Filipino getting Double Entry visa Laos or Cambodia possible?

Two entry tourist visa are not available now anywhere. Only single entry visa are available. Changed when the METV became available in November of last year and it can only be obtained in your home country in most cases.

Two entry tourist visa are not available now anywhere. Only single entry visa are available. Changed when the METV became available in November of last year and it can only be obtained in your home country in most cases.

is the METV = Multi Entry Tourist Visa?

Is like the old double entry tv's that people were getting from cambodia and loas before? Where they stayed 60 days then could go to local immigration and extend for 30 days then cross the broader for another 60 days then extend for 30 more days?

Or are they for one year???

How many days is the single entry visa good for?

Thanks for your help

Edited by zeekgarcia

No!

Single entry TV's only are now issued.

A Multi entry TV is available if applied for at the Philippine Thai Embassy.

Also how many single entries in a year can a person get?

Also how many single entries in a year can a person get?

There is no specified limit. Most likely, each consulate will have its own limits (some based on the number previously applied for at that location, some the number in total). Vientiane/Savannakhet and Penang are thought to be good for three each, but this is subject to change. We will find out.

strangely though i had never been to cambodia seeking a visa for my philipina girlfriend but she was denied while i also triedand eventually got her one in penang though i think i might have paid extra,,but i certainly would not go back there looking for another one,but if agreed with n general that after knocking on the same door places like even savannaket have said no ,,thus i headed and have had sucess at savannaket

Is like the old double entry tv's that people were getting from cambodia and loas before? Where they stayed 60 days then could go to local immigration and extend for 30 days then cross the broader for another 60 days then extend for 30 more days?

Thanks for your help

A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Not the same as a 2 or 3 entry visa other than that you can still get another entry just before it expires and get a new 60 day entry and you can extend each entry for 30 days at immigration.

No!

Single entry TV's only are now issued.

A Multi entry TV is available if applied for at the Philippine Thai Embassy.

by the way my filipina gfriend could not even get a single entry in cambodia,,so dont try cambodia even for a single,,best place ive found is savannaket

how much in Thai Baht are these single entry visas?

Also how much to extend one for 30 days at the local immigration office within Thailand?

Edited by zeekgarcia

how much in Thai Baht are these single entry visas?

Also how much to extend one for 30 days at the local immigration office within Thailand

The SETV is nominally 1,000 baht. However, everywhere but Vientiane/Savannakhet charges in their local currency at a higher rate. Overall, though, the cost of the visa itself is not an issue. It is trave+hotel+other-country-visas that makes up the bulk of the cost of a visa run.

The 30-day extension costs 1,900 baht.

paperwork for even me seemed very complex ubon so i just opted for a setv in melbourne,,now obtaining a metv for a phillipine gfriend could be next to impossible

Thanks for your help

A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Not the same as a 2 or 3 entry visa other than that you can still get another entry just before it expires and get a new 60 day entry and you can extend each entry for 30 days at immigration.

Any idea of what paperwork is needed for a Filipino to apply for a METV at the Thai Embassy in the Philippines?

And sorry but does METV spell out to be Multi Entry Tourist Visa?

The general visa application from the Thai Embassy in the Philippines is here http://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/images/stories/file/visa-application-form.pdf

What should they put to request the METV as to not get just a 30 or 60 day tourist visa?

Also ubonjoe if you have a METV does that mean that you can stay 60 days and extend for 30 days then cross the boarder & come back in for another 60 days & extend for another 30 days?

Thanks

I cannot find any info on the Manila embassy website about the the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa. In fact there in no info about getting any visa.

I suggest you contact them about their requirements. http://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/en/home/royal-thai-embassy-manila/contact

They probably have not updated their visa application form in years.