Horrified Japan Apologizes for ‘Deplorable’ Thai Skinny Dipping Incident

rooster59

Horrified Japan Apologizes for ‘Deplorable’ Thai Skinny Dipping Incident

By Simon Duncan
Assistant Editor

post-247607-0-51613200-1457743210_thumb.

‘At the high class resort of Hua Hin, Thailand, a group of Japanese men got totally naked,’ reads the graphic in a still image from a Wednesday report on Japan’s NNN news channel.

HUA HIN — When photos of naked Japanese men frolicking in the surf in Hua Hin ended up on Twitter last Saturday, they briefly went viral before being shrugged off as harmless, drunken tomfoolery.

But this being the internet, the story didn’t end there. What made some headlines and raised some eyebrows domestically has gone on to brew up a storm of controversy in Northeast Asia, prompting the men’s Japanese employer to deeply apologize for hurting the honor and feelings of Thailand.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1457695852

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-12

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bit over the top, but then again, we are talking about super overly sensitive Japanese. And you thought Thais are sensitive!coffee1.gif

At leas the Japanese screwed up, took responsibility and apologised. Could you even imagine Thailand doing that??? So my hat goes off to Japan for actually living up to the norm of their culture.

I've got a good sense of humour, but SoiBiker is right IMO

If not racist, that comment was at the very least a crude derogatory stereotype..

Sorry I must be slow this morning - please explain the problem

Go away and watch the South Park episode titled "Chinpokomon"

Come back and report once educated

And IF it was a load of Chinese men who went for a nude swim, then what ??

There would be a whole load of people going on and on with comments like "quality tourists" in sarcasm !! :)

nope. it would have been a story about a mass drowning.....

Seriously, who cares.

It doesn't take much to excite the regulars here at TV. Two pages of responses so far.

Apparently apologizing for something, whether absolutely necessary or not, is an alien concept to many.

From a practical point of view, the Japanese employer may have caught some flack from his Japanese customers/clients and felt some preemptive action on his part might mitigate the damage.

Did "horrified" thailand apologise for the police guy smuggling his gun that was seemed to be owned by everybody apart from him, into Japan coffee1.gif

"Horrified" Thailand didn't complain about the skinny dipping. The Japanese company they work for chose to apologise after so many derogatory comments on the internet; mostly, it seems, from other Japanese.

I didn't know Thailand was a Muslim Country ?

I have been to Japan many times

Japanese don't have an issue with nudity

Thailand grow up!this is the 21st century

Japan should not Apologize for a non issue