where is the least expensive indian buffet?

letudraceh

There's a new 200 baht Indian buffet in the old food court next to the former Tops supermarket, now closed. Big building with bowling alleys on NW corner of Second and Klang.

I've not tried it, but there was a good crowd of Indians eating, a good sign. Same price lunch and dinner.

There's a new 200 baht Indian buffet in the old food court next to the former Tops supermarket, now closed. Big building with bowling alleys on NW corner of Second and Klang.

I've not tried it, but there was a good crowd of Indians eating, a good sign. Same price lunch and dinner.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Are the doors open to the food court? Parking lot entrance? Any reviews of this buffet? Thank you.

sounds like you are asking for trouble, ask the fellow who ate the 47 baht pie - some things are simply false economies.

Those 47 baht pies are the most disgusting thing i have eaten , why the store keeps selling them God alone knowssad.pngbah.gif

Beverly Plaza Hotel is good, 220B

I went there once, years ago. I have a weak stomach and the sight of hordes of Indians eating with their hands, licking their fingers and then touching stuff on the buffet put me off my food. The food wasn't that good anyway.

I went there once, years ago. I have a weak stomach and the sight of hordes of Indians eating with their hands, licking their fingers and then touching stuff on the buffet put me off my food. The food wasn't that good anyway.

Oh, that's just gross.

Yummy yummy, sick.gif

You worry too much. If it bothers you, just get there before they do.

You worry too much. If it bothers you, just get there before they do.

From a hygiene point of view I worry just about right, but I DID get there early, but not early enough. The Indian hordes arrived about half way through my dinner... after I'd already discovered the food was not good. To be fair, that was about 6 or 7 years ago, so perhaps my assessment is no longer valid and everything has improved.

Edited by tropo

From a hygiene point of view I worry just about right, but I DID get there early, but not early enough. The Indian hordes arrived about half way through my dinner... after I'd already discovered the food was not good. To be fair, that was about 6 or 7 years ago, so perhaps my assessment is no longer valid and everything has improved.

I dont think that "good" is a word I would use. "Okay" is a word I would use. At more than 200B it is well overpriced, but then so are most Indian places here. I only go there once or twice a year and would be pleased to go somewhere better instead, without having to order from a menu and wait for ages. The 130B buffet/thali that Sun City did on an on-and-off basis a year or two ago was better and I used to go there once a week or more.

I tried the 200 baht Old Tops New Indian buffet.

It's mostly for groups and of course they don't pay 200 baht.

I arrived at an off hour 3:30 but there was a group there and all the food trays were filled and looked fresh enough.

You can tell corners have been cut, like watered down stuff.

The flavors were hot spicy but the complexity level of the curries was limited, pretty much one note.

The raita course was like buttermilk which I liked.

The appearance of hygiene level would not satisfy the finicky ... I generally don't comment on hygiene but on this place I am.

I might eat there again if hungry during an off hour but all in all I didn't really think it was worth 200 baht.

Would certainly not travel out of my way for this buffet.

I've always thought Beverly Plaza Hotel at 200 or 220 was worth it if that helps.

I wouldn't assume that just because Indians are scarfing it down that they think it's great food. They're on a budget tour. It's Indian food. It's good enough for that.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a large group of Indian Tourists, chances are it's cheap but not necessarily good.

If there is a large group of Indian Locals, and it's not cheap, chances are it's good.

I remember someone saying there's this place on second road, past south pattaya road as it turns the corner, on the right hand side. Forget the name tho. Never went in. But locals said it was good.