Gen Prem's fomer close aide to face another charge from the police

webfact

Gen Prem's fomer close aide to face another charge from the police

96-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police are to file defamation charge against the former close aide of General Prem Tinsulanonda in addition to the charge of violating the computer crime act.

Pol Gen Srivara Rangseepromnakul, the deputy national police chief, disclosed Thursday that he was assigned by the national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda, to file defamation charge against Admiral Prachun Tamprateep, former close aide of privy council president Prem and a former member of the National Reform Council, for accusing an unidentified general of involved in the selling of police positions ahead of police reshuffle.

Pol Gen Srivara said that the case against Admiral Prachun was not politically motivated nor was it initiated by Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

He explained that the National Police Office decided to take legal action against the admiral because his accusation had damaged the reputation of the police as a whole.

Admiral Prachun is yet to report to the police to acknowledge the first charge of violating the computer crime act against him.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153466

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-04

In Thailand, defamation charges are filed by powerful organizations against individuals. This is a major problem. Defamation should be applied to the reputation of individuals, not organizations, and certainly not a government organization.

Abuse of power is a "national sport" in Thailand. That's not defamation; that's a well-considered opinion.

"He explained that the National Police Office decided to take legal action against the admiral because his accusation had damaged the reputation of the police as a whole."

Imagine that saying something against the RTP, well I never!!!

Since this story broke there have been comments about damaging the reputation and credibility of the police.

What credibility and their reputation is nothing to be proud of.

Deputy PM Prawit fully supports the summons claiming the agency has been ' undermined '.

Now what about the manner in which the disgraceful act of a police officer with a camera was glossed over ?

He certainly undermined the BIB's credibility, oh sorry wait a minute , he's a serving police officer and that makes all the difference.

Has this got anything to do with the Park Scandal? Admiral trying to get a general to resign?

You're right that this is probably a turf war between two individuals (or factions) within the currently ruling establishment.

I very much doubt whether it is driven by a desire to clean up any scandal.

Think of it as jockeying for position,, to be in the right position when......

There are many news reports out there about police having to pay for promotions. Sad that something which is true can get somebody in trouble. Reform of the police department is desperately needed.

Amen to that, as well as a reform of the armed forces, judiciary and every other public institution.

Instead, what we got was reform of the lottery system and a whole lot of empty words.

ah, not all is well in Eden...

interesting (and rare) public display of friction among the current group of ruling morons.

Let me get out that popcorn...

...and be ready to take cover because this could get interesting.

"Pol Gen Srivara Rangseepromnakul, the deputy national police chief, disclosed Thursday that he was assigned by the national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda, to file defamation charge against Admiral Prachun Tamprateep, former close aide of privy council president Prem and a former member of the National Reform Council, for accusing an unidentified general of involved in the selling of police positions ahead of police reshuffle."

Is anyone investigating the allegations made against this unidentified general? Does anyone think that positions and promotions in the police, civil service, and military are not for sell?

There are many news reports out there about police having to pay for promotions. Sad that something which is true can get somebody in trouble. Reform of the police department is desperately needed.

The really big crimes, like the people smuggling and slave trade in the south, required high level participation in the military and police. Partners in crime don't reform each other.

correct me if I am wrong but didnt they arrest and jail a former high up policeman for having a room full of money(apart from other things) that they said was derived from other policeman paying him millions to get their promotions, seems that they are now trying to deny this happens. Makes them look a total joke when everyone knows it happens, they have arrested and charged another officer for doing it but are now denying it ever happens, keystone cops would have a better rep.

ah, not all is well in Eden...

interesting (and rare) public display of friction among the current group of ruling morons.

Let me get out that popcorn...

I'm saving it for when.....

I think that they will turn on themselves, blood and snot all over the place!

Gimme a break guys. One of the first things I learned when I came to Thailand right after looking for an adam's apple on a girl was that in order to rise up the ranks in the farce you had to pay.

Edited by Rayk

I note that the Thai PBS report doesn't seem to indicate in any way whether there was any investigation into, or determination of truthfulness, to the allegation that a police general had allegedly been selling promotions.

But I guess that doesn't really matter for the folks involved in this, since apparently the truth of an allegation isn't necessarily a legal defense against a criminal defamation charge in Thailand. Such is the wacky world in which some of us live.

yes sure, not politically motivated, like none of the previous ones who are linked to the privy Council or above....

Mark it! We have 1 (one) supporter of the BiB on TV!

You're not 'politically motivated, is it, it's just about the sweet taste of watermelon motivating you, 'GeorgesAbitbol', or is it about keeping Thaksin's pretorian guard firmly in place, untouched, for possible events to come...?

The young Turks getting restless with the old guards. Something got to give. Expect a lot more fireworks in the making.

Oooh, you would like it sooo much, isn't it, Khun Eric (for 'reconciliation''s sake, or 'Democracy', no doubt...), just don't start drooling on your keyboard though...

(By the way, which 'young Turks' are you babbling about? They're all near/above sixty, but you make me feel young, though not a Turk, thank you for that...)

So, do police pay for promotions? whistling.gif

Of course not! All promotions are earned through hard work and demonstrated ability. That's why the RTP is the scourge of crime and the envy of the world! thumbsup.gif

Edited by heybruce

yes sure, not politically motivated, like none of the previous ones who are linked to the privy Council or above....

You're not 'politically motivated, is it, it's just about the sweet taste of watermelon motivating you, 'GeorgesAbitbol', or is it about keeping Thaksin's pretorian guard firmly in place, untouched, for possible events to come...?

I have to wonder if you know anything about this particular case...

do you?

I have to wonder if you know anything about this particular case...

do you?

Yes, and also more in general, so, please, what might be your specific question or point about my post? (We won't spend the night over it though, shall we?)