Phuket flyover project racks up huge fines, opens this month

snoop1130

Phuket flyover project racks up huge fines, opens this month
Sukawin Tanthavanich

post-249866-0-96604600-1456918220_thumb.

PHUKET: -- After suffering months of daily 200,000-baht fines, the construction company of the highly anticipated Klong Koh Pee Flyover will have the project ready to present to the public for the grand opening on April 6.

“Locals have been waiting a long time for this project, which has been named ‘Thep Srisin Bridge’,” explained Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada during an inspection yesterday. “The project was supposed to have been finished in September last year. Since that date, the contractor has faced a daily fine.”

The project connects Sakdidet Road Soi 7 directly to Saphan Hin, and is expected to be open for use midway through this month.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-flyover-project-racks-huge-fines-opens/63302?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-02

Penalty clauses in such contracts are normal. When are contract is awarded it is based on an agreed timescale with integration into the infrastructure as the last part of the programme, if the contractor is late delivering the project the integration process has to be delayed, often at great expense; that's what the contractor is paying for!

About bl**dy time!

If it were down to me, I would've filled in the damned mangrove swamp with concrete years - decades - ago.

Now do something about Hayek Chalong! (Oops, forgot, that doesn't affect Phuket Town-ers, does it.)

I thought this project had fallen into the abyss.

Good to see it finally completed, it will make the already stressful trip to Immigration a little easier.

Actually, your trip to Immigration may get more stressful since a lot of new traffic will now go right past it biggrin.png .

so where is it, that street isnt on google maps

Turn right or left on Chao Fa East (depending on which way you are coming) at the intersection of Dowroong Withaya school, the opposite corner has a bunch of water tanks on display. After that continue straight through the intersection on the road which goes to Cape Panwa.

Edited by Valentine

I am guessing the penalty will be swept under the rug with the passing of a few

thick envelopes. It should be deducted from the final payment but that payment

has probably already been made. coffee1.gif