When your applications are intentionally delayed

Hello Thai Visa Family

I want to know ....when you are experiencing intentional delays with your application process ...for any type of visa ..... is there a recourse for you to complain ?

for example ......your application has all the proper documents attached and have been submitted for approval 2 months before the deadline date......but the officer still wants to interview extended family members or asks for additional supporting documents at the last minute........ directing you to another source to correct an issue for an additional cost.......i know complaining is not a wise move ....... i just want to know if you can .... when you have had enough and are willing to take them on?

Hello Thai Visa Family

I want to know ....when you are experiencing intentional delays with your application process ...for any type of visa ..... is there a recourse for you to complain ?

for example ......your application has all the proper documents attached and have been submitted for approval 2 months before the deadline date......but the officer still wants to interview extended family members or asks for additional supporting documents at the last minute........ directing you to another source to correct an issue for an additional cost.......i know complaining is not a wise move ....... i just want to know if you can .... when you have had enough and are willing to take them on?

if you have all the proper documents, how can there be an issue to be corrected?

Exactly my point .......maybe i need to add this the previous years i did use an agent service but this year i had everything necessary to apply on my own & went for it !!

but i can say i was clearly given a run around and requests for additional interviews and documents, by the same person that was reviewing and approving my documents 2 months prior, ......so my question is when this happens & you feel its clearly a tactic to use an agent ....for obvious reasons ....can you fight back? ... my application was accepted ......but it was very very difficult this time around, compared to years prior

Without commenting on the OP's particular circumstances, the heading on the current Police Order states:

ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU
No. 327/2557
Subject: Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien’s Application
for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand
Note the translation uses the word 'consideration' -- even if you properly submit all the documents as requested, Immigration is not then somehow obligated to give you your requested extension, just that you have met their minimum requirements for an extension.
Edited by JLCrab

yes it was an extension along those lines

Why are you being so vague?

Why anyone uses an agent is beyond me. It's very simple, just give immigration what they ask for and you'll get the extension. There is no point 'fighting back' as IO's have orders and will usually follow them to the letter. That principal applies to all Thai bureaucracy.

• Like 1

i'm being vague cuz i don't want to point fingers at a particular bureau or officer in a public forum .....with a complaint that can hurt me ( they might be a member here ) (who knows) sometimes when applying for visas your paperwork may not be complete and using agents can help u bypass some of those obsticles

• Like 1

Never had a problem in 12 years.

Have applied at 3 different offices during that time. Never used an agent.

Never been given the run around.

I think some people make there own problems.

If you tell us the name of the Immigration Office and the nature of the problem you might get some help here.

Edited by Eclipse
  • Like 1

i'm being vague cuz i don't want to point fingers at a particular bureau or officer in a public forum .....with a complaint that can hurt me ( they might be a member here ) (who knows) sometimes when applying for visas your paperwork may not be complete and using agents can help u bypass some of those obsticles

Above previous activities might help to explain the long look now? Perhaps best to let sleeping dogs lie?

i am truly appreciative of all u guys taking the time to respond to me ......i'm not going to take this one any further .....no need to name names or point fingers .....at the end of the day i'm a foreigner here .....and i need to produce whatever is being asked of me. end of story ........i just felt frustrated .....having done just that ....provide the necessary documents ..in a timley fashion... its just that my status had changed ....& it was simpler to use an agent during the transition process....... after i had all my documents i went for the extension without the agent..... my application required much more documentation and interviews than the previous 2 renewals & this was the 3rd renewal of the same type of visa ......i just wanted to know if you can complain about it .......the 3rd time around was so greatly different & more difficult from the 1st two.

• Like 2

its the very reason why people use an agent.

You have a choice between hassle and paying for peace of mind.

Sad but true.

Do it correctly and you do not need an agent.

Many have been doing it themselves for years with no problem.

• Like 2

its the very reason why people use an agent.

You have a choice between hassle and paying for peace of mind.

Sad but true.

& you are 100% right sir ......... its just when i got there ....i can honestly say there was aggression to finding a flaw with my application..... and i didn't like that ....... thx for your time gentlemen ....the solution is clear .......have the right documents & be ready for the added scrutiny ....if you can present your documents & people ....you won't have a problem. respect to everyone

Why anyone uses an agent is beyond me. It's very simple, just give immigration what they ask for and you'll get the extension. There is no point 'fighting back' as IO's have orders and will usually follow them to the letter. That principal applies to all Thai bureaucracy.

Not many people have 400,000 or 800,000 lying around!

Not many people have 400,000 or 800,000 lying around!

Then how can they expect to live here for a year and take care of their families with no money and no income.

Even then they can get 12 month Visas with no money or income if married to a Thai.

i should have started the thread like this : If you are using an agent to help you process a long term visa application? Can you expect added scrutiny, the requirement of additional documents and or interviews never needed previously, & a general aggression to find a fault with your application when you apply for the same visa without an agent? & the answer is yes !!! And you can't complain about it !!! lol thx fam

Edited by bigmacdaddybone

i should have started the thread like this : If you are using an agent to help you process a long term visa application? Can you expect added scrutiny, the requirement of additional documents and or interviews never needed previously, & a general aggression to find a fault with your application when you apply for the same visa without an agent? & the answer is yes !!! And you can't complain about it !!! lol thx fam

You mention the need for "interviews".

What "interviews", how many and who with ?

Do you really think that Immigration Officers really go out of their to be obstructive and unfriendly?

I have never met anything else other than helpful friendly people trying to do their job in a professional manner.

They have to sit there all day dealing with total idiots (not saying that includes you).

Many a time I have been sat there doing my extension while witnessing the officer on the next counter trying to explain to some abusive farang why he does not qualify for something and how to go about it.

They show more patience than I would in the same situation.

Edited by Eclipse
  • Like 2

There are 2 types of agents. (being as vague as possible)...One type does things through the back door, skirting normal requirements in exchange for monetary "consideration". That could be your problem, but of course without details we can only guess.

If you tried this "method", then I can understand why they would want to discourage you if you try to do it yourself. If that is the method you chose, then I would suggest you stick with it.

• Like 1

tropo u hit it on the head ....... i got through everything but like i said earlier it wasn't easy

eclipse.... i have seen the same scenarios & i would be the same as you impatient .....but this time i i had everything imaginable ....& i received the discouragement expressed by tropo.... it was bad ....i agree with you that when you have the right documents there should be no problem .....but when an officer has the "back door agenda" it can still be a hassle

Edited by bigmacdaddybone
  • Like 1

Do you really think that Immigration Officers really go out of their to be obstructive and unfriendly?

I have never met anything else other than helpful friendly people trying to do their job in a professional manner.

Hummm... Eclipse, even if I globally agree with you, you should not make your case a general case. It happens I depend on Pattaya Immigration, and I am lucky to have easy and friendly officers too.

But I have a friend in far Isaan, and the Immigration Superior there clearly makes all he can to block or delay any procedure by farangs! Having to return 1 or 2 times is commun, even for easiest procedures such as 90-Days report! There is a "visa office" next to the Immigration Office, that by chance is managed by a relative of the Immigration Superior rolleyes.gif. For a few thousand baht, your same file will be processed and accepted in a 1 or 2 hours max....

Sometime you don't really have the choice and must use these "agents".

• Like 2

tropo u hit it on the head ....... i got through everything but like i said earlier it wasn't easy

Maybe you should continue going down the illegal route then if you don't like complying with the rules.

This highlights an interesting quandary. The "illegal route" you refer to is actually carried out INSIDE immigration offices and sanctioned by government employees (in uniform). Is it our job to stamp out corruption in the system, or should we leave that task for Thailand to work on?

If an official "illegal route" is on offer, who's the "bad boy" when people take them up on their offer?

It's certainly doesn't seem right for self-righteous (pompous) members to pontificate over these irregularities.

• Like 2