbor Mall is quite small. The place that seems potentially more interesting is whatever they will be building on the corner by the Dolphin roundabout. The area cleared so far is huge.

Our dentist is right across the street. According to the receptionist, it's going to be a combined hotel/mall. And yes, it's a massive area. Traffic is already bad there. I was going down that street the other day and traffic was backed up almost to third road heading to Suk. Took forever.

Don Mega: why do you say that the Laem Chabang Harbor Mall is a massive flop? Every time I've been there it has been busy.

Yep very busy but outside of Tesco and the food joints there is very little foot traffic in the small shops.

The IT floor is nothing compared to when it first opened and the kiddies play floor is always barren when iam there.

Local scuttlebutt says Terminal 21 will be going up at Dolphin R/A

BP had an article a couple of weeks back where T21 confirmed they were building in Pattaya and Korat so assume that is where it is going. Edited by Orac

I understood this place was meant to be an upgrade for all the vendors of computer-related activity in the existing Tuckom but I might be totally wrong?

If it was then perhaps the developers couldn't foresee at the time they started building it that all those computer places in Tuckom would die because of mobile devices essentially replacing laptops?

You don't have to be totally wrong. Nobody said the whole place is a new Tukcom only. Yes, a Tukcom part of it will be devoted to computer stuff. Yes, it will take into account the current market. No, the computer places in Tukcom haven't died. Mainly the vendors of pirated software, games, movies, and music have died for obvious reasons that have been discussed here before. Yes, things may start slowly but in fact our members will never see anybody in the shops, just as they've never been able to see anyone in the shops at Central. Their eyesight and business sense won't improve for Harbor.

We've nothing but predictions of failure so far, which probably means it will be a success. As always I say, "wait and see."

Obviously increased traffic will be an issue. I do hate traffic. But if traffic jams prevented businesses from operating then there'd be no Bangkok--or Manila or Jakarta. About the only hope here is that it will get SO bad by Thai standards (not our elite Santa Barbara standards) that it'll force "The Authorities" finally to come up w/ some sort of mass transit.

Ice skating will go down a storm, I reckon. I hope it's affordable for Thais as well as tourists. "Ladyboys on Ice" anybody?

there is one at the relatively new Central Festival in Chiang Mai which is next to the food court which seems pretty popular .

you can eat your meal while watching novices falling over and some pretty impressive Thai teenagers who seemed to have taken to it like a duck to water.

You don't have to be totally wrong. Nobody said the whole place is a new Tukcom only. Yes, a Tukcom part of it will be devoted to computer stuff. Yes, it will take into account the current market. No, the computer places in Tukcom haven't died. Mainly the vendors of pirated software, games, movies, and music have died for obvious reasons that have been discussed here before. Yes, things may start slowly but in fact our members will never see anybody in the shops, just as they've never been able to see anyone in the shops at Central. Their eyesight and business sense won't improve for Harbor.

We've nothing but predictions of failure so far, which probably means it will be a success. As always I say, "wait and see."

Obviously increased traffic will be an issue. I do hate traffic. But if traffic jams prevented businesses from operating then there'd be no Bangkok--or Manila or Jakarta. About the only hope here is that it will get SO bad by Thai standards (not our elite Santa Barbara standards) that it'll force "The Authorities" finally to come up w/ some sort of mass transit.

Never seen members post here that Central was empty, so no need to make false claims to make your apologist comments more believable, but yes the IT floor at Tukcom is as dead as it can be. Even Jib is empty most of the times and then we don't talk about IT City, which you claimed to be a success only last year, where there are at any given time more employees than customers.

Edited by TheCruncher

who exactly is "excited" about it? It is just another shopping area. If it wasnt there it isnt very likely anyone would care

No, you haven't been paying attention; good thing you didn't try to go into marketing and lose your shirt. READ:

– Harborland – Billed as the largest indoor playground in the ASEAN region

– Kidzoona & Molly Fantasy – An amazing play area for children under the age of 12

– The Rink – Pattaya’s first Ice Skating Rink, which is set to open later in the year

– DEEP – Featuring rock climbing, rope courses and a zip line

– JumpXL – For the first time in Asia, a Trampoline Park concept made famous in Germany, The Netherlands and France

– Mario Land Arcades

– Education Zone – the largest of its kind in the Eastern Region of Thailand

Now think very carefully: WHO would be excited about that? Now list for us all the OTHER shopping areas that have those?

YOU are not excited. I'm not either. But somebody unlike us will be, very much so, when they find out. The numbers that this region + tourists will support is a question that will be answered in due time.

Sigh.

Never seen members post here that Central was empty, so no need to make false claims to make your apologist comments more believable, but yes the IT floor at Tukcom is as dead as it can be. Even Jib is empty most of the times and then we don't talk about IT City, which you claimed to be a success only last year, where there are at any given time more employees than customers.

I don't recall anyone posting that "Central was empty" either, so I made no false claim. Read carefully what I said: "the shops." Even our near-sighted members can see customers in the restaurants and food court. smile.png Jib's doing OK, keeps adding and updating lines of high-end stuff. I had to wait in line last time I went a few weeks ago.

I don't recall saying anything about IT City in particular (go find that post) in a very long ime. I didn't post last year after April 20, so perhaps you've confused me with someone else. Besides I would readily agree that business has fallen off there. IT City went into sharp decline in early 2013 throughout Thailand, not just at Tukcom. But then they've also greatly cut expenses, trying to stay afloat, and doing better so far in 2016, nationwide. So you actually don't know if it's still profitable or not; you have no figures whatsoever; you haven't been there "at any given time." Common mistake is to assume that your visit represents ALL visits. For you, the 2nd floor had also died, remember? That was discussed.

It's a typical false assumption that a shop must be crowded with customers at all times so that members can see that during any random visit. If not, it has "died." smile.png Similarly with condo buildings: not only must every unit be sold, but sold to an owner who lives there continuously and turns on all the lights every night that our members can "see" from their barstools. Otherwise, the development is empty and has failed.

Best thing to do is just let the business and mall owners themselves worry about the success or "death" of their enterprises. It's their money; it's been shown that they usually know how better to manage it than our members do for them. Your business, on the other hand, is merely to go there and spend if you want to. Harbor is close to Foodland, so I know I will. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

I don't recall anyone posting that "Central was empty" either, so I made no false claim. Read carefully what I said: "the shops." Even our near-sighted members can see customers in the restaurants and food court. smile.png Jib's doing OK, keeps adding and updating lines of high-end stuff. I had to wait in line last time I went a few weeks ago.

I don't recall saying anything about IT City in particular (go find that post) in a very long ime. I didn't post last year after April 20, so perhaps you've confused me with someone else. Besides I would readily agree that business has fallen off there. IT City went into sharp decline in early 2013 throughout Thailand, not just at Tukcom. But then they've also greatly cut expenses, trying to stay afloat, and doing better so far in 2016, nationwide. So you actually don't know if it's still profitable or not; you have no figures whatsoever; you haven't been there "at any given time." Common mistake is to assume that your visit represents ALL visits. For you, the 2nd floor had also died, remember? That was discussed.

It's a typical false assumption that a shop must be crowded with customers at all times so that members can see that during any random visit. If not, it has "died." smile.png Similarly with condo buildings: not only must every unit be sold, but sold to an owner who lives there continuously and turns on all the lights every night that our members can "see" from their barstools. Otherwise, the development is empty and has failed.

Best thing to do is just let the business and mall owners themselves worry about the success or "death" of their enterprises. It's their money; it's been shown that they usually know how better to manage it than our members do for them. Your business, on the other hand, is merely to go there and spend if you want to. Harbor is close to Foodland, so I know I will. smile.png

My visits to IT City represent at least 5 visits in the past 30 days, so I think that would translate to any given time, and each time I was the only customer in there.

How many times you have been in there in the past month, that you think qualifies you for knowing better?

And you are correct I don't have any numbers to support my claims, but do you? I guess not, so your claims are just as useless as all the others on this forum, only difference is that you see them through a different color of goggles, and it seems you are in the minority with your claims.

I tend to believe the majority, because where is smoke there is fire as well.

My visits to IT City represent at least 5 visits in the past 30 days, so I think that would translate to any given time, and each time I was the only customer in there.

How many times you have been in there in the past month, that you think qualifies you for knowing better?

And you are correct I don't have any numbers to support my claims, but do you? I guess not, so your claims are just as useless as all the others on this forum, only difference is that you see them through a different color of goggles, and it seems you are in the minority with your claims.

How do you figure a visit a week translates to "any given time"?

I like IT City and have spent quite a bit there over the years. One of the reasons IT City in Tukcom is quiet for foot traffic is the location. Most window shoppers wouldn't know it's there. I'll bet they have a higher visitor/buy ratio than any other shop in Tukcom. People only go there when they are serious about buying something because the lift is too slow.biggrin.png

How do you figure a visit a week translates to "any given time"?

I like IT City and have spent quite a bit there over the years. One of the reasons IT City in Tukcom is quiet for foot traffic is the location. Most window shoppers wouldn't know it's there. I'll bet they have a higher visitor/buy ratio than any other shop in Tukcom. People only go there when they are serious about buying something because the lift is too slow.biggrin.png

Time will either prove me right or wrong,