Can I get back in to Thailand?

I guess what I don't get is why doesn't Thailand (and other countries) WANT and try to attract people like me who aren't going to steal jobs because we have a pension, we ARE going to spend every baht we get every month here, etc. Why does retirement have to be an age? And why pick 50? Why not if can show proof of PENSION can have a pensioner's visa? =) Rant done. Just frustrated.

I wonder why Australia or New Zealand do not allow all the those with a pension into the country on a cheap pensioner visa and allow them to stay for as long as they wish ?

So... what is the best strategy for a guy like me who is disabled, sick a lot, wants to go to school but would miss a lot of classes (Parkinson's disease), ... How can I buy 5 more years here before retirement visa?

Also, once I have the new passport, how much time is that going to get me? Just 3 or 4 SETV and zero visa exempts?

Purchase a Thailand Elite Visa. The cost is 500,000 baht. It is good for five years. You can come and go as much as you like.

• Like 1

Since you mention illness, there is some chance you can stay due to medical reasons. There are visa rules that allow such things for treatments in Thailand, some convalescence, etc. But I don't know how easy those are to get, how long they are good for, if you would even qualify (although I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to find some doctor or whatever is needed to certify things.

Since you mention illness, there is some chance you can stay due to medical reasons. There are visa rules that allow such things for treatments in Thailand, some convalescence, etc. But I don't know how easy those are to get, how long they are good for, if you would even qualify (although I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to find some doctor or whatever is needed to certify things.

Medical extensions require a Hospital Drs, letter that states

1. The person is unable to travel
  2. The person is receiving active treatment
  3. The nature of the incapacity
  4. A statement of prognosis.

Medical extensions (if given) have to be renewed every 90 days supported by with another letter.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what I don't get is why doesn't Thailand (and other countries) WANT and try to attract people like me who aren't going to steal jobs because we have a pension, we ARE going to spend every baht we get every month here, etc. Why does retirement have to be an age? And why pick 50? Why not if can show proof of PENSION can have a pensioner's visa? =) Rant done. Just frustrated.

I wonder why Australia or New Zealand do not allow all the those with a pension into the country on a cheap pensioner visa and allow them to stay for as long as they wish ?

Why are you comparing a 3rd world country to 1st world countries?

It's an impossible and illogical comparison

The Philippines will give you a visa on SSDI. There is also Cambodia. Why stay in Thailand?

I remember you asking about this a year ago. What happened to your filipina gf?

Wife. Haven't heard from her in a year. No idea where she is.

Personally, I hate the Philippines for cost and lack of meds for Parkinson's, and Cambodia does not have the infrastructure. Laos is nice, but more expensive than Thailand and no meds again. I just need 5 years then can get my retirement visa here.

Why are you comparing a 3rd world country to 1st world countries?

It's an impossible and illogical comparison

Is India third world enough to satisfy you ?

Try getting a cheap pensioner visa from the Indian Embassy

Do not forget to tell us about how easy this Indian "pensioner" visa is to obtain.

• Like 1