Brother killed after argument with knives turns fatal

webfact

Brother Killed After Argument With Knives Turns Fatal
by CityNews

b.jpg

CityNews – One man was left dead after two brothers argued with knives resulting in a fatal stab wound on February 21.

57-year-old Wirat Boonpermpoon gave himself up to police after he fatally stabbed his brother, 52-year-old Wanchai Boonpermpoon.

Wanchai was found with several stab wounds over his body and his throat was cut.

According to Wirat, his brother was an alcoholic and often drank alone at home. He often became roudy, disturbing Wirat and his neighbours.

Wirat told police that while he was sleeping, his brother was drunk and began making very loud noises.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/brother-killed-after-argument-with-knives-turns-fatal/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-25

Note that although knives - machetes are very common in LOS killings, as common as grass in fact - Thailand has double the murder-by-firearm rate of the USA, with a mere fraction of the guns, like 20 million guns (10 million was recently reported, so I doubled it) in Thailand versus at least 300 million firearms in the U.S.

"Don't believe me just watch..Don't believe me just watch.."

To me, another example of "difference" in Thailand.

I don't know what family on family (and friend on friend?) killing rates are like in the rest of the world, but my impression is that it is very high in Thailand.

Unfortunately, once again, some posters want to make this about American gun control laws.

Edited by Enoon

Survey:

Would tougher knife control laws help in Thailand?

Offensive weapon laws would but they would have to be enforced so no chance

Remember the farang and his Thai missus stopped on their way to Suvanabhumi who had a knife confiscated and fined? They were stopped and the police searched the vehicle and found the large folding knife (quite a big discussion thread on if it was Victorinox or not at the time). The wife told the police she had it in the car for self defense - whoops!

But that caused a lot of criticism on TVF. And yet, the police were enforcing the law.

They do have offensive weapon laws, - but as with all laws here, they are enforced selectively.

Survey:

Would tougher knife control laws help in Thailand?

Offensive weapon laws would but they would have to be enforced so no chance

Remember the farang and his Thai missus stopped on their way to Suvanabhumi who had a knife confiscated and fined? They were stopped and the police searched the vehicle and found the large folding knife (quite a big discussion thread on if it was Victorinox or not at the time). The wife told the police she had it in the car for self defense - whoops!

But that caused a lot of criticism on TVF. And yet, the police were enforcing the law.

They do have offensive weapon laws, - but as with all laws here, they are enforced selectively.

I think it's all to do with location. Two farmers in a rural village will never get any problems having machettes or big knives because they are used to chop bamboo or coconuts etc. Those two guys with the same machettes will have problems if they were walking around the centre of Bangkok or visiting the airport, bank or similar.

Thailand has double the murder-by-firearm rate of the USA

If you have been following the news of late, you know this is unsubstantiated. The government has never kept competent books on these instances and while it may be that the rate is high, A) nothing concrete can be asserted about this ratio and B) the subject is murder by knife.