Bangkok taxi driver filmed threatening female passenger with metal bar

webfact

Bangkok taxi driver filmed threatening female passenger with metal bar

Thaivisa Reporters

bkk.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Social media was abuzz after a Bangkok woman said she was threatened in the street by a taxi driver with a piece of metal he pulled from the boot of his car.

Facebook poster "seedwow sabza" posted a clip of the altercation online and police and land department officials are now on the heels of the driver.

The incident happened after the Facebook user called a taxi on Saturday to take her from a school in Makasan to On Nut soi 46.

She said that the driver refused to take her to her final destination when they were in the On Nut area because of traffic and said he would take them to Seacon Square where they could get another taxi. The passenger asked to be let out but after paying and barely getting out the door the taxi driver left the vehicle, took out a metal weapon from the boot and threatened to get her.

Fortunately, according to the claim of the FB user, there was another passenger waiting to enter the taxi so the driver gave up threatening to "get her later" and subsequently drove off.

A report was filed with investigating officer Uthit Janthasri of the Prawet police and the Department of Land Transport who are attempting to track down the taxi driver to investigate the claims on social media.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-14

Long past time those in authority did something about scum like him who claim to be taxi drivers.

Every day you read about Bangkok taxi drivers refusing fares/ getting violent.

It is a national disgrace and time for the talking to stop.

1 incident 1 driver banned for life that is what should happen.Not this stupid fine of 500 baht and be a good boy in future.

Oh yes, the horrible action of slamming the door is what did it. Its worth taking a life for that!

Than they should buy electric doors like taxi's in Japan have. I was amazed to see them closing automatic and thought the passenger was angry so he left the door open....Guess i stay in thailand too long.

looked like he just got out of the taxi and opened the boot(trunk) and then closed it and went back inside the cab.what`s all the fuss about unsure.png

I'd say because it looks like he stopped and was getting out of his car to get something out in reaction to what the girl said to him or because of the door slam.

I don't think it was a bunch of roses.

Also she was filming before he stopped to let her out, why did she start filming him before this whole incident escalated?

please realize most of these dudes are straight off the farm, not professional drivers. another good reason to use uber where drivers are vetted.

would you hitch hike through a third world country?

looked like he just got out of the taxi and opened the boot(trunk) and then closed it and went back inside the cab.what`s all the fuss about unsure.png

I'd say because it looks like he stopped and was getting out of his car to get something out in reaction to what the girl said to him or because of the door slam.

Also she was filming before he stopped to let her out, why did she start filming him before this whole incident escalated?

Taxi drivers are afraid of their actions being filmed. Even if they are not doing anything more than driving the same way they always do. So imagine how angry at her filming him throwing her out because he didn't like waiting in traffic.

I had on several occasions filmed a taxi driver quoting me more than a fare or worse. After he said it the first time I used my phone and clarified it so I would have it on vdo for sure. Perhaps that is what she did.

Taxi drivers are afraid of their actions being filmed. Even if they are not doing anything more than driving the same way they always do. So imagine how angry at her filming him throwing her out because he didn't like waiting in traffic.

I had on several occasions filmed a taxi driver quoting me more than a fare or worse. After he said it the first time I used my phone and clarified it so I would have it on vdo for sure. Perhaps that is what she did.

That would be my guess.

He may have said or done something to set her on edge ealier.

Or she was just annoyed he wanted her to get out before the agreed destination, filmed him in order to show her friends what happened.

Her little show of yelling at him and slamming the door after she got out looks less than spontaneous.

I doubt she anticipated his over reaction mind.

Edited by Bluespunk

A report was filed with investigating officer Uthit Janthasri of the Prawet police and the Department of Land Transport who are attempting to track down the taxi driver to investigate the claims on social media.

Shouldn't be difficult to find him.

They know the taxi company and the registration number is clearly visible. They should be able to find him in very short time.

Shouldn't be difficult to find him.

They know the taxi company and the registration number is clearly visible. They should be able to find him in very short time.

True enough ... always assuming that, after talking to him, they want to "find" him. It could be one of those Thai investigations that are ongoing for years, or until everyone gives up.

please realize most of these dudes are straight off the farm, not professional drivers. another good reason to use uber where drivers are vetted.

"uber .... drivers are vetted." cheesy.gif

Long past time those in authority did something about scum like him who claim to be taxi drivers.

Every day you read about Bangkok taxi drivers refusing fares/ getting violent.

It is a national disgrace and time for the talking to stop.

1 incident 1 driver banned for life that is what should happen.Not this stupid fine of 500 baht and be a good boy in future.

I agree and if a country had/has rule of law consequences would follow, but this is "Free Land" aka Thailand.... anything goes as long as money is gotten.

I aliasy use Uber since a year and NEVER had any bad experience. I boycott normal taxis because of their behavior, and refusing passengers, or basically creating their own jungle law in Bangkok.

Thais can stand up if they like and give thanks to Farangs for producing the advanced technologies used on social media to improve their lives and ensure that <deleted> like this don't get away with this type of behaviour among other things.

where is the metal bar, i'm a bit blind...

I didn't see it either. It looks like he might have been worried she would damage his vehicle so just got out the car and went round the back.

It looks like she is trying to make a situation look worse than it is. It doesn't look like he threatened her at all, but just in her mind.

And I don't think she paid him correctly either.

I aliasy use Uber since a year and NEVER had any bad experience. I boycott normal taxis because of their behavior, and refusing passengers, or basically creating their own jungle law in Bangkok.

Before that, did you complain about taxi drivers who wouldn't use their meter?

Take his taxi licence away for life, ban him from driving for one year, fine him 20,000 baht and the company as well. Then taxi drivers might just realise that being rude to a passenger without reason is NOT a good game any more .

Of course I am no apologist for violent behaviour if it was such, but just saying that there is an element of passengers in taxis that I have observed over the years (fellow passengers, girlfriends and business colleagues) that makes me think I would be driven insane if I had to drive taxis for a living.

I don't think Thailand is any worse than elsewhere, or women any worse than men (how about that for political correctness on ThiaV?! Sure - girlfriends have been the worst (non-stop yak yak as they say), but in fairness I haven't had many boyfriendswink.png )