County sheriff: 'As many' as 3-4 dead, up to 20 hurt in Hesston, Kansas, attacks

webfact

Latest: Sheriff: Multiple deaths, injuries in Kansas attacks

HESSTON, Kansas (AP) — The Latest on a shooting at a Kansas business (all times local):

6:45 p.m.

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton says it's possible "as many" as three to four people are dead, including a suspect, and up to 20 people may be injured after a series of attacks in Hesston, Kansas.

Walton said at a news conference Thursday evening that there are "a number of crime scenes involved," including the Excel Industries plant where dispatchers earlier said they were responding to a shooting.

Walton says the suspect was an Excel employee. He says the suspect was shot and killed.

Walton says the scene at Excel Industries has been secured.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-02-26

I'm actually surprised when there isn't a daily mass shooting in the USA. I'm pretty sure it's accepted now as part of their culture considering they are never going to do anything about it.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

County sheriff: Multiple deaths, injuries Kansas attacks
ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press

HESSTON, Kansas (AP) — A county sheriff said Thursday it's possible "as many" as three to four people are dead, including a suspect, and up to 20 people may be injured after a series of attacks in south-central Kansas.

Sheriff T. Walton said at a news conference Thursday evening that there are "a number of crime scenes involved," including the Excel Industries plant in Hesston where dispatchers earlier said they were responding to a shooting. He reported two other shootings nearby and one shooting in the plant parking lot before the shooting inside the Excel building.

The suspect was an Excel employee, Walton said.

Walton said the suspect was shot and killed and the scene at Excel Industries has been secured. "I don't have a lot of answers," he said.

He said he couldn't give an exact number of people killed and injured.

Martin Espinoza, who works at Excel, was in the plant during the shooting. He heard people yelling to others to get out of the building, then heard popping, then saw the shooter, a co-worker he described as typically pretty calm.

Espinoza told The Associated Press the shooter pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger, but the gun was empty. At that point, the shooter got a different gun and Martin took off running.

"I looked right at him and he looked right at me," Espinoza said.

KSN-TV footage showed a large law enforcement presence at Excel Industries and at least one person being loaded into an ambulance. A college nearby was briefly locked down.

Hesston is a community of about 3,700 residents about 35 miles (56 kilometers) north of Wichita. Excel Industries was awarded the Governor's Exporter of the Year award in 2013 from the Kansas Department of Commerce. The company manufactures Hustler and Big Dog mowing equipment and was founded in Hesston in 1960.

Walton said the FBI and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation had been called in to assist.

A spokeswoman for the Kansas City office of the FBI did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday night.

The shooting comes less than a week after authorities say a man opened fire at several locations in Kalamazoo, Michigan, leaving six people dead and two severely wounded.

aplogo.jpg

Deaths reported in Kansas shootings
By Dana Ford, CNN

(CNN)Multiple people were killed Thursday in a series of shootings that ended at Excel Industries in Hesston, Kansas, Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton told reporters.

The suspected shooter, an employee at Excel, was killed.

"There could be as many as three or four others (dead), and possibly up to 20 people that have been injured," Walton said.

Full story: http://us.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/kansas-shooting/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-02-26

The shooter has been identified as Cedric Ford. He worked at the plant.

From Heavy.com "He Was Was Accused of Domestic Violence & Has a Felony Record in Florida Dating Back Several Years".

I wonder what set this guy off?

This pic from his FB page

post-123755-0-50418300-1456454199_thumb.

Latest: Sheriff says 4 dead, 14 hurt in Kansas shootings

HESSTON, Kansas (AP) — The Latest on a shooting at a Kansas business (all times local):

___

9 p.m.

A sheriff says four people, including a gunman, are dead after a series of shootings in south-central Kansas.

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton gave the updated death count at a news conference Thursday night.

Walton says all the dead were shot inside Excel Industries, which makes lawn mower products, in Hesston. He says law enforcement killed the suspect, who was an employee.

He says 14 people were injured in the attacks, which took place at four locations.

___

6:45 p.m.

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton says it's possible "as many" as three to four people are dead, including a suspect, and up to 20 people may be injured after a series of attacks in Hesston, Kansas.

Walton said at a news conference Thursday evening that there are "a number of crime scenes involved," including the Excel Industries plant where dispatchers earlier said they were responding to a shooting.

Walton says the suspect was an Excel employee. He says the suspect was shot and killed.

Walton says the scene at Excel Industries has been secured.

aplogo.jpg

Kansas factory shooting: Police confirm four deaths in Hesston

Four people including the gunman have been killed in a shooting in the US state of Kansas, police say.

The suspected attacker was an employee at a lawnmower factory in Hesston where the shooting happened, police said. He was later shot dead.

Fourteen people were injured in the attack at the Excel Industries factory, County Sheriff T Walton said.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35666108

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-02-26

"this wouldn't have happened, if everybody else had a gun or an RPG or..." in 5...4...3...2...

Oh...and check him for a Muslim- terror- Jihadist- background of course and don't ever call it "Terror", if he has none...

I see he has taken advantage of his right to bear arms.

As he had a felony conviction, I doubt he had the right to bear arms any more. Being illegal didn't stop him from getting a gun. Never does.

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton told reporters that whoever shot the gunman responsible for a series of shootings in Kansas on Thursday "saved a whole lot of lives" and is a "hero."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/kansas-shooting/index.html

Meanwhile, the guy who stopped him is probably rally glad he had the right to defend himself and his loved ones. So are a bunch of other folks who could have been killed.

Edit: Update, looks like it was an officer that stopped him:

Walton said the first officer on the scene, shot and killed the shooter.

"There was particular law enforcement here in Hesston that responded right away. And even though he took fire, he went inside of that place and saved multiple, multple lives. A hero as far as I'm concerned."

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/police-responding-to-shooting-at-excel-industries-in-hesston/38197242

Edited by impulse

I see he has taken advantage of his right to bear arms.

As he had a felony conviction, I doubt he had the right to bear arms any more. Being illegal didn't stop him from getting a gun. Never does.

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton told reporters that whoever shot the gunman responsible for a series of shootings in Kansas on Thursday "saved a whole lot of lives" and is a "hero."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/kansas-shooting/index.html

Meanwhile, the guy who stopped him is probably rally glad he had the right to defend himself and his loved ones. So are a bunch of other folks who could have been killed.

Edit: Update, looks like it was an officer that stopped him:

Walton said the first officer on the scene, shot and killed the shooter.

"There was particular law enforcement here in Hesston that responded right away. And even though he took fire, he went inside of that place and saved multiple, multple lives. A hero as far as I'm concerned."

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/police-responding-to-shooting-at-excel-industries-in-hesston/38197242

"As he had a felony conviction, I doubt he had the right to bear arms any more. Being illegal didn't stop him from getting a gun. Never does."

Of course it does. The less guns are legally available the less will be available for illegal purchases. That is what happened all over the world where arms sales are restricted.

U.S. Population - 323.314,342

Thailand Population - 68,082,473 (roughly 1/5 of the U.S.)

U.S. Gun related deaths per 100,000 = 3.5

Thailand Gun related deaths per 100,000 = 7.48

(2013 statistics)

So, a country with roughly one-fifth of the population of the U.S. has over twice as many gun related deaths.

You tell me which country has a "gun problem".

But, hey, it's always good to bash the U.S., even if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

(2013 statistics)

So, a country with roughly one-fifth of the population of the U.S. has over twice as many gun related deaths.

But, hey, it's always good to bash the U.S., even if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Yes, if you think the standards in these countries are comparable that is a good and valid comparison.

(2013 statistics)

Wind it in sunshine, both countries clearly have massive gun problems..

The figures you "quote" are clearly wrong..

US gun related deaths (2013) per 100,000 10.64

CDC figures for 2013..

All firearm deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,636
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

CDC is a US Government organisation

No reliable statistics exist for Thailand.

more guns means more gun related crimes. it is a fact. and USA has the biggest rates of gun related crimes on earth at the same boat with third world countries Jamaica, Colombia, Guatemala, South Africa etc!

funny how USA is still revolving on the second amendment coming from wild wild west cowboy times!

is this what we called civilization? or a civilized state?

does a civilized state gives the right for its civilians to buy a gun freely and shoot the a..s of others around? dont thinks so.

I can't help notice without exception, every mass shooting is committed by someone who is mentally ill. It seems it would be more productive to focus on mental health rather than all the hysterical anti-gun comments.

Sure!

That would be one point!

The other would be GUN CONTROL, so the mentally ill can not buy guns from every Tom, Dick and Harry without any kind of background check!