Mass killer Breivik appears in court in human rights case against Norway

webfact

Mass killer Breivik appears in court in human rights case against Norway

606x341_327267.jpg

OSLO: -- Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has appeared in public for the first time since being sentenced for killing 77 people five years ago.

He gave a Nazi salute as he kicked off his legal action against Norway arguing that being kept in isolation amounts to inhuman and degrading treatment under the European Convention on Human Rights.

The state lawyer said he remained a very dangerous man.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-16

What a joke.

This guy deserves to be locked up in a 6*4 room, waiting for his death......

Instead he has a 5 star very well guarded apartment over two floors to him self.

access to library and a computer (no internet) been allowed to follow study plan from the Oslo University to graduate.

In fact he is treated better than many of norway's old people put in nursing homes.

hope the case get thrown out really quickly

being kept in isolation amounts to inhuman and degrading treatment under the European Convention on Human Rights.

Human Rights are for human beings, not for creatures who voluntarily have given up their humanity. By giving this creature any higher status than that of a parasite or virus, Norway is insulting all true humans.

being kept in isolation amounts to inhuman and degrading treatment under the European Convention on Human Rights.

Human Rights are for human beings, not for creatures who voluntarily have given up their humanity. By giving this creature any higher status than that of a parasite or virus, Norway is insulting all true humans.
Both quotes are correct. He should have been executed without delay or opportunity for appeal. Why does society waste resources on incorrigible psychopaths?

As much as it sickens me about this vermine posing as a human, it sickens me even more if people in jail wouldn't be able to improve themselves to become more enlightened and intellectual.

They are serving jail term as a punishment and time to reflect on their actions in the past to become better citizens.

In a democratic society, there are no bending the rules because of our disgust and our views of what being a "true" human means.

There's only one definition of being a human, even if the person in question has broken all humanitarian rules.

Norway is only abiding the humanitarian rights as stated in the UN HR, quote from wikipedia and the first sentence of HR:

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.

This might upset people without any knowledge how democracy and humanity is stated in international documents, but it really doesn't matter what we think because it's a protection for ourselves against our own governments and organisations around the world.

In a perfect world with perfect people, we wouldn't need such documents, but that failure of a human being, I refuse to refer to him by his name so he can be forgotten, because his aim is to be famous and draw attention to himself, still has rights even if he violated others.

There's no room to single out specific individuals as this would affect future criminals, political prisoners, other dissidents to get special treatments not accepted by a democratic society.

Even if the vermine appears in court, it doesn't mean he will win this case, but it means that Norway is honoring EVERY individuals right to protest, be it in court or in public.

With your post you would like to take away every persons right to protest and protect their human rights for WHO is going to decide, case by case who's eligible or not? You? Me? the Military?, Police? A selected government official? The King of Norway?

Even if it sickens me about this vermine, I prefer to have it this way, I only wish more countries would honor every individual their human rights.

Edited by KamalaRider

Prolonged solitary confinement of a prisoner may breach human rights. So he does have a strong case. However, if he is put in the general prison population he may not survive. That would make Norwegian authorities complicit / responsible for his injury or death. I think a compromise will be found and his prison conditions altered. Will be interesting to see how Norwegian authorities manage this case.

Both quotes are correct. He should have been executed without delay or opportunity for appeal. Why does society waste resources on incorrigible psychopaths?

Because true democratic nations don't use executions as punishment, only nations with an immoral view of it's people and their human rights.

Too many people around the world has been and is being executed when being innocent of crimes they didn't commit and if they let go of this basic human right, there will be a LOT more to come.

I still don't understand why Norge special forces never took the bloke out after witnessing the carnage and cornering the bloke...sad.png

Perhaps their thinking was to catch him alive in order to discover if he was a 'lone wolf' or part of a larger network of 'terrorists'.

As much as it sickens me about this vermine posing as a human, it sickens me even more if people in jail wouldn't be able to improve themselves to become more enlightened and intellectual.

They are serving jail term as a punishment and time to reflect on their actions in the past to become better citizens.

In a democratic society, there are no bending the rules because of our disgust and our views of what being a "true" human means.

There's only one definition of being a human, even if the person in question has broken all humanitarian rules.

Norway is only abiding the humanitarian rights as stated in the UN HR, quote from wikipedia and the first sentence of HR:

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.

This might upset people without any knowledge how democracy and humanity is stated in international documents, but it really doesn't matter what we think because it's a protection for ourselves against our own governments and organisations around the world.

In a perfect world with perfect people, we wouldn't need such documents, but that failure of a human being, I refuse to refer to him by his name so he can be forgotten, because his aim is to be famous and draw attention to himself, still has rights even if he violated others.

There's no room to single out specific individuals as this would affect future criminals, political prisoners, other dissidents to get special treatments not accepted by a democratic society.

Even if the vermine appears in court, it doesn't mean he will win this case, but it means that Norway is honoring EVERY individuals right to protest, be it in court or in public.

With your post you would like to take away every persons right to protest and protect their human rights for WHO is going to decide, case by case who's eligible or not? You? Me? the Military?, Police? A selected government official? The King of Norway?

Even if it sickens me about this vermine, I prefer to have it this way, I only wish more countries would honor every individual their human rights.

I do appreciate your statement.

My contention is that Breivik voluntarily gave up his humanity by committing those acts and therefore became non-human. He did that on his own volition. And I think that anyone doing those kind of acts (killing, torturing, maiming) in order to further a political or religious agenda, or for self-gratification should not be considered human anymore. With my post I did not take away human rights of someone who gave them up on his own.

This is obviously only my sentiment with respect to those who hold the meaning of humanity in contempt.

Prolonged solitary confinement of a prisoner may breach human rights. So he does have a strong case. However, if he is put in the general prison population he may not survive. That would make Norwegian authorities complicit / responsible for his injury or death. I think a compromise will be found and his prison conditions altered. Will be interesting to see how Norwegian authorities manage this case.

Better his life is ended for all our sakes and his.

I do appreciate your statement.

My contention is that Breivik voluntarily gave up his humanity by committing those acts and therefore became non-human. He did that on his own volition. And I think that anyone doing those kind of acts (killing, torturing, maiming) in order to further a political or religious agenda, or for self-gratification should not be considered human anymore. With my post I did not take away human rights of someone who gave them up on his own.

This is obviously only my sentiment with respect to those who hold the meaning of humanity in contempt.

I do understand your point of view, there's only one problem, there's no way to retracts ones state as a human but death itself.

I don't think he voluntarily gave up his human rights and there are no one else in power to do so.

Because true democratic nations don't use executions as punishment, only nations with an immoral view of it's people and their human rights.

Too many people around the world has been and is being executed when being innocent of crimes they didn't commit and if they let go of this basic human right, there will be a LOT more to come.

Maybe they should let him out and give him his gun back then? They could re-house him next door to your house maybe?

Maybe they should let him out and give him his gun back then? They could re-house him next door to your house maybe?

I don't know how old you are but I used the same rhetoric when I was 12.

This situation is an incredible insult to the parents and relatives of all his young innocents victims coffee1.gif

No it's not, it's called human rights and has nothing to do with the victims.

This is what happens in a DEMOCRATIC society and not in self serving rouge countries like many others.

Edited by KamalaRider

How is this vile inhuman able to claim European Human Rights violations when Norway is not a full member of the EU? Surely Norway makes its own rules and laws?

Because Norway belongs to Europe, not EU, it's not the same. For your information, Norway isn't even a minimum member of EU but full member of Europe and you wouldn't want your prosecutor to be your court, would you.

If anyone it's in France, the city of Strasbourg and it has nothing to do with EU.

Edited by KamalaRider

I could also rant and rave about this despicable vermin in the post and emotionally would like to see him rot and catch all the nastiest deceases there is and suffer but live with them for many, many years to come in solitary confinement.

But I will defend the human rights of his and everyone else to the end of my days.

Lets get real, if this guy set up an anti migrant party and participated in the elections he would get at least 20% of the popular vote in this anti migrant climate. Lots of Europeans sympathize with this guy. Europe is the continent which elected Hitler as a legitimate leader. A couple of more isis atacks this guy would even get 40-50% approvals.

Edited by Lukecan

However distasteful you may find this character, human rights must not be violated if you wish to avoid the slippery descent to barbarity

Interesting comments from some who probably forget his misguided aim was to focus attention on the uncontrolled immigration of particularly Muslims into Norway.

The correct thing would be to declare him non-human and get rid of these silly things.

There was a fairly popular movement who declared many people sub human, in the 1930's & early 40's. Is that what you have in mind?

And that's how he treated all those innocent people on that fateful day when he gunned them down, as sub human. And he feels no remorse giving the Nazi salute in court. Take him for a shower, salute him and drop a d ose of Zyklon B through a vent in the ceiling.

Heil Hitler