Pest Control

pattayapete69

Hi all,

Just moved to a new house, and it seems to have a problem with ticks and fleas. I have searched, but don't see many up to date posts on this matter.

Can anyone please recommend a good pest control company that they have used. I used Creepy Crawly once and was not at all satisfied with their service (didn't turn up to do follow up spray the week after the initial spraying, and would not respond to text messages, emails or phone calls).

Thanks

Peter

I hope the OP won't mind if I broaden the post subject a little. Seems daft to start a new thread.

I have suffered from a recurring skin allergy for about six months. I've been to the hospital 3 times and had an injection and some tablets and it clears up. They have no idea what causes it. Some of thier 'suggestions' have been a bit wier, like taking cold showers and not hot etc.

Anyway, I have completely changed everything such as diet, washing liquids, etc etc, and have becomefanatical and almost paranoid about cleanliness. Having researched 'rashes' I have come to the conclusion there is a strong case for 'bed bugs' causing the problem. (It appears these devils have no regard to cleanliness etc, once they are in position in crevices in furniture etc. They only come out a night).

Although they are called 'bed bugs' they inhabit all sorts of places. (I had a new bed and mattress when I moved into my rented house, which was newlydecorated and clean, but some of the furniture is second hand, and according to the blurb they could have been in situ before that furniture was moved in).

Again, my apologies to the OP as his request was about fleas etc, but I wonder if anyone else has had a 'bed bug' problem and, if so, what did they do about it?.

Thanks very much.

We use a pest control company and they are very good. We had major problems with ticks on our dog. They now spray the yard and garden every month. Fingers crossed, we've not had any problems for over a year. No ants, no termites and they even go after rats if we hear them in the ceiling. The owner speaks English and the crew are very good.

Let me know if interested. Price is very reasonable.

Emily: I thought bed bugs caused small bites, not really a rash. Strange, but I've been having the same problem lately! Skin rash. Going away a bit, but still there....sucks!!!!!!! I know it's not bed bugs as my wife has no rash/bites.

There was a guy here a few years ago who came out and cleaned your bed. I'll see if I can find the info....

I use Termite Tech,

Few years already and comes twice a year..Very good service

Call Chris 0822071959

I also use Termite Tech - great service.

Agreed, Chris at Termite Tech gives great service. 100% recommended. The internal spraying he does as routine every two months provides protection against tics and fleas, but if you've got a really intractable problem with them he knows what to do to sort it out for you.

I used a company primarily because I have wooden stairs and floors and of course are concerned about termites which have basically been eradicated

The pleasant surprise has been that those pesky little ants that would appear out of nowhere whenever some food was left out on the counter have also disappeared as a result of the every 6 weeks treatment

PM me for details

I use Termite Tech,

Call Chris 0822071959

I too have been using Chris for almost a year now. Would also strongly recommend him ...

All ticks and ants are gone ! Yeah !!!

luudee

I use Siam Pest Control who come once a month for a full house and garden spray for termites but I guess they could deal with most pests. Their annual fee is 10k.

Quoted me 9k thumbsup.gif but also included filling the pipes under the house.

After a few quotes I went with D Work Pest Control Co Ltd. Khun Aniroot (nick Sax) on 086 3102603.

The bonus is he speaks reasonable English. The first visit they not only sprayed inside out and filled the under house pipes but also used a "fogger" in the garden which I had not expected. The price was marginally cheaper than Siam pest Control.

We will see what happens on the follow up visits.

We use creepy crawly with an excellent response time, full diagnosis and a follow up that is great. Sorry to hear that the OP has had a bad experience. Try calling them again.

I had them out for a quote some years ago after I think it was Guderian recommended them on here but at the time they could not fill the pipes under the house. Called and spoke to the guy a few weeks ago and reminded him of his previous visit and said I just needed an idea on price. To save him having to come over again sent him all the measurements etc by mail at his request. Never heard back from him............

Also did not say they did or did not fill the pipes under the house but he basically said could not offer any guarantee on that as they had no idea how well/evenly the chemicals permeated the earth which is fair enough.

Edit spelling

Edited by topt

We use a pest control company and they are very good. We had major problems with ticks on our dog. They now spray the yard and garden every month. Fingers crossed, we've not had any problems for over a year. No ants, no termites and they even go after rats if we hear them in the ceiling. The owner speaks English and the crew are very good.

Let me know if interested. Price is very reasonable.

Emily: I thought bed bugs caused small bites, not really a rash. Strange, but I've been having the same problem lately! Skin rash. Going away a bit, but still there....sucks!!!!!!! I know it's not bed bugs as my wife has no rash/bites.

There was a guy here a few years ago who came out and cleaned your bed. I'll see if I can find the info....

Craig.

Thank you for that info. I should apologies - they are more small bites than a general rash, although they are in little 'goups'.

If they were casued by bed bugs then I'm pretty sure they may come off the furniture rather than the bed. I now sleep 'fully enclosed' so to speak now with socks, long johns and a long sleeved polo necked golf shirt. (No wife for testing!) As I said, the bedding was brand new, although I suspect the bed is second hand and I change sheets maybe 4 times a week. The only reason I suspected these 'bugs' is that I have tried everything about my life style - even down to changing my watch strap.! It was a desperation theory really after consulting the internet about skin disorders, something I've never had before. Given the hospital don't know what is casuing it I don't feel too bad being ignorant.

The good news is that these 'bites' on my legs, arms and torso, do not spread to the face and neck. Also, they do not affect me physically, but like you, they are a nuisance.

I've been to the pharmacy today and bought some XYZAL tablets to see if that will clear the problem (They do look a bit like the ones the hospital prescribed, but about a third of the price.)

Thanks again. I'll let you know by PM if they work.

We had a one year contract with "Sunny"

Started off well....6 guys for the first two visits afterwhich it dwindled to two or three men giving a quick squirt here and there around the garden......

On the final visit three guys showed up...two to perform the "let's get out of here as fast as we can routine",whilst unbelievably....the other guy cleaned the wheels on his van.....

Whatever chemical they were using the Ticks love it as they thrived...

Oh and only 13,000 for the year

We had a one year contract with "Sunny"

Started off well....6 guys for the first two visits afterwhich it dwindled to two or three men giving a quick squirt here and there around the garden......

On the final visit three guys showed up...two to perform the "let's get out of here as fast as we can routine",whilst unbelievably....the other guy cleaned the wheels on his van.....

Whatever chemical they were using the Ticks love it as they thrived...

Oh and only 13,000 for the year

We had a company a few years ago that we swore was just using water. Bugs were not killed nor was the fungus and bugs on our plants. Our new company seems to be working out very well.

We use creepy crawly with an excellent response time, full diagnosis and a follow up that is great. Sorry to hear that the OP has had a bad experience. Try calling them again.

I had them out for a quote some years ago after I think it was Guderian recommended them on here but at the time they could not fill the pipes under the house. Called and spoke to the guy a few weeks ago and reminded him of his previous visit and said I just needed an idea on price. To save him having to come over again sent him all the measurements etc by mail at his request. Never heard back from him............

Also did not say they did or did not fill the pipes under the house but he basically said could not offer any guarantee on that as they had no idea how well/evenly the chemicals permeated the earth which is fair enough.

Edit spelling

For obvious (Thai Visa rules) reasons I don't want to go into any specific negative details here, but I started using Creepy Crawly when they first got set up around four years ago and I was very happy with them. Quite a few people followed my recommendation, I was told, and were also initially happy. After a while things started to go downhill at Creepy Crawly, which was a shame, but that's why Chris started his own company, Termite Tech. I've been 100% happy with his company's service. It seems that some people here followed the same route and are also satisfied with Chris's services.

Edit spelling

For obvious (Thai Visa rules) reasons I don't want to go into any specific negative details here, but I started using Creepy Crawly when they first got set up around four years ago and I was very happy with them. Quite a few people followed my recommendation, I was told, and were also initially happy. After a while things started to go downhill at Creepy Crawly, which was a shame, but that's why Chris started his own company, Termite Tech. I've been 100% happy with his company's service. It seems that some people here followed the same route and are also satisfied with Chris's services.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edit spelling

Thanks for the clarification.

I should also have mentioned that according to both the guys at Creepy Crawly and Chris at Termite Tech the Thai system of wrapping perforated PVC chemical injection pipes around the walls of each room underneath the concrete floor is not a western way of doing things. They prefer to have evenly spaced termiticide injection points around the outside of the house, as the Thai system doesn’t really provide a fully effective barrier to termite ingress. So whoever you spoke to at Creepy Crawly was only telling you the truth as they see it.

Chris at Termite Tech has figured out the Thai system and how much to inject in each pipe, but to be safe when he does the annual termite treatment on my place he injects a batch of chemicals in holes along the paths around the house, as well as injecting it into the Thai pipes. Seems to be working so far anyway, touch (termite-free) wood.

• 3 weeks later...

I highly suggest a fipronil based pesticide.Fipronil is a great solution to treat termites. I don’t reccommend treating preventatively unless you will find circumstances which make it compelling. Fipronil is great as a treatment and prevention for termites as well as carpenter ants.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Termite Tech,

Call Chris 0822071959

I too have been using Chris for almost a year now. Would also strongly recommend him ...

All ticks and ants are gone ! Yeah !!!

luudee

Started using Chris / Termite Tech based on the recommendations on here:

- great service and great results, ants / flees / mosquitos / cockroaches all gone

- coming bi-monthly for full spray (inside and outside) for 10K / year

- for inside, using Bayer products which are without (major) problems for humans

- gives 2-month guarantee, meaning if ants come back before the next scheduled spray, he shows up again (and he really does)

- comes within 48h hours of being called, he and his staff are very knowledgeable, they see ants and problems where I don't

so my full recommendation as well

Good thread. Think I might try Chris. I've used the same Thai company for over 10 years & it only costs ฿3K per year but they only spray for termites (once per month).

Edited by DMC1

• 11 months later...

We have just decided not to renew our Pest Control Contract as the little rays of sunshine "forgot" to turn up for three months.

So I would like to do it myself as I have plenty of time on my hands.

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain the necessary pesticide to put in my sprayer?

Thanks

Oink

49 minutes ago, Oink said:

We have just decided not to renew our Pest Control Contract as the little rays of sunshine "forgot" to turn up for three months.

So I would like to do it myself as I have plenty of time on my hands.

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain the necessary pesticide to put in my sprayer?

Thanks

Oink

IMG_20170504_123503.thumb.jpg.9eebefa5d755e8b45316838490aa64cd.jpgI have been using this  to spray inside and out side my home once a month for around 6 yrs ..and up to now has done the job . about 800 baht for the large bottle that lasts me about a years.

Chaindrite_Stedfast_30_SC.pdf

Edited by banglay

Thanks for the info Banglay, just what I need!

Could you tell me where you get it from as I have looked in the usual hardware stores without success.

Oink 

All the large DIY stores sell it as do most of the small Thai style hardware/builders merchants..

Just download the photo I posted on TV onto your phone and show it to an assistant in the shop ..That always works for me ..

Available In most if not all the Hardware superstores such as:

Homepro

Homeworks

HarwareHouse

Kills white ants roaches and all manner of creeping things that want to invade your home. It is also available in small sachets as a powder which is useful for sprinkling around  and in white ant nests once you have broken them open.

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Available In most if not all the Hardware superstores such as:

Homepro

Homeworks

HarwareHouse

Kills white ants roaches and all manner of creeping things that want to invade your home. It is also available in small sachets as a powder which is useful for sprinkling around  and in white ant nests once you have broken them open.

Hi Rimmer

Is this product 100% for cats & dogs .......thanks