having my present retirement visa extended by my visa agent

evenstevens

its a gidday to all c/mai .t.v. memberssmile.png

from my memory being a contributor to our forum, for a short 2 years ,never ever recalled a thread detailing one.s experience of having engaged a visa agent to do the work at the zoobiggrin.png

So E/S would like to do so ,from barrier rise to the winning post , and if any, interference and allsmile.png

all saddled up , , a very light rein, a dig in the flanks. ,lets all go, for a ridebiggrin.png

FEB, 19TH, paid a visit to our AUSSIE bangkok embassy who were present in c/mai to receive the necessary signed stat decs of my incoming pensions to thailand,which fulfill the zoo,s requirements

all done, inside 30 mins, splendid service given by val and the girls,incidentally they visit c/mai every 3 months,, please look at their w/site for services provided

COST..500 bahtsmile.png

MARCH 1ST.. a gallop to my trusty visa agent, gave them my stat decs, my passport,then signed all forms necessary , time spent 15 mins

COST...7000 baht ..(visa agent 5.100 baht ...zoo 1900 baht) my v/agent fees , IMPORTANTLY includes all 90 day reports ,until my next renewalclap2.gif

my visit to the zoo to have my application approved , is pencilled in , MARCH 11 TH to be confirmed by email, from my v/agent

total running costs and times, so far, 7.500 BAHT....45 MINS

until next time, a lovely early evening to allsmile.png

from my memory being a contributor to our forum, for a short 2 years ,never ever recalled a thread detailing one.s experience of having engaged a visa agent to do the work at the zoobiggrin.png

So E/S would like to do so ,from barrier rise to the winning post , and if any, interference and allsmile.png

all saddled up , , a very light rein, a dig in the flanks. ,lets all go, for a ridebiggrin.png

FEB, 19TH, paid a visit to our AUSSIE bangkok embassy who were present in c/mai to receive the necessary signed stat decs of my incoming pensions to thailand,which fulfill the zoo,s requirements

all done, inside 30 mins, splendid service given by val and the girls,incidentally they visit c/mai every 3 months,, please look at their w/site for services provided

COST..500 bahtsmile.png

MARCH 1ST.. a gallop to my trusty visa agent, gave them my stat decs, my passport,then signed all forms necessary , time spent 15 mins

COST...7000 baht ..(visa agent 5.100 baht ...zoo 1900 baht) my v/agent fees , IMPORTANTLY includes all 90 day reports ,until my next renewalclap2.gif

my visit to the zoo to have my application approved , is pencilled in , MARCH 11 TH to be confirmed by email, from my v/agent

I actually understood him !!!!!

Not a bad idea to share agent experiences and costs.

Good on old evenstevens. He`s only given his experiences with an agent and no one should knock him down for it. Good information for anyone that decides to go that route.

People do whatever suits them best, it`s their money and can spend it how they feel fit. I appreciate all these reports.

Edited by cyberfarang

I agree with the above, I have never known ES to have a problem with his Visa Agent and I think the 90 day reports included is pretty good too.

He's recommended his agent many times and I certainly believe what he says is true. If he wants to pay 7,500 for a hassle free year then that's great, who cares if someone pays more or less?

The deal suits him and that's all that matters..

My curiosity is focused on his March 11th visit to immigration to have the application for his twelve-month extension (not a visa) approved. Will he be able to go in at any time on that day? If so, then that is worth some money to save the need to queue up at 4:30 AM and possibly not be able to have his application approved on that day if he doesn't get in early enough. ES, please supply some details about what you will need to do on March 11th.

Good topic for those still uncertain which option to go for - for whatever reason.

Personally,.yes, I'm quite capable enough to go the 'do-it-yourself' route, but with the constant changing of rules (or so it seems), I'd rather protect my stress levels. That's the reason I decided on an agent some years ago, after being caught up unwittedly in the infamous CMU language school issue. I'd come from a work permit to an ed visa as I, by then, had time to continue with my interrupted Thai studies, but was only a couple of months into the course when the plug was pulled without any warning.

At that point, an agent seemed the best way forward, especially as I qualified for a retirement visa and my post ed-visa interview with an immigration office had put the fear of God up me! Sympathetic the guy wasn't....big-time. Since then, I'd rather walk across hot coals than visit immigration alone again. Don't care how much it costs - and I'm by no means wealthy - I'd rather be able to sleep nights knowing at least those I'm paying for the service are as far ahead of the game as they possibly can be.

Had I known what was ahead, would I have come here? Probably not. And that after a decade of living an otherwise quiet, relatively comfortable and affordable out-of-town life in a warm country I'm decidedly fond of.

Good on old evenstevens. He`s only given his experiences with an agent and no one should knock him down for it. Good information for anyone that decides to go that route.

People do whatever suits them best, it`s their money and can spend it how they feel fit. I appreciate all these reports.

"People do whatever suits them best ..."

Quite true and, after reading through his post. I'm sure all concerned, including the staff at immigratrions, are grateful he's using an agent. Are there any smiley faces left unmolested?

Edited by Suradit69

"People do whatever suits them best ..."

Quite true and, after reading through his post. I'm sure all concerned, including the staff at immigratrions, are grateful he's using an agent. Are there any smiley faces left unmolested?

I can truly tell you, I hate the way this has gone, the whole lot stinks. what are the choices? Either put up with being treated like s**t or flash the cash and go into battle at least with a fighting chance for the privilege of living in paradise for another 12 months. I will go the agent route but can assure you I`m not promoting the agents and I`m not smiling. Getting old now, can`t handle stress too well and just want an easy life even if it comes at a price.

My agent charged 4,500 (+1,900 Imm fee) discounted from 5k because all my forms were ready and signed, drove me to prom at 8;30 am, was number 1 in que, finished by about 9 , drove me home. picked up PP next morning at her office. stress free.

My agent charged 4,500 (+1,900 Imm fee) discounted from 5k because all my forms were ready and signed, drove me to prom at 8;30 am, was number 1 in que, finished by about 9 , drove me home. picked up PP next morning at her office. stress free.

Could you share the name of your agent please?

Dealing with the bureaucracy of Immigrating is a bother, but anyone 'can' do it.

It's not some sort of 'test' or right of passage. It's just another facet of existence.

It's no different from making dinner for yourself; anyone can do it, but there are times

we'd just prefer to go out to a restaurant rather than bother cooking it ourselves.

'Choice.' Nothing more. Nothing less.

There at 8.30 am. and first in que ,things must be finally improving ????, yes - no ?

regards Worgeordie

There at 8.30 am. and first in que ,things must be finally improving ????, yes - no ?

regards Worgeordie

I assume the agent had a rep there in line well before dawn ... that is what you are paying for... and in this case transport and retrieving the PP for me later in the day.

For the OP

Have you had a gallop along this course with the same trainer before or is it first time out?

no cobber third preparation by my trainer, but the first two were at the airport course,

march 11 th is at the prom course, different beast under different rules, but follow my thread ,sure my trainer will have E/S in fine fettle for the big daysmile.png

My curiosity is focused on his March 11th visit to immigration to have the application for his twelve-month extension (not a visa) approved. Will he be able to go in at any time on that day? If so, then that is worth some money to save the need to queue up at 4:30 AM and possibly not be able to have his application approved on that day if he doesn't get in early enough. ES, please supply some details about what you will need to do on March 11th.

gidday cobberbiggrin.png at this point of time MARCH 11 TH, is race day,but that will be confirmed by email from my v/agent, in due course

on the morning of race day,my very astute trainer/v/agent will mobile E/S for official starting times ( to be at her office at such and such time for the canter to the promanade course,and led in the barrier for THE ZOO STAKES)smile.png

stay tuned in. will give full details how the ZOO STAKES, is run and???biggrin.png

Dealing with the bureaucracy of Immigrating is a bother, but anyone 'can' do it.

It's not some sort of 'test' or right of passage. It's just another facet of existence.

It's no different from making dinner for yourself; anyone can do it, but there are times

we'd just prefer to go out to a restaurant rather than bother cooking it ourselves.

'Choice.' Nothing more. Nothing less.

Getting to be Hobson`s choice.

Although the paperwork is pretty straightforward, and I have done my two previous extensions myself, I really can't face the farce at Promenada - it was bad enough latterly at Airport, but from what I've seen and heard, the service has deteriorated badly.

I've started to use Assist Visa for the 90 day reports - a great service, and will probably use them for the next extension in July, although if anyone can do it cheaper..... What other agents can any one recommend to look at - for instance the people in the office near to Promenada Immigration?

Recommendations would be much appreciated, either in an open post or in PM.

Many thanks

Yesterday, 2nd March I was at Prom Immigration at 840 for retirement extension. Waited about 15 minutes and after a review of my self prepared documents got queue number 28. Told to return around 230/300 pm. Left and did chores at home and returned as directed. About 330 was processed and picked up my passport at 430 after a nice afternoon coffee and cake. All stress free and easy for another year. 90 day reports by mail - simple. No real need for a visa agent at this stage for me.

Because I had been reading here that things were going downhill lately I used the agency besides Immigration for my annual extension (retirement) and was glad I did. I made a miscalculation (I offer no details) and if I had gone directly myself I likely would have lost my "retirement" visa and would have to start all over with tourist visa etc. If it was not for their valued advice (I even tipped them) I would likely have to go back to visa runs etc which after 6 years on a RV I dreaded having to do.

Also, in the past I have often observed older gents who either are getting mentally slow or have a language problem tying up an agent for extended time and think an agency is perfect for them. An agency prescreening applications saves us & Immigration a lot of time.

Doug

COST..500 bahtsmile.png

I actually understood him !!!!!

For all those who have trouble understanding the pseudo bush argot of Even Steven I would like to point out that Australians don't understand him either.

I would also like to point out that Even Steven was a KIWI horse so suck on that cold battered sav mate, cobber, digger, etc.

There is already a thread "for details and members experience at Promenada immigration office," called: Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016.

The existing thread also covers agents. Why start a new thread?

sure the above thread has been excellent stuff, in particular the commander in cheif,s senseless war crys !!!!

E/S thread a is actual experience of engaging a visa agent to renew a retirement visa at the prom, which under new arrangements ,is another ball game

summing up , E/S is doing his best in giving T.V. c/mai members a FAIR DINKUM heads up, on costs involved , and the way it is executed by a very reputable visa agent

thats why E/S has started a new thread

over to you

There is already a thread "for details and members experience at Promenada immigration office," called: Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016.

The existing thread also covers agents. Why start a new thread?

Solely to promote agents ,I think.

regards Worgeordie

I thought it was to let people know he would be there so they could gather to meet him with his supercalofraglisticexpliocdious agent.

sorry about the spelling.wai.gif

Since I work late there is no way that I will ever be sitting at Promenada at 4.30am. Then there is the fact that I absolutely hate being kept waiting. For that reason I will reluctantly go the way of using an agent. In recent years I was always fortunate enough to get an online appointment but since they put an end to that there's not much choice really.

My view is that the 4.30am nonsense is the equivalent of the Germans leaving their towels on the sunbed at the hotel. I'm sure the towels malarkey originally started by people doing it before breakfast, then when everyone was doing the same, someone decided to do it at 7am, which became 6am, which became doing it at midnight. So now, at immigration, it is 4.30am, or so I hear. In a few weeks time it will 4am, then 3.30am. All because people want to be there first.

So, since I'm new to the game, which agents are recommended, and can anyone tell me how long before my expiry date do I need to contact them?