Air France jet narrowly misses drone over Paris

rooster59

Air France jet narrowly misses drone over Paris

post-247607-0-74113200-1457130642_thumb.

An Air France Airbus A320 jet almost hit a drone while preparing to land at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris last month.

Accident investigators at the French BEA agency say the drone passed just five metres below the left wing of the plane, flying at 5,500 feet, en route from Barcelona on February 19.

The co-pilot, who saw the drone, immediately disengaged the autopilot and carried out an avoidance manoeuvre while informing the captain of the drone’s presence, BEA said on its website.

It has classified the incident as “serious” and an investigation is ongoing.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-05

Well the motorcycles rule the roads in Thailand - they call the shots - so why not the Drones in the sky?

Thailand is not exactly the model I would follow if safety is a major concern.

Well the motorcycles rule the roads in Thailand - they call the shots - so why not the Drones in the sky?

I'm not sure what a drone over Paris has to do with motorcycles in Thailand.

As for them ruling the roads in Thailand, they are usually scattered all across the road whenever they meet the competition.

I'm not sure what a drone over Paris has to do with motorcycles in Thailand.

As for them ruling the roads in Thailand, they are usually scattered all across the road whenever they meet the competition.

Or stuck in the front of the competition!

so what damage would a drone collision cause a jumbo jet? They throw chickens and such into jet engines to see the damage caused by a bird; they must do the same with a drone. Of course some day a drone will be loaded with plastic explosive, probably, maybe, could be sort of, perhaps.

Isn't the obvious question who does the drone belong to?

And maybe the next question; how big was it for the pilot to have seen it particularly at the speed he was traveling?

What kind of drone is possibly that big other than belonging to the military.

Now that would be big. !!!

Isn't the obvious question who does the drone belong to?

And maybe the next question; how big was it for the pilot to have seen it particularly at the speed he was traveling?

What kind of drone is possibly that big other than belonging to the military.

Now that would be big. !!!

Unless it was Al Jazeera, again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31717604

^^^ True and then all those that say drones are safe, will come up with some excuse, as to why they should not be banned from use within 20 miles of any airport.

That is, before they are on a plane brought down by a drone.

Then F@@k them. coffee1.gif

so what damage would a drone collision cause a jumbo jet? They throw chickens and such into jet engines to see the damage caused by a bird; they must do the same with a drone. Of course some day a drone will be loaded with plastic explosive, probably, maybe, could be sort of, perhaps.

Oh here we go again... The know-nothings never rest. The frozen chickens (turkeys, whatever) are usually used to test windshields, though I think studies are done to try and gauge the probable extent of damage that can be expected from and resistance to birdstrikes. US Airways Flt 1549 (CAPT Sullenberger) went down in the Hudson River without power after BOTH engines were disabled by birdstrikes. They "walkdown" carrier flight decks before flight operations just looking for things as small as nuts & bolts which can "FOD" an engine! Deck crewman "crawl" or "dive" jet intake ducts before a sortie looking for fasteners which are merely loose and could possibly let go & fod the engine. I assure you, a drone could easily render a jet turbine inoperative (or worse) if taken down the intake. I would think that other damage is certainly possible as well. Carelessly operated drones are a real threat to commercial aviation, particularly aircraft which are "low & slow" (i.e., takeoff, departure, approach and landing), and it's in ground proximity where commercial aircraft are in this configuration where I'd expect most drones to be operating.