As Taps Go Dry, Hua Hin Questions Immense Artificial Lagoon

webfact

As Taps Go Dry, Hua Hin Questions Immense Artificial Lagoon
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14568159911456816018l.jpg
Promotional image showing the MahaSamutr development in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan province. Photo: MahaSamutr / Facebook

HUA HIN — Thailand’s first manmade beach and huge artificial lagoon is raising eyebrows among residents facing a critical water supply problem.

MahaSamutr, a new luxury property development in Hua Hin was reportedly visited by the police this morning after local residents filed a complaint over its possible misuse of water, according to Matichon Online. The recently opened private club has filled a 72,000sqm lagoon while tap water service was disrupted in many households last week, and the reservoir supplying the club is critically low.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456815991

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-01

Yes, and well they might.

It's quite staggering that those of us who live in HH are regularly left without water, yet just down the road they are building this thing.

Villas at this place start at 40 million baht. I can't imagine who on earth would spend 40 million baht on a house in hua hin but there you go.

We drilled a borehole years back because we saw this coming. The big resorts and condo's are allowed to fit massive pumps to their water mains connections to fill their water tanks at the cost of normal houses. Although HH doesn't have any substantial water source they continue to allow uncontrolled growth of the town. Without improving the water infrastructure it is suicide.

It's quite staggering that those of us who live in HH are regularly left without water, yet just down the road they are building this thing.

Villas at this place start at 40 million baht. I can't imagine who on earth would spend 40 million baht on a house in hua hin but there you go.

the 1 % thats who.

thais think like this. take something stupid and sell it for 10x amount, even when no ones buying. Like the beach chairs. all they need is JUST ONE BUYER. and they are set for the day. who cares if they are all empty. (cough, cough, downtown condos.)

This is probably wishful thinking, but it is possible that the owners/buyers at this project are having to pay through the nose for their ability to install and pump this water into the lagoon and the project in general, and (here is the fantasy bit) that money is actually being used to improve the water infrastructure for the town; given that the Mayor has just announced some improvements (see Hua Hin Water Management Proposal For Summer) there is a glimmer of hope...

the 1 % thats who.

thais think like this. take something stupid and sell it for 10x amount, even when no ones buying. Like the beach chairs. all they need is JUST ONE BUYER. and they are set for the day. who cares if they are all empty. (cough, cough, downtown condos.)

it's one way to check up on money flows.

Any foreigner spending that kind of money would be way beyond crazy

Monkey see Monkey do.

The Arabs with all the money from the SUV drivers buying Arab crude to make gasoline build Palm Island in the Arabian Gulf - the other half called Persian Gulf. So the b!@#$%^ Thais must also have a go at it, after all they have wells in the Gulf of Siam. Only difference the Arabs sucked the sand to make Palm Island out of the Arabian Gulf and used the gulf saltwater for the lagoons. Useless saltwater, BIG difference.

As Bernard Trink would say, "TIT".

This is not designed for westerners.......wealthy falang dont come to Hua Hin to retire......but....Thais love these developments

You should not forget that there are people making 40 million per month or even quicker so why would not they spend it for a house, however ridiculous the price is/seems to people with ordinary income? It is exactly these people that are the end customers (I can imagine that high ranked government officials might make such money [and in any country, not just here] on various "incentives"). I hate it, too, but this is how the world works at the moment, the rich could not care less about the rest.

Look at those design plans. I doubt you would find a plot of one rai dedicated to water treatment.

It may be the world's biggest cesspool in a decade's time.

Google is your friend: Crystal lagoons build these all over the world, and many .. much much larger.

Does anyone ever do ANY research before they post? This took me 60 seconds .. start to finish.

Crystal Lagoons has created and developed a pioneering concept and state-of-the-art technology, which allows lagoons of unlimited size to be built and maintained at very low cost, anywhere in the world, operating in more than 50 countries around the world. Visit: http://www.crystal-lagoons.com

Look at those design plans. I doubt you would find a plot of one rai dedicated to water treatment.

It will be a lot sooner than a decade

And again .. "Google is your friend"

Crystal Lagoons has created and developed a pioneering concept and state-of-the-art technology, which allows lagoons of unlimited size to be built and maintained at very low cost, anywhere in the world, operating in more than 50 countries around the world. Visit: http://www.crystal-lagoons.com

You are beautiful when you are jealous!

Have any of you ever looked out the widow of an airplane, and seen the THOUSANDS of small lakes and dams in Thailand?

(Possibly tens of thousands)

The only difference is, this one is perfectly clean, and reserved for the uber elite.

I have visited this development and let me tell you all .. it is absolutely delightful and the ideal second home or retirement villa.

But feel free to bash it, because you can not afford it. This "lagoon" holds about as much water as a fair sized rice farm.

Google is your friend: Crystal lagoons build these all over the world, and many .. much much larger.

Does anyone ever do ANY research before they post? This took me 60 seconds .. start to finish.

It takes two hands to clap, even for world class developers, when you know the attitude of the rich Thais regarding maintenance...

We drilled a borehole years back because we saw this coming. The big resorts and condo's are allowed to fit massive pumps to their water mains connections to fill their water tanks at the cost of normal houses. Although HH doesn't have any substantial water source they continue to allow uncontrolled growth of the town. Without improving the water infrastructure it is suicide.

Reminds me of Pattaya maybe 20 or 30 years ago. Drilling wells, uncontrolled urban sprawl, no infrastructure, etc., etc..

Note that Pattaya still hasn't committed suicide so chances are both places will see us both in the grave before the taps really run dry.

It takes two hands to clap, even for world class developers, when you know the attitude of the rich Thais regarding maintenance...

I am very familiar with "the attitude of the rich Thais regarding maintenance"

I have visited their homes ... which are simply incredible.

They are large, and lavish. There is a small army of workers who are maintaining everything 24/7. I wish my hospital was as clean as their estates.

Even the neat row of Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce ... and Mercedes (bullet proof) had not a particle of dust on them.

I am going to guess you have never been in the homes of the wealthy Thais ... they are mind boggling in their beauty .. and the gardens and fountains? Amazing!

You do know this project is owned and operated by PACE? Yes? If you knew that, you would know that they set the standard for luxury projects and maintenance.

Oh, Thai Visa ... is there no end to the folly we read here. "...the attitude of the rich Thais regarding maintenance .." indeed! Since ignorance is bliss, you must be more jolly than Santa Claus!

They are large, and lavish. There is a small army of workers who are maintaining everything 24/7. I wish my hospital was as clean as their estates.

Even the neat row of Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce ... and Mercedes (bullet proof) had not a particle of dust on them.

I am going to guess you have never been in the homes of the wealthy Thais ... they are mind boggling in their beauty .. and the gardens and fountains? Amazing!

You do know this project is owned and operated by PACE? Yes? If you knew that, you would know that they set the standard for luxury projects and maintenance.

Oh, Thai Visa ... is there no end to the folly we read here. "...the attitude of the rich Thais regarding maintenance .." indeed! Since ignorance is bliss, you must be more jolly than Santa Claus!

Oh, so you know the Chaiyapoonwitti's too? We're so happy for you.

Edited by NanLaew

Oh, so you know the Chaiyapoonwitti's too? We're so happy for you.

Case in point .. Merry Christmas Santa ... don't you have some elves to fiddle with?

I sort of owe you a thank you however.

I go for periods and do not read or engage much with Thai Visa .. then I come back thinking it will be different.
The only thing different is the INCREASE in volume and velocity of uniformed anti Thai rants.

Time for me to take another break from this collective of whining haters who really are so desperately sad, that they have to live in a country they hate, populated with citizens they despise.

Time to pull my head out of the Thai Visa toilet and go get some fresh air ... and yes, in the company of highly educated Thai with net worth that would make your head spin.

Thank you for the reminder what an utter waste of time it is to try and communicate with most of the Foreigners in the Kingdom.

The next time someone like me brushes past you without even a nod ... now you know.

As they say in my home town "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya !!!!!!"

You seen within their property lines, and not in the common areas of the estate...

if you don't got big bucks, don't come to Hua Hin. I live here and I know many Farangs here who are Ferrari drivin' multi millionaires back home.

and top underestimating how rich the Thais are. My Thai landlord and Thai neighbors have a ton of money.

Maybe the people who buy those villas are the ones who can read a report and understand that the water used in their development does not come from the source that provides Hua Hin tap water? But there you go.