Bloodied Brit bundled into back of pick-up in handcuffs after moped crash

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do hope he is OK and no harm comes to him - he was just trying to have a bit of fun when he crashed drunk into two locals injuring one and destroying the others livelihood. For this kind of tourist the police should a range a gold plated rolls Royce to take him to prison.

Looks like he wet his pants after the crash. I expect he was well pissed and probably abusive. There are no public ambulances in Thailand and private hospitals would have no interest in picking up foreign detritus of this type, as they are unlikely to get paid. The police probably did him a favour by scooping him up from the pavement and putting him their truck. I expect they made sure he got some medical attention eventually.after had booked him for drunken driving, reckless driving, damaging property and probably driving without a licence and insurance..

and no helmet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About the cops beating him up: On the thai facebook page about this accident there are witnesses stating he punched the cop who trying put the handcuffs on him. Then bystanders jumped in to help the cop. I don't know if this is true or not, but I have seen belligerent drunks arrested here who gave people and then the police a hard time and then when handcuffed and in the back of the pickup they are set upon by bystanders. The police do nothing to stop it.

When one is involved in an accident here and someone is hurt, there is a good chance the person who caused the accident will be punched or beat up by bystanders or people sympathetic to the him or her. This does not matter if you are thai or not. Manny thai's flee for this reason, then go to the nearest police station to turn themselves in.

He was in a fight in a bar, he tried to flee on his motor bike and crashed into a noddle stand hitting the vendor. He lives in Pattaya , that's what I read on another forum.

Yeah...that is what I was thinking at first.

Drunk and Fleeing from police and crashed into a noodle stand.

And I bet the noodle stand owner now wants a piece of him also...lol.

Ahhhh Yes......The ramifications realized from living the life of a Thug.

Cheers

Why was Paul put in handcuffs and instead of being placed into an abmbulance, he goes into the flatbed of a police vehicle?

No arrest warrant outstanding, nobody injured in the accident except Paul, no complaints out against Paul.

Police actions here seem to follow a pattern of arbitrary and unprofessional behavior that borders on violation of human rights.

DELETED

Maybe because he was drunk and riding a motorbike?

In the UK (where he is from) do you think he wouldn't be arrested?

He was covered in blood like I was ready to fly on the moon. Quality brits indeed playing the victims as usual

No such thing a 'Brits' There are English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish etc - all very different people and different cultures. Brits is just a semi racist slur at worst and thoughtless and ill informed at best.

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 10:32 AM, gandalf12 said:

hagan_2717903a.jpg

Brutal Thai cops hurl injured brother of alleged Brit drug dealer into truck after bike crashes into noodle stall Horror photos show battered Paul Hagan, 24, handcuffed and covered in blood

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6969094/Brutal-Thai-cops-hurl-injured-brother-of-alleged-Brit-drug-dealer-into-back-of-truck-after-bike-smash.html

Probably a lot more to this story than is published here. On what basis do you make the assertion of "Brutal Thai cops...."?

Under what circumstances is handcuffing and bundling someone into the back of a truck deemed standard police procedure, even if they are drunk to some degree? Police are supposed to look after the physical and mental well-being of their charges.

38 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

His big mouth probably got him in

handcuffs, lucky they didn't drag him

behind the truck.

Think that would be against the law to do that to anyone in Thailand.

police or not,    unless you know different ?

would you advocate that sort of behavior towards people ?

On 02/03/2016 at 6:31 AM, ezzra said:

Was he on his brother's stuff when he crushed ? and this is why the Thai police and immigrations

has to more ' crackdowns ' to weed out bozzos losers like this infantile....

Sir. You are making an unjust and unqualified assumption. Was Charles Manson's brother a mass murderer as well?
You have absolutely no reason to assume that this guy is guilty and since his brother hasn't been tried yet, he too is innocent until proven guilty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...