60 days marriage extension in another province.

Hi everyone, I need a quick info. My non b visa extension (teaching) is about to be cancelled on 31st March as I am leaving the job. I am working at Samut Sakhon and moving to Bangkok. My Thai wife works in Bangkok and live there. My question:

Can I get 60 days marriage extension at Bangkok immigration though my work is in Samut sakhon?

I plan to do it on the same day. Cancel wp and visa at samut sakhon and go to Bangkok to do the extension.

You could do it in Bangkok if you have proof of residence for there. A rental agreement or your wife's house book with a Bangkok address would be needed.

I suggest you go to immigration a few days before the date on your termination letter and they will will postdate the cancellation to that date. Doing that would give you a little extra time.

• Like 1

You could do it in Bangkok if you have proof of residence for there. A rental agreement or your wife's house book with a Bangkok address would be needed.

I suggest you go to immigration a few days before the date on your termination letter and they will will postdate the cancellation to that date. Doing that would give you a little extra time.

The OP might have to clear his tax declaration as well.

The OP might have to clear his tax declaration as well.

I think that is separate from what he will be doing at immigration. The only time immigration want anything to do with taxes is to apply for an extension for working or for proof of income.

Thank you ubonjoe, I will first go for postdate cancellation 3 days ahead of my last day of work.

Hi everyone another question

Is it possible to get a 60 days extension based on marriage to a thai on a tourist visa on arrival ?

If so, are there any requirements such as minimum 21 days left in the visa etc.?

Thanks again

A 60 day extension can be obtained for any type of entry. You could get one from a visa exempt entry (there is no tourist visa on arrival).

I don't like to disagree with ubonjoe, but the above is an incorrect statement. Some nationalities, myself included, do not qualify for a visa exemption and get a (tourist) visa on arrival 14 days @1,000 baht.

My understanding of the OP's question was if these visas can be extended. My understanding is that no, but that's for tourism purposes. It's unclear to me if one of these 14 day stamps could be extended for 60 days because of marriage, but I believe not.

Edited by lkv

A 60 day extension can be obtained for any type of entry. You could get one from a visa exempt entry (there is no tourist visa on arrival).

I don't like to disagree with ubonjoe, but the above is an incorrect statement. Some nationalities, myself included, do not qualify for a visa exemption and get a (tourist) visa on arrival 14 days @1,000 baht.

My understanding of the OP's question was if these visas can be extended. My understanding is that no, but that's for tourism purposes. It's unclear to me if one of these 14 day stamps could be extended for 60 days because of marriage, but I believe not.

Can you show anything that says a visa on arrival is a tourist visa on arrival. I have not seen anything that called it that. It only says visa on arrival on the application form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_voa.pdf

It is a 15 day visa on arrival not 14 days.

I am certain he was asking about a visa exempt entry.

Yes my bad i always called it a 14 day because I only used it a couple of times and the stamps looked like 11 Apr-25 Apr.

But you're right, it's a 15 day visa. But it is a tourist visa, category TR 15.

Visa on Arrival

List of Countries whose nationals may apply for tourist visa at immigration checkpoints in Thailand for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days (Visa on Arrival - TR 15)

Yeah well I would double check on the nationality, the other day people started giving advice on another thread and then when I asked about nationality we found out he was from India.

But yeah I was reading again his posts and he was talking about 21 days left, so I guess he is referring to a 30 day visa exempt. It's just he put tourist visa on arrival in bold, so I assumed he referred to that.

Edited by lkv

Would a credit card bank statement work for a proof of address document with immigration?

Would a credit card bank statement work for a proof of address document with immigration?

I don't think that would be enough proof.

Wow really? If true thats strange...anyone can make a rental agreement. Usually utility bills are more secure and more powerful than a rental agreement. I do a lot of business with international companies and for opening accounts with banks or other organisations they will never accept a rental agreement as proof of address. The minimum they would want as proof of address would be either a utility bill or bank statement. If immigration sees a credit card statement from krungsri or kasikorn with my name and address on it and they do not accept it then i do not know what else to say. Usually owners do not provide rental agreements past the first year and in any case it is a simple document with names and signatures on it. Usually no stamps or logos or anything like this.

Wow really? If true thats strange...anyone can make a rental agreement. Usually utility bills are more secure and more powerful than a rental agreement. I do a lot of business with international companies and for opening accounts with banks or other organisations they will never accept a rental agreement as proof of address. The minimum they would want as proof of address would be either a utility bill or bank statement. If immigration sees a credit card statement from krungsri or kasikorn with my name and address on it and they do not accept it then i do not know what else to say. Usually owners do not provide rental agreements past the first year and in any case it is a simple document with names and signatures on it. Usually no stamps or logos or anything like this.

They want proof of residence not just proof of address. You could have mail going to an address where you don't actually live.