Chesty Cough Medicine

kingalfred

There is no such hing as "chesty cough" medicine but there are placebos which work for some people..

If you are not constitutionally unwell (raised temperature etc) you are wise to avoid antibiotics.

Ask the local Pharmacist for "cough medicine" and resist any attempt to sell you antibiotics !smile.png

Benadryll is gettting hard to get here....people use it to get high so it is being resticted,

The local couph medicine....ask for the brown mixture....is fairly good. It tastes like me like the old fashioned Senega and ammonia they use to have when we were kids. Works ok and is only about 30 baht a bottle.

Benadryll is gettting hard to get here....people use it to get high so it is being resticted,

The local couph medicine....ask for the brown mixture....is fairly good. It tastes like me like the old fashioned Senega and ammonia they use to have when we were kids. Works ok and is only about 30 baht a bottle.

Seriously? How does one get high on benadryl? Just puts most people to sleep......

There are many cough syrups available here and they all contain expectorants. Whether these actually work is a matter of opinion.

7-11s carry "Brown Mixture" (green box with a tiger on it), contains both expectorant and cough suppressant.

Had a check at pharmacies and see all these cough "syrups" are not very syrupy and seem to have mainly sugar and natural ingredients. The "Brown liquid" is not very effective. So it appears the country does not sell a strong "benydrll " style expectorant

Had a check at pharmacies and see all these cough "syrups" are not very syrupy and seem to have mainly sugar and natural ingredients. The "Brown liquid" is not very effective. So it appears the country does not sell a strong "benydrll " style expectorant

Benydryl

Per 5 mL Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg, ammon Cl 125 mg, Na citrate 50 mg, menthol 1 mg, alcohol 5% the remainder being "strong" sugar !smile.png

Sorry but difficult to obtain in Thailand.

i use Strepsil 'chesty cough'. They work better than you might think.

is that a liquid? I only see the strepsil cough candy

Blister pack lozenges. Found they work for me.

The pack has the words 'Chesty Cough' on the packet.

In truth I didn't expect them to work but they did for me.

i use Strepsil 'chesty cough'. They work better than you might think.

is that a liquid? I only see the strepsil cough candy

Blister pack lozenges. Found they work for me.

The pack has the words 'Chesty Cough' on the packet.

In truth I didn't expect them to work but they did for me.

Just remembered. SWMBO swears by BisolvonEX.

You could try "Boi" "Boy" ? pronounced as a fruit based aid sold in 7/11 and pharmacies. There is a green liquid available from some of the temples like the forest temple in Bangkok, put a finger tip dab at the back of your tongue ( sorry dont know name ). Benylyn highs - yes real highs in the early 1960's in England, it was later banned. Stay off certain food products like milk and fatty / oily foods. Not sure where you are in Thailand but I am in Isaan and we have humidity levels of 30% - semi arid conditions - high fine dust levels, many people have throat and chest complaints and dry skin etc. In older people GERD's can be a cause of coughing. I use a natural product if I have any form of infection, especially lungs. Why, because since 2012 I am allergic to all known antibiotics so have no choice. I have mentioned what it is before to people and have had some replies that include disbelief and even outright rudeness.