rooster59

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@stickylies...

As you have never had children then your comments are totally invalid...If you want to remain in your world that is for you, but many of us have brought up children and protected them UNTIL they become teens or even adults.

My two sisters, age 43 and 39, both mothers of young children, the oldest 12 the youngest less than a year, dont mind nudity either. I guess we have had different mother milk than you... ?

Many of above mentioned answers show, that most people are judging with western ideas in mind. A lot of persons leave their "normal" (what is normal) behaviour in their home country and leave their brains at the airport, as soon as they are on holiday. Remember: you are a guest in this country and an ambassador of your home country. So if you are in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Skinny dipping: do what you please, but do not provoke other people. Adapt a little bit, but for most people that is too much asked.

For average Thai places like Soi Cowboy, Pattaya, Nana Plaza do not represent the real Thailand. But persons hanging around in beer bars and go-go clubs will never understand that.

Do as the Romans do? Hmm if I did that I'm fairly sure I'd be deported. Some of the local roman behaviour is somewhat out there.

Pathetic. The vaguest suggestion of buttocks in a midnight sky. Skinny dippy can only be considered as such when undertaken in daylight hours, preferably on a crowded beach, always in the presence of women and children ( elderly and religious figures a bonus), with media files. Fail.

Had it been a drunk (white skinned) Englishman , Mr. Racist would likely purse his lips, and point a crooked finger at how the fool sullies the entire demographic. But that wouldn't be racist, because the subject was white. whistling.gif

Japanese are a (mostly) homogeneous people with lingering ideas about their superiority among their dark skinned Asian neighbors. I'm not that surprised an apology was issued for an act that, in their eyes, associates them with the less refined.

When Thais loose face, they tend to smile it away. Apologize? Not likely. Just smear on some more whitening-cream, ignore, and move on.

"When Thais loose face, they tend to smile it away." I think that is quite an underestimation of what can happen when a Thai loses face, and there are probably a few doctors and morticians that could bear witness to the results!

Had it been a drunk (white skinned) Englishman , Mr. Racist would likely purse his lips, and point a crooked finger at how the fool sullies the entire demographic. But that wouldn't be racist, because the subject was white. whistling.gif

Japanese are a (mostly) homogeneous people with lingering ideas about their superiority among their dark skinned Asian neighbors. I'm not that surprised an apology was issued for an act that, in their eyes, associates them with the less refined.

When Thais loose face, they tend to smile it away. Apologize? Not likely. Just smear on some more whitening-cream, ignore, and move on.

"When Thais loose face, they tend to smile it away." I think that is quite an underestimation of what can happen when a Thai loses face, and there are probably a few doctors and morticians that could bear witness to the results!

Smiling away is a fairly well known Thai reaction.

Emotional violence - one step beyond the smile - isn't all that Thai specific.

<deleted>!.... You used to be able to buy used female underwear from Japanese vending machine, or so I have been told.

Harmless fun in the dark, so they were being as inconspicuous as possible, but what about the women getting naked to sunbath...., not that I would want that practise to stop...., just pointing out the hypocrisy in this country.

Did the Chinese women (or a proxy) who threw her boiled noodles at the air hostess, last year, issue an apology? (That was a worse offence, IMO)

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

toho, on 12 Mar 2016 - 13:57, said:

Many of above mentioned answers show, that most people are judging with western ideas in mind. A lot of persons leave their "normal" (what is normal) behaviour in their home country and leave their brains at the airport, as soon as they are on holiday. Remember: you are a guest in this country and an ambassador of your home country. So if you are in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Skinny dipping: do what you please, but do not provoke other people. Adapt a little bit, but for most people that is too much asked.

For average Thai places like Soi Cowboy, Pattaya, Nana Plaza do not represent the real Thailand. But persons hanging around in beer bars and go-go clubs will never understand that.

My my, I do declare, you are a real newbie and not a recycled member. No worries, won't be long before you yourself will adapt.

Who gives a <deleted>? Dudes acting crazy in the 21st century!

Country's honor my behind!

This is so no- news!

I couldn't agree more - a loada boll-ocks excusing the pun !!!!!!

Edited by ScotBkk

jup, no young kids nor old kids... i don't wanna contribute to our pathetic kind. the sooner humanity extincts the better.

There you go, that's why you can't see past your own nose......rolleyes.gif

correction: that's why i'm objective.

naked circle might be odd around here but offensive or shocking, gimme a break...

Correction, your opinion, which is what you're banging on about, is subjective, not objective.

Bloody hell, the clowns who can't read or can't interpret a report are out in force on this one.

This is not about Thailand being horrified or demanding an apology, it's about Japan being diplomatic and offering one. All those idiots banging on about Thailand's dress culture of a hundred years ago , entertainment areas and some other Einstein linking to pictures of statues need to pull their necks in and re-read the article before you make yourselves look any dafter.

This is 'news' for the sole reason that NNN, just like CNN, BBC, AJ, Fox et al, have a 24 hour 'news' cycle they need to fill. Unfortunately there isn't enough real news to fill 24 hours, hence we have collectively been dumbed down to this constant drip feed of 'entertainment news' simply to fill their screens 24x7

There was a time, in a galaxy far far away. when we read our morning newspaper, then watched the evening news on TV, and curiously it would never have featured skinny dipping Japanese men as part of the daily 'news'....funny that!

What a load of pointless,stupid,holier than thou rubbish! Where in a country that has the table tennis ball and live gold fish being exited from a young ladies nether regions into plastic buckets some 10 feet away.These double standards are ridiculous.I would say to these horrified,citizens lighten up and go visit a happy ending massage parlour you are obviously in end of some release.Or is it a case of 'Shit! even the Japanese are bigger than us,' dont look lek!!'

Bloody hell, the clowns who can't read or can't interpret a report are out in force on this one.

This is not about Thailand being horrified or demanding an apology, it's about Japan being diplomatic and offering one. All those idiots banging on about Thailand's dress culture of a hundred years ago , entertainment areas and some other Einstein linking to pictures of statues need to pull their necks in and re-read the article before you make yourselves look any dafter.

An apology can''t happen til someone is offended. Why did the Thai press think it was news worthy?

Edited by Rob13