Which documents are required to extend a 30 days visa on arrival?

There is no 30 day Visa on Arrival.

VOA are only available to a few nationalities, cost 1,000 Baht and give a stay of 15 days.

Looks like you have a Visa Exempt Entry

You might have to give proof of where you are staying.

My visa exemption period expires on the 19th of March. If I extend my visa tomorrow the 10th of March, will my visa extension be till the 10th or 19th of April?

Like, do i get the 30 days extension from the day i visit the office or from the day my visa expires?

Edited by Hansen88a

From the day your visa expires (I have done this before)

Some offices only allow you to extend from 7 days before the end of your visa so be aware of that

His permit to stay is extended. He has no visa.

From the day your visa expires (I have done this before)

Some offices only allow you to extend from 7 days before the end of your visa so be aware of that

"From the day your visa expires (I have done this before)"

If he had a visa exempt entry, obviously he doesn't have a visa.

Even if he had used a visa to enter, any extension he was able to get would be from the date his permission to stay expired, not the visa.

You will need:

2 copies of your passport, entry card and visa exempt stamp

1 photo

Completed TM7 form

a letter from the hotel where you are staying or a letter from wherever you are staying with a house book copy. The letter needs to show your name and passport number and the dates of your stay. There is also a form which the hotel or whoever needs to fill in. I believe it is available on Thai Visa.

1900 baht

If you go to immigration without the necessary documents they will tell you exactly what you need and to come back when you have it all.

Have recently done this for a friend at Pattaya immigration.

Edited by mls

There is no 30 day Visa on Arrival.

VOA are only available to a few nationalities, cost 1,000 Baht and give a stay of 15 days.

Looks like you have a Visa Exempt Entry

You might have to give proof of where you are staying.

'Last I heard BKK/Chaeng Wattana did not require it, but some other immigration offices, including Jomtien/Pattaya definitely does require proof of where you're staying for 30d extensions of both Visa Exempt Entries and Tourist Visas. If a regular hotel that turns info on guests into Immigration online like it's supposed to, then all you need is a hotel invoice. If you're staying in an unregistered place, then you need an additional form:

TM 30: "NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED" [sic]

Enjoy.