Jail terms for gang of pensioners guilty of England’s largest ever burglary

webfact

Jail terms for gang of pensioners guilty of England’s largest ever burglary
By Seamus Kearney

606x341_326720.jpg

"These were all career, callous criminals who had no thought in relation to the property that they have actually stolen from the victims"

LONDON: -- It was described as the largest ever burglary in English history, masterminded by pensioners.

A gang of men described by the police as elderly career criminals have been jailed for the theft of 18-million euros worth of jewels from a safe deposit business in London last year.

The accused, aged from 49 to 76, have been given sentences of between two and seven years.

Police say the eldest used a senior citizens bus pass to get to the scene of the crime and he was too unwell to be sentenced today.

Detective Chief Inspector Craig Turner, the head of the Metropolitan Police’s ‘Flying Squad’, told reporters: “There might be people out there who have a little bit of sympathy in relation to those at the sentencing today.

“However, these were all career callous criminals who had no thought in relation to the property that they have actually stolen from the victims.”

Much of the loot has still not been recovered and police are also still attempting to find another man thought to have been involved in the burglary.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-11

"police are also still attempting to find another man thought to have been involved in the burglary."

Most likely in Thailand on a Retirement Visa.

Maybe in Thailand. I can assure you Jessi it is not me.

The miserable buggers gave me nothing.

So. They still haven't coughed up what they stole and they got just 2 to 7 years? Why don't they waterboard imprison them until they return what they stole?

I understand that the Proceeds of Crime Act can be used to seize his identified assets, and his sentence may be extended after the original term is served if the missing goods are not recovered.

I am quite sure the poor victims of this 18m Euro theft were already starving to death, not being able to buy anything to eat, shortly before they caught this terrible criminals...

So happy to see that justice has been served and the poor victims are reunited with their life-saving jewelry they're depending on so much.

Certainly after this long time of suffering, the poor victims reunited with their jewelry, will not have enough money left to give to the poor or perhaps to disabled children, what is quite understandable... They'll need all that wealth to feed themselves back to size...

Isn't the world a beautiful and so wonderfully balanced place???

Edited by MockingJay

So. They still haven't coughed up what they stole and they got just 2 to 7 years? Why don't they waterboard imprison them until they return what they stole?

Cui bono? Perhaps there are some items among the stolen jewelry that better not "re-appear" in public... Perhaps some ex-Saudi stash? I bet those guys signed an agreement after handing it all in, promising them a super low sentence if they play along, showing what can be shown to public, and the rest handed in silently behind the curtain... I'm quite sure that they'll be released after a few months on probation.

Steal a cow and they'll hang you! Steal a herd and they'll negotiate with you...

Edited by MockingJay

Personally, I think these men are a shining example of senior citizens having active hobbies and not just sitting around waiting to die. cheesy.gif

Not to forget, while in prison they will get full health and dental care.

And yearly pension rises.

Unlike British expats.

Wonder if they still get their heating allowance?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Lets see if I got this right. You are not really stealing from anyone as jewelry is always insured. There is 18 Million Euro stolen split 6 ways, so 3 Million Euro each. Prison Time runs 2 year to 7 years so on average 4.5 years. You get one-thirds off your prison sentence for good behavior, so actually 3 years in prison. So 3 years in prison for 3 Million Euro equals 1 Million Euro a year (Tax Free).

Now compared to Government Pension of say 1,000 Euro a month after taxes,so that is 12,000 Euro a year. You have to pay rent and food for a year which you don't have to in prison, so you end up with half, or 6,000 Euro a year. So that is 6,000 Euro a year compared to having 1 Million Euro a year for going to prison. if you ever get caught, like one guy didn't yet.

Yep! At those difference in wages, it is worth taking a change, and if caught it would be worth the prison life for me to, for 3 years.

Lets see if I got this right. You are not really stealing from anyone as jewelry is always insured. There is 18 Million Euro stolen split 6 ways, so 3 Million Euro each. Prison Time runs 2 year to 7 years so on average 4.5 years. You get one-thirds off your prison sentence for good behavior, so actually 3 years in prison. So 3 years in prison for 3 Million Euro equals 1 Million Euro a year (Tax Free).

Now compared to Government Pension of say 1,000 Euro a month after taxes,so that is 12,000 Euro a year. You have to pay rent and food for a year which you don't have to in prison, so you end up with half, or 6,000 Euro a year. So that is 6,000 Euro a year compared to having 1 Million Euro a year for going to prison. if you ever get caught, like one guy didn't yet.

Yep! At those difference in wages, it is worth taking a change, and if caught it would be worth the prison life for me to, for 3 years.

First time ever that I am in total agreement with you! thumbsup.gif

Edited by MockingJay

Nothing worse than a liar or a thief. I can understand a stupid kid but these guys should know better. They should have got 10 years each so most would never get back to the street. Scum !

You need your moral code recalibrating ;)

There are many many people (monsters) whose actions make liars and thieves seem like Gods chosen ones.

I understand that the Proceeds of Crime Act can be used to seize his identified assets, and his sentence may be extended after the original term is served if the missing goods are not recovered.

They all probably live in council houses and use public transport or at the most have old "bangers". They'll be famous in the slammer, and everyone who comes in contact with them in the future will hold them in awe!!

I don't think the money was such a big thing to these guys!! Besides, did any of the victims cry "poor"?? smile.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifwai.gif