Ukraine still suffering from Chernobyl fallout

webfact

Ukraine still suffering from Chernobyl fallout

606x341_326687.jpg

According to scientific tests on behalf of Greenpeace, 30 years after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, people are still exposed to high levels radiation and are still eating contaminated food such grain, milk, mushrooms and fish.

High levels of radioactivity have also been measured in the woods of the forest, often used as a fuel in rural private households.

The Chernobyl plant exploded in April 1986, sending a plume of radioactive fallout across large swathes of Europe.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-10

EU has to give Ukrainean governement a couple of billion euros to fight with consequences of the Chernobyl disaster. Not difficult to predict where this money will go.

How much does the Russian government give? It was their initial problem, right? Belarus is also suffering from the Chernobyl problem.

I read a great article about this place once which was full of picture. What a Ghost City that turned into being. Ships, Helicopters, Cars and Trucks, parked in there last locations and left there abandoned. Street, Building, Playgrounds, and even and Amusement Park totally abandoned and void of any people. Radiation still so high in many areas that you can't go there even today and some 20 years later. It may take a few more centuries before that day arrives.

To best describe this article I found it really "Scary". It is one thing to know what a Nuclear Meltdown can do, but it is totally another to actually see it so many years later. My view is that they got extremely lucky in Japan. To restart these Nuclear Plants again is only what a fool would do. Living on a small island like Japan there is not many other places you can go in another disaster.They say it won't happen again but then it wasn't suppose to happen the first time either.

All I can say is "Good Luck" Japan. If you ever get tired of living next to the Atomic Bomb you can always move to Canada. Since you like the Northern Lights and Mountains we can always give you the Province called the Yukon, as there are plenty room and that there. Yukon is probably bigger than all of Japan anyway so lots of room for you and all your relatives. But you better bring all your warm winter clothes with you. That should do you through the summer weather their. We will fit you up with winter clothes later. For sure an abundance of Fresh Air. How do you feel about -60 C?

I read a great article about this place once which was full of picture. What a Ghost City that turned into being. Ships, Helicopters, Cars and Trucks, parked in there last locations and left there abandoned. Street, Building, Playgrounds, and even and Amusement Park totally abandoned and void of any people. Radiation still so high in many areas that you can't go there even today and some 20 years later. It may take a few more centuries before that day arrives.

To best describe this article I found it really "Scary". It is one thing to know what a Nuclear Meltdown can do, but it is totally another to actually see it so many years later. My view is that they got extremely lucky in Japan. To restart these Nuclear Plants again is only what a fool would do. Living on a small island like Japan there is not many other places you can go in another disaster.They say it won't happen again but then it wasn't suppose to happen the first time either.

All I can say is "Good Luck" Japan. If you ever get tired of living next to the Atomic Bomb you can always move to Canada. Since you like the Northern Lights and Mountains we can always give you the Province called the Yukon, as there are plenty room and that there. Yukon is probably bigger than all of Japan anyway so lots of room for you and all your relatives. But you better bring all your warm winter clothes with you. That should do you through the summer weather their. We will fit you up with winter clothes later. For sure an abundance of Fresh Air. How do you feel about -60 C?

15% of Canadian power comes from nuclear

For those interested, fusion may not be that far off . . .

https://www.iter.org

Also note Fukushima has been off the MSN radar of late. It's so radioactive in there, the rads fry the robots . . .

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-disaster-decommissioning-idUSKCN0WB2X5

I wonder what the real effect on Japan, the Pacific and the west coast of the US will really be?