Bangkok Psi

Sing_Sling

Thanks little black duck, excellent technical suggestion but as almost everyone here knows I live in Singapore and come to LoS twice a month . . .

Coming from Singapore you're obviously aware of the cooked figures the Signapore Government put out.

I lived in Singapore for over a year, 'The Weather Today in Singapore" was a standing joke in the office - We had the benefit of our own weather station which was used for calibration checks in our labartories.

The weather we recorded was always hotter, wetter, more humid than that reported on the Singapore News/Newspapers.

Likewise the polution.

Five or six years back when the Indonesians where blotting the sun out of half SE Asia with their forrest burning anticks, I checked the Singapore polution report. I was living in Thailand at the time and heading to Singapore for a business trip - as I'm asthmatic I was worried about the smog.

The Report on the Singapore Internet Site and in the Singapore press stated (Visibility 200meters).

I kid you not, when we landed at Changi, I couldn't see the end of the aircraft wing and in downtown Singapore I couldn't see halfway across Orchard Road.

It was like that the whole week I was there and the reports in the press remained (Visibility 200meters).

Now since I take the view that I never believe any official statistics in Thailand, where a bad number would negatively impact tourism or business - Why would anyone believe the stats from BKK?

Thank you, Deke. I'll check it.

Well, GH, we have had the worst month of haze since 1997, before my time here, but easily the worst I have ever seen or witnessed in my 5-6 years here.

It was constantly hovering at 130-150 (a sunny BKK day :o ) due to the unfavourable wind conditions, loads of people in clinics for breathing problems, asthmatics in real bother - you would not have enjoyed it - no deaths but a lot of discomfort.

It got so bad a few weeks ago that we decided to pack off to Phuket for a week. Seems to have improved today due to the rains . . .

Tomorow we'll be in BKK and the plant in the north for a week . . .