Dread Grips Nation as Uranus Enters Astrologically Perilous Position

webfact

Dread Grips Nation as Uranus Enters Astrologically Perilous Position
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14573323391457332364l.jpg
Worshipers pray at Wat Traimit on Sunday.

BANGKOK — Prayers were offered and merit made across the country Sunday in a frantic effort by some to ward off any evil influence a planet 2.5 billion kilometers away may have on the nation.

As Uranus completes its 84-year journey around the sun, the ice giant arrived Sunday to a portion of the sky designated by Thai astrologers as the Aries zodiac - upon which Thailand’s collective fortune, or duang muang, is widely believed to rest upon.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1457332339

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-07

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole universe revolves around Uranus. Keep it out of perilous positions!

"Thai-language media ran apocalyptic analyses by numerous astrologers who said the kingdom is heading toward inevitable doom and chaos because of Uranus."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Edited by jaywalker

" An astrological phenomenon commanding far greater interest than the pending astronomical novelty of Wednesday’s solar eclipse, Uranus is causing widespread anxiety. That’s because the last time Uranus entered Aries 84 years ago marked the revolution that overthrew the absolute monarchy.

According to Thai astrological schools, Uranus is a harbinger of doom; the name of the planet itself is dao maruet ta yoo, or “Star of Death.”

“The shifting of the Star of Death doesn’t happen often,” Phra Phrom Mangalajarn, deputy abbot of Bangkok’s famed Wat Traimit told reporters last week. “The upcoming shift on March 6 will be the first in 84 years from the last time the Star of Death shifted itself in 1932, which was the year of the regime change.”

I would extract the urine, but it appears the writer of the report beat us all to it.

Edited by Bluespunk

Is the thread around their heads connected to a giant tin foil hat?

I was thinking of puppets on a string dancing to the tune of the nonsense that is astrology.

I was thinking "idiots".

Edited by jaywalker

"Thai-language media ran apocalyptic analyses by numerous astrologers who said the kingdom is heading toward inevitable doom and chaos because of Uranus."

Even better, tell them to lay off the som-tam. That's why there'll be chaos with Uranus. I gotta quit!

clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

Buddhist.... i respect.

but i have no idea what thais religion is? its not what buddhas teaching at all, what thias are doing. its more like bramin/voodoo. be carful of the UFO thai temple, its Scientology...for thais.

any temple that encourages you to max your credit card for access to heaven..... of to become beautiful.... is a scam. I can prove it too. thanks to some chinese hackers.