Thailand has the second highest rate of road deaths in the world

rooster59

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like Thailand you have the freedom to go wherever you choose to be .

But I still to this day think it's a beautiful country and my wife and children look awesome.

Wesley Chapel Florida

It's not Thailand people don't like, just the daily stupidity and disregard for life on the roads that most do not appreciate. If we were not here it would still be going on so I really don't see what your point is, or what your family has to do with driving standards.

But I still to this day think it's a beautiful country and my wife and children look awesome.

Wesley Chapel Florida

s

How awesome do you think they'd look grey and cold on a slab in the morgue as a result of a sub moronic IQ selfish driver ramming into them?

i love Thailand the way it is.

no enforcement of traffics law is one of the reasons I came here.

I hope the Thai people continue to resist these outside calls for change to the last breath.

take your nanny state radar guns, traffic cameras and police helicopters and SWAT teams and go back to the UK or USA or whatever total police state you come from.

I hope the Thai people continue to resist these outside calls for change to the last breath.

take your nanny state radar guns, traffic cameras and police helicopters and SWAT teams and go back to the UK or USA or whatever total police state you come from.

Just hope it's not you or a loved one that ends up either dead or maimed, but as long as there is no enforcement of laws, all is OK.

Wesley Chapel Florida

Tell us when you stop comparing apples with space dust.

So you rather defend a true police/military state than something that actually save lives?

Also i'm not so sure as to how SWAT teams come into play about traffic safety.

The ridiculousness of your post lies in how profoundly "nanny state" Thailand has become with the government policing not only what people can do and say but also what they can think!

Thailand, much like North Korea, is the ULTIMATE nanny state!

LOL

Wesley Chapel Florida

Don't like Thailand, we also have the right to carry on complaining our backsides off among other rights. Thanks for the update.

The ridiculous of your post lies in how profoundly "nanny state" Thailand has become with the government policing not only what people can do and say but also what they cab think!

Thailand, much like North Korea, is the ULTIMATE nanny state!

LOL

i just want you to know, i knew you were going to quote this post. i am actually starting to like you my Canadian friend. :)

Tell that to my Thai wife. Her brother was killed by a drunk driver who's bribe helped him avoid any responsibility.

Where should I tell my in-laws to go as they hate the corruption that allows this to happen?

last I saw was 74% of Thai road deaths involve motor bikes. i guess India is the same. I thought No 1 was an African nation.

Please note: In LOS the stats are only counted on people who die at the scene. If they can get you away from the accident alive & you snuff it in the Rescue truck or hospital, later, That is no longer counted as a RTA death.

PS I read that on thaivisa.com some time back so it must be true!!!!

This is what happens when there is little money spent on roads and zero money spent on driver education.

I don't think the roads are a problem, in fact I think because a lot of the roads are decent tarmac'd 2 or more lane carriageways it means locals can do 80mph on a scooter with 5 people and no helmets and get wiped out by their or someone else's selfish stupid driving.

What they really need is educating about road safety, rules, hazards, drink driving and that being a selfish stupid bully on the roads can easily end your life out of nowhere. Also a government and police force that actual enforced the road rules would probably help a lot too, until then expect more stories of 20 people in 1 pickup being killed on a daily basis.

Good post, but the roads are a problem, a big problem. You obviously do not live in the Phichit province.

The reason of Thailand,s high rate is because the scooter driver do not have any law . They can drive to the front of any red light. Drive between two cars on a highway and pull out of a side street at any time. The most of all of the Thai drivers do not have taken the drivers test. No turn signals and lack of respect for people. This rating will never change because i never see a policemen on the highway. WITH NO INFORCEMENT IT WILL NEVER CHANGE!

Part of the believe system... it will not happen to me... .only to the poor..The.rich and connected.. then open season as has been proven..

Judges allow extremely light punishment say for example that under age teenage driver who killed several people on the freeway, or that hi so spoiled kid who drove his Benz into the crowd.

Coming soon that incredible idiot throwing bricks into wind shields of cars, until his mom folks over 800 k to buy a motorcycle to contribute to the game. that's up north right.

Then include open season on cyclist... sad.. they add in..the situation...

We don't accept it..we just allow it..

This is what happens when there is little money spent on roads and zero money spent on driver education.

Not true. Thailand actually has very good roads overall ... esp. when compared to many other third-world countries. And the high Thai highway death rate ain't about driver education ... it's about reckless and selfish drivers.

Another poster who obviously does not live Phichit province.

It's not the roads,....there are exceptions, but most roads are good, and the U turns are deadly. You are right about driver education....

The government should enforce the law and rules...and impose heavy penalty's for offenders.

A incentive could be to give a fixed percentage of the fine to the police man/woman who gave the fine. (open to debate....?!?!?)

Regards,.

Here we go again. Are there any TV members who are drivers or motorbike riders, and live in the Province of Phichit who think that the roads are good?

I don't think the roads are a problem, in fact I think because a lot of the roads are decent tarmac'd 2 or more lane carriageways it means locals can do 80mph on a scooter with 5 people and no helmets and get wiped out by their or someone else's selfish stupid driving.

What they really need is educating about road safety, rules, hazards, drink driving and that being a selfish stupid bully on the roads can easily end your life out of nowhere. Also a government and police force that actual enforced the road rules would probably help a lot too, until then expect more stories of 20 people in 1 pickup being killed on a daily basis.

Good post, but the roads are a problem, a big problem. You obviously do not live in the Phichit province.

No ! If there is no road, you don't drive

If it's a bumpy rd, you drive slowly;

we have roads like that in Issan and MTBikes or motorbikes go faster than me when driving; I don't want to break something on my truck

you must adjust your driving to the roads conditions ;

when it's raining you must know you need more meters to stop, and so on ...

No ! If there is no road, you don't drive

If it's a bumpy rd, you drive slowly;

we have roads like that in Issan and MTBikes or motorbikes go faster than me when driving; I don't want to break something on my truck

you must adjust your driving to the roads conditions ;

when it's raining you must know you need more meters to stop, and so on ...

you must adjust your driving to the roads conditions

Of course you do, but the roads should be well maintained, and they are not.

Archived