Cambodian fishermen admit to raping French tourists in Thailand

webfact

Cambodians admit to raping French tourists in Thailand: foreign ministry

BANGKOK: -- Five Cambodian fisherman have confessed to raping and assaulting French tourists on an isolated Thai beach, Cambodia's foreign ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.

Thai police said four French tourists were attacked late on Saturday on Koh Kood, a remote island near Thailand's maritime border with Cambodia known for its untamed jungle and pristine beaches.

Thai police investigators said the attackers swam from their fishing boat to assault the group and raped two women at knifepoint. They were caught while trying to escape.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-cambodia-rape-idUSKCN0W33E3

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-03-01

whistling.gif I hate to be a stickler for details....but as I heard the story 5 French tourists were assaulted and the 3 males were beaten threatened, and robbed by the Cambodian sailors and the two females were raped by the same sailors.

As I understand it, one of the males escaped while the two females were being raped and got local help from the locals who alerted the police to what was happening.

I accept there might be crime happened there in lonely Island, we don't know who did it until court proves. We have to wait and see the twist, and proofs presented this time, especially DNA samples etc. France will be more sensitive than British about crime.

More than Thai Police proving the guilty of the accused people, they themselves should prove they are innocent first.

More drama can happen soon. sad.pngsad.png

Feel sad for the victims too, their life will be like rebirth after a death. I hope they will survive from this attack, and lead a normal life back in their country. Thai authorities should make sure they are getting right compensation for their lost dignity. Thailand should not think tourists are cash cows, they should show sincerity to save them and show them good respect.

French like to exposure themselves. No excuse what happened. But a trigger. I hope we will know much more soon

While you're waiting why not examine sentences 1 and 3 and think about why some might see them as blaming the victim....

It may be true or it may not. The problem is only a fool believes for sure anything coming out of the mouths of this silly little country Thailand, all credibility having fled. Well done coffee1.gif

Perfect exemplary of one of the best Thai Visa posting clap2.gif

whistling.gif I hate to be a stickler for details....but as I heard the story 5 French tourists were assaulted and the 3 males were beaten threatened, and robbed by the Cambodian sailors and the two females were raped by the same sailors.

As I understand it, one of the males escaped while the two females were being raped and got local help from the locals who alerted the police to what was happening.

If the person from whom you heard this saw what happened and how it happened, this person should go and tell the police. This is important.

I hate to be a stickler for detail BUT ..........................

Where did you hear this , from someone who witnessed the attack or from a bar stool know-it-all ?

Why are so many of you sticking up for the Cambodian rapists when from all the information they were guilty??? The victims recognised them, and they confessed, they were on the run, what the hell? How would you feel if friends or family of yours were raped on a holiday island by these sorry examples ? Would you still be posing questions ? The tourists did nothing wrong, walking at the back of the resort on their way home . Listening to some of you makes one think they asked for it ! Realise that rape is no mere crime, it can ruin anyone's life, I'm ashamed of you all!

This will attract the TV conspiracy theorists and the TV "expert" police investigators, lawyers an forensic scientists, who will argue that accusing Cambodians of a crime is a deviation/denial of "real justice"

ThaiVisa explanation:

The Cambodian fishermen ran out of petrol and swam ashore to buy petrol for the boat. As they were arriving ashore, a gang comprising some of the wealthy landowners on the island attacked the French tourists. The tourists were then told they had better say it was the Cambodian fishermen who did it or they would never leave the island alive.
Edited by JLCrab

Does anyone know whereabouts they were on Ko Kood, or where they were staying? Theres a road that links a resort called 'Away Ko Kood' to a few bars and restaurants over looking the bay. Most other places are pretty well lit up with lots of people milling about.

What many posters here haven't bothered to cop onto is the fact that all five tourists would be able to identify their assailants.

All badly thought out comments from you amateur sleuths and CSI addicts about Thai cops/Law etc are not valid in this case.

Edited by harleyclarkey

The French might be "sensitive" but they cannot interfere with the Judicial process of another Sovereign Country.

The French State has "form" when it comes to illegal action in other countries. Some may remember the French security services blowing up a ship in Auckland harbour, NZ Murdering a crew member in the process. Leopards and Spots ?

This will attract the TV conspiracy theorists and the TV "expert" police investigators, lawyers an forensic scientists, who will argue that accusing Cambodians of a crime is a deviation/denial of "real justice"

ThaiVisa explanation:

The Cambodian fishermen ran out of petrol and swam ashore to buy petrol for the boat. As they were arriving ashore, a gang comprising some of the wealthy landowners on the island attacked the French tourists. The tourists were then told they had better say it was the Cambodian fishermen who did it or they would never leave the island alive.

DNA evidence ?

ThaiVisa explanation:

Good scenario Mr Gittes. But that's old hat.

It may be true or it may not. The problem is only a fool believes for sure anything coming out of the mouths of this silly little country Thailand, all credibility having fled. Well done coffee1.gif

Well i hope a small minded person such as yourself is long gone, make it less silly

Thailand is not a safe country, never was, just check the news. Foreigners are involved in all kinds of problems here, murdered, raped, robbed, beaten, road accidents, even the police consider foreigners to be fair game.

ThaiVisa explanation:

DNA evidence ?

Probably stored in the refrigerator at the nearest restaurant owned by you-know-who.

I don't know where theorists such as you, come to such inane realisations..........none of us really have any idea what eventuated in regard to this crime.....explore the facts as we see them..and we only have Thai media as our knowledge source.....so why hyposethise about so called TV " conspiricory experts".........Unless of course, you have hands on intelligence....

Edited by ChrisY1

More than Thai Police proving the guilty of the accused people, they themselves should prove they are innocent first

So your advocating that the alleged rapists are guilty till proven innocent?

That's a bit of a backflip on the status quo, which was put in place to protect people from injustice.

Throw her in the lake, if she floats, she's a witch, if she sinks, and drowns, she's innocent..... That should work.

Edited by farcanell

Where did you hear this , from someone who witnessed the attack or from a bar stool know-it-all ?

It was reported here, in Thai visa, as breaking news, when it happened.... Mind you, I think it was always four frenchies and five Cambodians.

It was reported here, in Thai visa, as breaking news, when it happened.... Mind you, I think it was always four frenchies and five Cambodians.

Heard of "Chinese Whispers" and how fact becomes distorted by telling ?

ThaiVisa explanation:

What on Earth are you two talking about, this was a rape not a rape murder. The victims can identify their assailants.

The Koh Tao case had a lot of unanswered questions so all the buzz surrounding it was well-deserved. Are you really going to derail every single incident that happens after that by referring back to it.

Edited by jspill

ThaiVisa explanation:

What on Earth are you two talking about, this was a rape not a rape murder. The victims can identify their assailants.

The Koh Tao case had a lot of unanswered questions so all the buzz surrounding it was well-deserved. Are you really going to derail every single incident that happens after that by referring back to it.

If they "can" identify the criminals ... Why haven't they? Where's the science? Dna!? Who wants to bet the police don't take Dna since there was a "confession"?? Later the The French don't identify the suspects or will then retract identification statement after leaving Thailand??? And there conveniently was never any dna. Bravo. Another scapegoat. Read between the lines people.