No Links Sometimes to answer Posters Quotes.

NoshowJones

I have already put this up recently, just what is going on?

I do my best to answer when I get a quote about any post I make

and it is very frustrating when I cannot do this.

This only happens sometimes, so just why can't there always be

a link for me to answer a quote from someone?

Are you saying you don't always see these buttons in a post (topics cannot be quoted).

attachicon.gifquote buttons.jpg

No Joe, when I get an email from my notifier that someone has quoted my posts or given me a "like", there

is no link to click on. Most of the time it is OK, but too many times it is not. It has happened again twice this morning.

Are you saying you don't always see these buttons in a post (topics cannot be quoted).

No Joe, when I get an email from my notifier that someone has quoted my posts or given me a "like", there

is no link to click on. Most of the time it is OK, but too many times it is not. It has happened again twice this morning.

Seems odd they some would not have a link.

The only emails I get are for messages. Went back through all of them (over 30 of them) that were still in the trash folder (deleted from inbox) for the last few days and all of them had links.

I wonder if there is a possibility that your email server is blocking them.

The only emails I get are for messages. Went back through all of them (over 30 of them) that were still in the trash folder (deleted from inbox) for the last few days and all of them had links.

I used to have this problem occasionally years ago. I put it down to the quoted text (i.e. my post) having a smiley in it. The quote often stopped at the smiley, and there was nothing else afterwards in the email - i.e. no link.

I stopped notification emails about a year ago and now rely on the notifications icon at the top of the screen so cannot confirm this is still happening - but you guys could do some tests "liking" posts containing smileys...

That is the case Joe. as I say most times it is OK but just about every day it happens. Your last sentence could be the case, but why should they do that?

If I went to the deleted or trash folder, the quotes or "likes" that had links before would still have them.

I have an email notifier which tells me when every email comes in, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

That is the case Joe. as I say most times it is OK but just about every day it happens. Your last sentence could be the case, but why should they do that?

If I went to the deleted or trash folder, the quotes or "likes" that had links before would still have them.

I have an email notifier which tells me when every email comes in, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

I went to the trash folder because I delete them as soon as I see them.

I use the Yahoo mail website to get my mail, The few I have checked on my tablet with the Yahoo mail app all had links if I recall correctly. So perhaps it is a problem with the notifier.