How long could survive on three million baht?

baneko

Survive??? Unrealistic if that's all you have.. Unless you're about to die of old age, or a have a terminal illness..

Nobody is talking about wanting ONLY to "survive". But that was the question. But then again, maybe the OP didn't mean that literally.

In my earlier post where I described my survival rate of B15,000 per month, I also indicated I could have everything I wanted but that is MORE than just survival. If I take the word literally, I could live on B6,000 per month.

Just the amount Alone, as if he lost his job, and not receiving any income other than just having 3 mil baht period..

I read about a guy bragging (not you) - about living off of 150000 baht - living with his Thai girlfriend.

He broke down his monthly expenses.. Sure, you can live an OK life off of that amount.

That's not a life for many to deal with, unless you really don't like to go out, or you are a Cheap Charlie, as discussed recently if such a person exist in Thailand..

Anyway..

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Survive??? Unrealistic if that's all you have.. Unless you're about to die of old age, or a have a terminal illness..

Nobody is talking about wanting ONLY to "survive". But that was the question. But then again, maybe the OP didn't mean that literally.

In my earlier post where I described my survival rate of B15,000 per month, I also indicated I could have everything I wanted but that is MORE than just survival. If I take the word literally, I could live on B6,000 per month.

The OP also said "If you lost your job tomorrow"....

So suddenly one loses their job all current outgoings do not simply vanish as well.

Life is not a switch that can be simply turned on or off.

if You alone its very easy can on-off

need just have a little be power..

So its funny topic.

ofcouse can survive on 3 million bath..

if survive its mean minimum body needs for still a life.. water and some calories

some dry place to sleep..

but if talking for some personal needs to maintain a good mood its can be different cost , not any limit..

some near full at 16k bath. some cant 1 million

So suddenly one loses their job all current outgoings do not simply vanish as well.

So its funny topic.

if survive its mean minimum body needs for still a life.. water and some calories

but if talking for some personal needs to maintain a good mood its can be different cost , not any limit..

Can on-off ?

How do I "off" my car repayments/house repayments/dogs/wife etc etc ?

So its funny topic.

Can on-off ?

Figure it out, TiT gigglem.gif

So its funny topic.

Can on-off ?

There is nothing to figure out.

People that think one can simply downsize overnight from an employed lifestyle with commitments to a life of surviving on peanuts are delusional.

So its funny topic.

Can on-off ?

People that think one can simply downsize overnight from an employed lifestyle with commitments to a life of surviving on peanuts are delusional.

Only if you think `downsizing`means dropping all relative outgoings at an instant, amounting to zero smile.png

I guess you haven't experienced a sudden hit on your/companies/relatives/<enter sudden loss of cash income here>, and you think that you can't affect the money flow rapidly. And I think that's fine - but stating delusionalism -though it seems you don't understand a lot of concepts of current global markets, and how little reaction time is required - same principles revolve around with consumer spending. Turning into a `cheap charlie` in an instant is just as possible as turning into a lottery winner blowing of cash like it's them peanuts. Budgeting usually is the key - if not for restricting your money flow, but to observe it. Simple equations are usually much more effective than condemning and condescending attitudes..

Can on-off ?

Only if you think `downsizing`means dropping all relative outgoings at an instant, amounting to zero smile.png

I guess you haven't experienced a sudden hit on your/companies/relatives/<enter sudden loss of cash income here>, and you think that you can't affect the money flow rapidly. And I think that's fine - but stating delusionalism -though it seems you don't understand a lot of concepts of current global markets, and how little reaction time is required - same principles revolve around with consumer spending. Turning into a `cheap charlie` in an instant is just as possible as turning into a lottery winner blowing of cash like it's them peanuts. Budgeting usually is the key - if not for restricting your money flow, but to observe it. Simple equations are usually much more effective than condemning and condescending attitudes..

Yeah when the sheet hits the fan you fall back onto your savings.... wow no brainer right there but that is not what arkando is saying with the on-off delusion. .

3 millon baht gives me a 12 month window to either find another job or get my affairs in order (liquidate my belongings) and move home..... selling everything and moving into a fan room to "survive" for the next 5/10/20 years would be a fate worse than death.

Oh, ChrisKC you are such a stickler for details! OK, I'll back out the yearly trip to the USA and other travel expenses to neighboring countries as well as some financial assistance that I give to my son in the USA as well as charitable donations to the Fr Ray Foundation in Pattaya. Now with those items backed out my monthly expenses are a much more reasonable $2600/B91,000 per month. I hope you will approve of this and not again accuse me of "bragging" about my wealth! PS: You really should not take these questions and answers here on TV so seriously. Post again if you require more details about my financial situation.

figure 35k baht or $1k usd is what you need to live comfortably anywhere in thailand for a single with no health issues.

no need to debate specifics unless you enjoy doing that.

anything over that amount and its just luxuries or vices that are not under the persons control.

answer = 7 years

at my current rate of spending it would give me 12 months or 1.00 years.

You have the wrong thread.

Look for 'What are the biggest lies foreigners tell in Thailand ?'

Maybe not. He could've meant in dog years.

To simply sit back and survive: 30k a month is doable (even with the higher cost of living now) if you don't need ladies bouncing on your knee every other night, or to eat at flash restaurants, three cars etc. But to languish is asking for a trip back home.

How long to survive? Its a very relative question, you can spend it all in a day for nothing or make a proper life, living in freedom until the last day has to come...

If I'm single I would buy a cheap condo around 1m to stay for free in phuket to live the tropical life quiet, then make a new web business from an other million, and keep the remaining 1m in various currencies and goldbars and do my best the business will going well wai2.gif

Would not go much bars and restaurants, just learn to be a good chef on my own, buy cheaper from local markets and get a scooter for hassle free travel...

PS: can't give idea how to make money online but sounds safe if you good at entrepreneurship whistling.gif

To make it work, out of all the drivel (look how much I make/have etc etc saai.gif), this is probably the best response for the op. A practical answer which could negate the need to go home to work. Buying digs gives one cheaper living and you have that asset as fallback. Invest time in yourself with a website or app, as suggested; there are lots of ways to monetize. Building a site yourself is easy nowadays and there are many free app engines out there. Millions are doing it now and it's tougher to make money but there are niche areas. Risky going the investment route unless you know what you're doing like Naam methinks. There's always teaching, but that time could be better spent elsewhere.

Well, I let me humbly clarify myself.

You see, I find it slightly amusing to read when someone says "I could not survive on less that 60k a month" or whatever.

I had a pleasure of spending my best teenage years in civil war Yugoslavia and managed to live on $100 US a month.

And how do people do that? You learn to game the system.

You see, I find it slightly amusing to read when someone says "I could not survive on less that 60k a month" or whatever.

I had a pleasure of spending my best teenage years in civil war Yugoslavia and managed to live on $100 US a month.

Good for you, your proper hard.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I am nothing special. This is what I am trying to explain.

The circumstances will make you adopt. You can survive on much less than you are used to. It's life.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I am nothing special. This is what I am trying to explain.

The circumstances will make you adopt. You can survive on much less than you are used to. It's life.

You survived a war in a 3rd world country. I agree, you are nothing special but yet you keep on bringing the fact up though so I somehow feel you yourself do think you are special.

You survived a war in a 3rd world country. I agree, you are nothing special but yet you keep on bringing the fact up though so I somehow feel you yourself do think you are special.

You can be nothing special too. It takes even less money to survive in a 4th world country like Thailand.

You can be nothing special too. It takes even less money to survive in a 4th world country like Thailand.

"surviving" in Thailand is not on my to do list.

It seems to be on not only yours but many others and I say good luck with that but for me, I'll be long back home living the comfortable life I left there before coming here to work before i need to "survive" here.

Edited by Don Mega

It seems to be on not only yours but many others and I say good luck with that but for me, I'll be long back home living the comfortable life I left there before coming here to work before i need to "survive" here.

I posted on topic, but you seem to be trolling.

The topic is "surviving". If it's not on your precious "list" then why bother posting?

Nothing is on my "list", I am replying to a on topic post.

BTW, congratulations on moving to Thailand... a 4th world place where you are fortunately not just "surviving".

Again, what are you taking about?

I posted on topic, but you seem to be trolling.

The topic is "surviving". If it's not on your precious "list" then why bother posting?

Nothing is on my "list", I am replying to a on topic post.

BTW, congratulations on moving to Thailand... a 4th world place where you are fortunately not just "surviving".

Again, what are you taking about?

The topic is as per the OP not the thread title and I have already answered the OP in detail.

Most (like yourself) are replying to the thread title and not the content of the OP.

Edited by Don Mega

So its funny topic.

Can on-off ?

if You alone its very easy can on-off ©

ITS mean No wife, No dog etc!!

"off" my car repayments/house

sell car..

sell home..

leave home leave car.

give back to bank( if its loan so it not your car/homewhistling.gif )

If you lose your job tomorrow and not be able to survive (jump to window?), it does not mean that another people same weaknesses as you are. and it can survive.

whistling.gif

Its just IMHO..

For some can be comfort life in the woods in a tent.

For some survive if not have personal castle on a hill in a HIS forest..

biggrin.png .

IMHO

Even can not imagine what an enormous amount of money I need to live comfortably in Thailand.

Edited by ardokano

If you lose your job tomorrow and not be able to survive (jump to window?), it does not mean that another people same weaknesses as you are. and it can survive.

whistling.gif

He said he could last here for 12 months on 3m Baht, which I presume means without altering (much) of his lifestyle or doing a swan dive off a high floor balcony.