Scomadi scooters

KhunTao

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a Lam 3 TV with a green book for just over 300k baht the other day.

Didn't sound too bad until I looked at the pic. It was completely disassembled and the body panels were a sea of rust :sad:

I saw a Lam 3 TV with a green book for just over 300k baht the other day.
Didn't sound too bad until I looked at the pic. It was completely disassembled and the body panels were a sea of rust :sad:

Haha yeh I saw that.

At least it's in original condition!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 3/7/2016 at 3:08 PM, JaseTheBass said:

Yamaha do a nice looking Lambrettaish scooter for about 52k. Has a decent engine and won't fall apart in 5 minutes.

No, but being Yamaha, I bet it drinks the fuel. The Fino certainly did.

1 minute ago, JaseTheBass said:

It undoubtedly eats batteries too.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

My Forza certainly did, needed a new one after about 12.000 Ks, cost me 3.800Bt.

I was really angry about that.

45 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

Good for 50k but yeh no book so can't get tax insurance.

I think you can get the third party Govt insurance without a book. But not certain.

I've been looking for a while now. Mostly Thai scooter sites plus Pantip and FB but any sort of reasonably priced Lam 3 or 4 with a book is rarer than rocking horse s h i te.  Oh well one of these days I may get lucky.. Or just give in and buy the 180cc Scomadi

No green book is a no go in Pattaya, getting stopped about 1 time per week here and they check everything; tax sticker & license and even sometimes green book (copy). 

Regarding the Fino's: The old carb model was eating fuel big time but I am sure the newer FI models don't. 

3 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

No green book is a no go in Pattaya, getting stopped about 1 time per week here and they check everything; tax sticker & license and even sometimes green book (copy). 

Regarding the Fino's: The old carb model was eating fuel big time but I am sure the newer FI models don't. 

Yes it's a lot tougher now. Luckily I live out of town and there are plenty of people riding around on all manner of contraptions without a problem. So figure I'd  be okay on the back streets and for trips to local market and 7/11. Wouldn't chance a ride into town. It's too far and too dicey along Sukhumvit for me anyhow.

Haven't looked at these for years. It is a GP 150 . Roughly about 1970. I think if it was Indian the engine would say SX150.

The disk brake is obviously aftermarket and it doesn't have the anti-dive dampers which a TV 175 or a 200 would have.  The airbox/filter has been removed and a hole drilled in the side panel.

Observant people will notice there is no circlip/C-clip on the gear arm/tie rod above the engine ID number. Just a bit of wire!

Ancillotti type seat is nice.

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Haven't looked at these for years. It is a GP 150 . Roughly about 1970. I think if it was Indian the engine would say SX150.

The disk brake is obviously aftermarket and it doesn't have the anti-dive dampers which a TV 175 or a 200 would have.  The airbox/filter has been removed and a hole drilled in the side panel.

Observant people will notice there is no circlip/C-clip on the gear arm/tie rod above the engine ID number. Just a bit of wire!

Ancillotti type seat is nice.

Yes, laughed at the missing washer and c clip. Guessing the hole is to feed an after market carb. Panels look okay but forks look a bit scruffy. Think it's an Indian SIL scoot with the DL 150 designation. Just needs some TLC and could be lovely

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 1:51 PM, LammyTS1 said:

Went to the show on Saturday. Vespa didn't have anything new apart from an electric Vespa so i paid deposit for the TT200, delivery late June.

Bought the red/white at 175k but got 10k off as a promotion at the show.

Great ! Congratulations. Please let us know when you got it. I'm ready to buy but may consider waiting for the Scomadi 400

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF4my4Jr2AOXEJTJjDtPY

That is the Scomadi 400 and will most certainly leave the Vespa 300 behind. Moto Morini 400cc short crankcase automatic scooter engine with at least 32hp. Add a Remus Exhaust to it.... and not to forget the weight - I guess should be around 120kg

Edited by harrysteam

The dealers on Facebook state the Scomadi 200 can do 145kph.

That is quicker than a GTS300.

Are they misquoting speeds? Surely a 180cc 4 stroke cannot do 90mph!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 2:21 PM, johng said:

I had 135kph (speedometer not GPS) from my 147cc 4 valve twin cam aircooled Suzuki Raider ,maybe a proper
(not 180) 200cc could get to 145 ?

papa hit 135 on Raider years back.

Have indicated 150+ on my 2008 ceeber150.

Top-box & gear.

E10 gasohol.

Maybe tail-wind or slight down-cline, not sure.

Things were kinda blurry.

...luv that bike.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2017 at 1:51 PM, LammyTS1 said:

Went to the show on Saturday. Vespa didn't have anything new apart from an electric Vespa so i paid deposit for the TT200, delivery late June.

Bought the red/white at 175k but got 10k off as a promotion at the show.

Have you got your TT200 yet? What's the verdict? Been following this thread with interest, as I'm sure others have. Time for an update, Lammy please