Drunk Minivan Driver narrowly avoids tourists in Pattaya Beach Road crash

webfact

Drunk Minivan Driver narrowly avoids tourists in Pattaya Beach Road crash

van-2.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Police arrested a 25-year-old Minivan driver in the early hours of Tuesday, after he crashed his van into food and drink vending stalls on Pattaya Beach Road, close to the entrance of Walking Street, narrowly avoiding tourists.

Khun Saksorn was arrested and later charged with drunk-driving and reckless driving causing injury. Also inside the van was Khun Gitisak aged 65, the owner of the vehicle and a third man named as Khun Geng. All 3 men were described as being drunk and open bottles of whisky and soda bottles were found along with 3 glasses of whisky & soda.

The van was seen to be driving at a high rate of speed and erratically before it struck a coffee vending stall, operated by Khun Naesai aged 51, and then a food stall selling squid. The vehicle then struck a concrete barrier which is designed to protect pedestrians from the oncoming traffic.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221857/drunk-minivan-driver-narrowly-avoids-tourists-pattaya-beach-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-02

Good to see the barrier did its job and prevent serious injury or death.

The driver should be banned for life from driving public transport

banned for life? what good is that when half of drivers on the roads drive with no licence anyway.

you should have said LOCKED UP.

These types of stories are as common as grass in Thailand.

When these idiotic mini-van drivers start to come up close to me doing 125-135 kilometers an hour, like a few feet from my rear end in the fast lane if I occasionally miss their swift approach ( I'm already doing a hundred to a hundred and ten ) I pull over and let them go, but I'm a farang.

I like my Thai brother-in law - he goes 90 km an hour and makes the idiots go around.

I don't condone doing that though - I pull over and lets the <deleted> go

Different styles and all..

They should be made to pay for the damage they caused as well

Speaking as a man who once upon a time like his drink too much..I immediately noticed how the occupants in the back of the van managed to hold unto the drinks in their glasses during all the commotion without letting the contents spill out.....first things first ....eh?

Seriously, glad no serious injuries to the people involved.

Edited by dotpoom

My wifes cousin recently died at the hands of one of these lunatics when he swerved onto the wrong side of the road and hit him head on.

The video looked like he was drunk or totally out of it on something. Behaving like this and causing injury as a professional driver should be treated as a criminal offence with jail time for any injury or death and a lifetime ban from driving.

Oh TIT!! W T F am I thinking!! 5555 No tea money in that for the Mafia!!..........Mai pen rai.

Edited by dunks

Just one driver out of hundreds - They should all be locked up and the key thrown away; they are only below the speed limit when they are stopping.

Some of you may remember a Minivan crashing on the Bangna-Trat Expressway, about 3/4 years ago. As far as I can remember, at least 6/7 passengers were burnt to death when it caught fire as a result of that accident; it may have been 9 passengers. The Minivan was travelling from Chachoengsao to Bangna, a route that ran every hour during the day. Only 2 days before that accident, I was travelling on the same route, may have even been the same Minivan. Sitting in the centre seat behind the driver, I could see his speedo was reading 160 k/p/h, and the Minivan was wavering a bit; this was on Bangna-Trat Express way, more or less in the exact area of the accident. Since that day, I have not travelled on one of those Minivans, nor do I intend to in the future.

No doubt the owner of the vehicle will grease the sweaty palms... When he sobers up!

Well the concrete barrier did it's job, I had previously regarded them as a nuisance when walking there.

When on earth is the construction work there going to be finished.

The nuisance is walking there at all. Thats quite an entrance to the premier tourist attraction in city looking for tourism. I have no idea what they have been doing there with

those construction trailers for the last year. When they are finally if ever moved it will expose a very degraded, caved in walkway and beach full of construction junk like the

large chunks of concrete with rusty iron bars sticking out. As can be seen at Soi 6 and the Dusit curve drainage projects.

Good to see he took out a squid-selling stall. That stuff is vile.