Scomadi scooters

KhunTao

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, AllanB said:

When we get a new bike (or S/H) we always do a check.

Just did a trip (2 up) on our new Grand Filano 156mpg full to full, Our Wave gave us 202mpg when it was new, the Lifan 120mpg. A friend of mine got 120mpg out of his 1 year old PCX got around 120mpg.

I am told the new Filano is better than the Fino.........

I am getting average on my pcx150; 102mpg (UK), 85mpg(US) doing city riding.

My old carb Fino was worse: app 93mpg (UK).

Not that I care much, but topping up is a task I rather not do too often. I heard the latest pcx got a big fuel tank, mine is only about 5-5.5 lit.

A big fuel tank is a huge plus for me when looking at scooters.

Not that I care much, but topping up is a task I rather not do too often. I heard the latest pcx got a big fuel tank, mine is only about 5-5.5 lit.

A big fuel tank is a huge plus for me when looking at scooters.

Scomadi has an 11 litre tank. My fuel gauge was low so went to fill up costing me 160 baht.
Have done 80km 2 up since & has only dropped 1 or 2 segments on my digital fuel gauge. Gonna take a lot of miles & maybe weeks, before having to fill up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Went to see some 2 stroke Vespa's here. Restored one was 150,000. Original but nice 85,000 & one without book 45,000. They were all 60's sprints. A restored 70's rally 200 was 400,000.
Anyone know prices of a PX?

2016 Vespa PX 125cc is 275k.
2016 Vespa PX 150cc is 290k.

Italian built means the import duties apply.
At least it's new and not a hack welded unknown Indian Vespa that turnout in Bangkok. I've seen some 1955 allstates going for 400k baht. Insane.

2016 Vespa PX 125cc is 275k.
2016 Vespa PX 150cc is 290k.

Italian built means the import duties apply.
At least it's new and not a hack welded unknown Indian Vespa that turnout in Bangkok. I've seen some 1955 allstates going for 400k baht. Insane.

Wow. PX125 in uk is £3400, about 150,000 baht.
Import taxes are crazy!
When did India start importing Vespa's to Thailand? The Sprints I saw were Italian but wondered what models would be Indian over here?
I've got a Vespa T5 Classic back in UK that I bought over 20 years ago, same as PX but with a faster T5 engine and been MOTD & driven every year. Still going strong without any repairs needed.
LML sell in the UK but they only cost £2200 and depreciate quickly. Indian electrics can have problems.

Wow. PX125 in uk is £3400, about 150,000 baht.
Import taxes are crazy!
When did India start importing Vespa's to Thailand? The Sprints I saw were Italian but wondered what models would be Indian over here?
I've got a Vespa T5 Classic back in UK that I bought over 20 years ago, same as PX but with a faster T5 engine and been MOTD & driven every year. Still going strong without any repairs needed.
LML sell in the UK but they only cost £2200 and depreciate quickly. Indian electrics can have problems.

Yeah but that is the price you pay.
Also the taxes include a pollution tax because it's two stroke and only Euro 3 compliance. Lol. Made me laugh when I read that when I see all the belching diesels on the road.
How typical of Thailand. Enforcing rules on paper, not in reality.

On 29/11/2016 at 2:22 AM, sebastion said:

Not everyone enjoys riding big bikes. I had the tri color cb650f and just didn't use it. Big bikes are impractical for Phuket.

After nearly 70000 km on big bikes and probably something like 10000 on scooters in Phuket, I disagree strongly. Big bikes are more practical and safe than a scooter. Especially because of much increased stability on the crappy roads.

After nearly 70000 km on big bikes and probably something like 10000 on scooters in Phuket, I disagree strongly. Big bikes are more practical and safe than a scooter. Especially because of much increased stability on the crappy roads.

I can't go shopping on my big bike.
I can't ride my kids down to the beach.
I can't ride it as nimble through traffic like I can on a scooter.
Yes stability and fun in the twisties is great on the cb but phuket has very little to offer safely in that regard.

If I lived in chaing mai, I'd have a stable of litre bikes.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
The TT 200 is at the motor show. 169k on road and here in July. The little 180cc twin cam motor really revs and sounds great with a scomadi pipe.
1491282074728.jpg.97052aaf2a1eb79077ef22e6dee7b2af.jpg1491282078412.jpg.828e038a396840036b33ea8e4a3f6c7c.jpg1491282081339.jpg.a243184ed3cdd396bdc6be72a3b787a0.jpg1491282084185.jpg.774d61edee92e31ce05a764bd8353cd9.jpg1491282094631.jpg.c177f605b59d38c6903dcf82d47d0b6b.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Went to the show on Saturday. Vespa didn't have anything new apart from an electric Vespa so i paid deposit for the TT200, delivery late June.

Bought the red/white at 175k but got 10k off as a promotion at the show.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:30 PM, johng said:

Looks good just like a 60s Lambretta...but tooooo expensive...lots of import tax ? ?

Guess you gotta be a lover of the look. Made in Thailand so do not know why the price is so high.

https://www.scooterlab.uk/world-exclusive-scomadi-tt200-pictures-news/

Edited by canthai55

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 2:19 AM, LammyTS1 said:

Just to resurrect the topic.
Has anyone purchased a Scomadi?
I'm looking to buy a scooter and the Scomadi looks the best looking scooter by far.

Yes we have many and vespa too 

Scomadi since 2015 the oldest one vespa 1963 oldest one and the new kind 2010 

And 50 Yamaha and Hondas and I'm Mechanic too and we rent them all out all pcx last ok but wear a lot 

Vespa are strong and doesn't wear to much but are expensive in spare parts but after 5 years Honda and Yamaha starts to cost the same but a lot more work.

Scomadi I don't know more than two years but so far no problem 

As quality goes vespa and scomadi are better build and drive better and brake a lot better than any Yamaha nmax is the best of Yamaha/honda with abs and far better than pcx ,brakes, body ,engine.

Scomadi comes next vespa the best 

We tested braking distance from 60 km/h on all bike's we have but the nmax +the new Yamaha I forgot the name but 155cc too are the fastest standard the vespa fastest tuned polini

second scomadi

Honda and Yamaha gets faster but are very unstable tuned that's why vespa which get stronger tuned is the fastest 

As for pcx I don't drive that if I don't have to fix them but up to everyone 

We drive scomadi and vespa ourselves 

And I think the scomadi looks the best 

And with the 155 cc tuned it's faster than pcx nmax but scomadi have a 200cc new arrival soon I buy it 6-8 month I always like to see them ride for a while but have injection and water cooled 

On 4/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, canthai55 said:

Guess you gotta be a lover of the look. Made in Thailand so do not know why the price is so high.

https://www.scooterlab.uk/world-exclusive-scomadi-tt200-pictures-news/

If it is same like it's sister better build and quality same like vespa 

And as many of our customers i like the look and the drive and the brakes

no matter that scomadi wear out brake pads and disc at the same time but the spare parts are much cheaper than vespa 

20170420_081016.jpg