GERMANY BANS SAUSAGES: Pork banned in cafes and schools to 'not offend refugees'

webfact

GERMANY BANS SAUSAGES: Pork banned in cafes and schools to 'not offend refugees'
By REBECCA PERRING

SCHOOLS and canteens in Germany have BANNED pork from their menus over fears of offending Muslim migrants, a top politician has revealed.

BERLIN: -- An increasing number of public canteens, child daycare centres and schools have stopped serving sausages, bacon and ham over religious considerations.

Now members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s CDU party are fighting to keep pork on the menu, insisting the consumption of pork is part of German culture.

Daniel Günther, party representative, claimed that pork products were being taken off the menu in schools, nurseries and canteens across the country.

He said: "The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration.

Full story: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/650246/Germany-bans-pork-cafes-schools-offending-Muslim-migrants

-- SUNDAY EXPRESS 2016-03-07

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goodness. When I lived in Turkey, pork wasn't usually available at cafes, but there were butcher shops that sold pork.

I work with a Muslim guy -- well he is nominally Muslim -- and about his only attention to religion is that he doesn't eat pork, but then again, he doesn't eat any meat that isn't halal.

This is a little like removing meat from the menu because it might offend vegetarians.

If you make any anti Muslim comments on here, you get chastised by the do gooders.

If a product is on sale somewhere, there is no compulsion to buy it. So WHY would it be offensive for anyone to continue to sell or supply something that has been readily available, up to now, for many , many years ?

Edited by thaiduncankk

Why on earth are the Germans allowing their government to get away with this nonsense? I thought it was only us Brits who were daft enough.

Get ready for an avalanche of right-on virtue signallers who fully support this and all other appeasement to the Muslims.

The Daily Express is massively pro-BRexit. They are also running a story that the UK Coastguard is to be taken over by the EU, Take all these stories with a pinch of salt during the run up to the EU in-out vote.

Salt is also available in larger quantities should you wish to read the "Daily Mail".

This is bullshit propaganda. I live in Germany and sausages are banned NOWHERE, not even at schools. Just a headline to get the brown anger growing again.

It is not true that pork is banned.

However It is true that the caterer in kindergarten and schools use a lot less pork now because if pork is on the menu they usually have to provide an alternative for that day without pork.

If a caterer wants to get in business with a school with 40-50% Muslime it is also a selling point if they can state, that no pork at all is on the menu.

Source WAZ and Die Welt.

So there are some changes and not everybody is happy with the new trend.

Achtung! They'll be banning the speaking of 'German' language next!
Seriously? I invite you and your desperate family and friends in to my home, give you shelter and food and a chance at a life.... and now you want to tell me how to run my family!!?

Edited by empireboy

That is the way it begins...seems fairly un-intrusive into people's lives on the surface...but once started...there will be no end to the demands by the refugees until Germany and the rest of Europe is turned into a ME ghetto...

No thank you...would be my response...if you do not like being exposed to "sausages"...turn your head and avert your eyes...or just go back to your Muslim home...

kandi, on 07 Mar 2016 - 05:42, said:kandi, on 07 Mar 2016 - 05:42, said:

This is bullshit propaganda. I live in Germany and sausages are banned NOWHERE, not even at schools. Just a headline to get the brown anger growing again.

Of course it is not banned. That would open a up a whole can of litigation worms.

It is not banned in London either, this is how they banned it without banning it.

A spokesperson for Islington Council stressed the meat was not banned but had not been on catering contracts for primary schools in the borough since 2011.

An Islington Council spokesman told The Independent: "It's not true that pork is banned in our primary schools.

"It is not currently provided in our catering contract, but if any primary school wants to serve pork we will work with them to arrange it."

It added that pork is not available on catering contracts used by some other boroughs in London.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-council-defends-criticism-over-claims-it-banned-pork-from-primary-schools-10041519.html

Get used to it. This is only the start.

Edited by SgtRock

OP originates from the Express, a well known Islamophobic online media outlet from the UK.

Owner Richard Desmond who also owns the Daily Express, and its role in whipping up anti-Muslim prejudice in the UK served to remind me that some biased lobbies are trying in vain to influence the media in Europe.

Nice try...

Market forces at work! Although German Muslims are currently a small minority (about 6%) they are or soon will be disproportionately represented among school age children. If you are responsible for feeding 10's of thousands of children and have to provide regular, halal and vegetarian meals every day, of course you are going to end up feeding everyone halal food. It will just be easier and cheaper.

Pork will not be banned in Germany, but it will become increasingly difficult to find.

Edited by otherstuff1957