Is there something to see in my profile

Whenever I have a discussion on the forum with a stubborn poster who is unable to make his case because he's plain wrong, the next minute he will be looking in my profile.

I have noticed this many times already, but I can't figure out what there is to see in my profile.

Is there something that I don't see but other members do?

Maybe your other posts - I couldn't resisit, I took a look !

As a long time member you should've known that if you mouse over someone's username a pop up appears that shows Find content and Send message, no need to go into the profile.

As ukrules mentioned, they check your profile so that they can see what other posts you have made. Then, they frantically read through your posting history and try to uncover any dirt. If they find that you've made a mistake in another posting, they disingenuously bring that into whatever the current topic is.

It's a silly little game of one-upmanship that they play.

Other times it goes the other way. If I see a member posting stuff I like I will take a look at their other posts in case I have missed something.

Often I get visited by members who have been banned (their name comes up black, normally with zero posts). I guess they are phishing.

Nothing to see Gents, move along..whistling.gif

If you don't want to be seen snooping around a member's profile, it is as easy to do so by not signing into the forum. The same information is there for anonymous users.

I just checked out your profile as a TVF 'guest' but my details won't show up as a visitor on your profile. I note that at least two of your listed friends are moderators. I can only dream.

By the way, what anybody posts on this forum is often nothing more than an opinion, What you consider right and other stubborn posters wrong may also just be that. An opinion.

Edited by Radar501

Wait until they start messaging you with their generous advice. crazy.gif

Even worse if you stay in the same establishment, then they bombard you with gratuitous and unsolicited "advice" when ever they see you. whistling.gif

It's quite easy to accidentally click on somebody's profile on this forum.

I do it a lot and, knowing my u/n will be recorded, feel a bit guilty as if I am snooping.

I think that it has been done to me on many occasions. I have had a lot of profile visits although I rarely post and never anything of any great contention.

As a long time member you should've known that if you mouse over someone's username a pop up appears that shows Find content and Send message, no need to go into the profile.

The 'hover' only works on a computer, not on a tablet or mobile….sometimes it's possible to click on a profile by accident as well…..I too have a steady stream of fans from other bingo player forums checking my profile….like everything written there is God's truth….

Soak up the adulation….it doesn't last forever.