I need Urgent help please.

My problem is this, my visa runs out on the 14th of May. I will leave Thailand on the 25th of this month to return on the 7th of May( 7days before my visa expires). I work with an agency and they have given me a new contract, I went to the immigration to see if they can extend my visa using my new contract before I leave. They said they can't extend it because I still have about two months before my current visa expires.

However, i have already extended my work permit with no problems but the immigration still won't extend my visa saying that i can only extend when i have just one month left on my current visa.

Question 1: Will i have a problem when returning to Thailand?

Question 2: I will have just 7 days left before my visa expires, will they allow me in with just 7 days?( i will extend immediately as i have new contract and relevant documents already)

Is there anything to be worried about?

I have a non immigrant B visa. Issued in penang, Malaysia. Issued is 2014, current visa is valid till may14th

You do not have have a visa ! That visa issued in 2014 is long expired .

You actually have an "extension of stay" (it is not a visa) issued by an immigration office unless you have a more recent Visa issued by a Thai Embassy/Consulate.

Providing that you have a re-entry permit and the paperwork is in order you will have no problem applying for another "extension of stay" on your returning from the trip.

Edited by sunnyjim5
  • Like 1

Nothing to worry about.

1. As you no longer have a visa you need to buy a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) from your local office before the 25th, or at the airport. When you return the IO will stamp you back in giving you permission to stay until May 14th.
  2. Yes you'll be allowed in with 7 days remaining.

Nothing to worry about.

1. As you no longer have a visa you need to buy a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) from your local office before the 25th, or at the airport. When you return the IO will stamp you back in giving you permission to stay until May 14th.
  2. Yes you'll be allowed in with 7 days remaining.

Thanks you sir.

I have a non immigrant B visa. Issued in penang, Malaysia. Issued is 2014, current visa is valid till may14th

You actually have an "extension of stay" (it is not a visa) issued by an immigration office unless you have a more recent Visa issued by a Thai Embassy/Consulate.

Providing that you have a re-entry permit and the paperwork is in order you will have no problem applying for another "extension of stay" on your returning from the trip.

Thanks

I looked at the stamps in my passport.

They all say "NON-O Nakhon Sawan Imm. Extension of stay ......."

So, my passport is full of non-o extensions. biggrin.png

They will allow you to enter the country with only 7 days reaming on your re-entry permit. That should also be enough time to submit your application for a new extension of stay.

Yup. I've returned with ONE day on the re-entry permit (special trip to visit immigration). The IO asked if I really wanted just a 1 day stamp.

----------------------------

If the immigration police refer to a visa class when they extend the right to stay in Thailand it is, obviously, perfectly reasonable and logical to call it an extension of the visa.

If the immigration police refer to a visa class when they extend the right to stay in Thailand it is, obviously, perfectly reasonable and logical to call it an extension of the visa.

Sure you must be correct! Tell how successful you are when using your expired, "extended visa" to enter the country (Visas allow entry)

Visa are never extended, only a permitted period of stay can be extended thus "extension of stay" (which is not a visa )

• The reason the visa class is referred to is because it is relevant to the reasons available for the permission to stay to be extended.
  • A Thai visa just gains entry to the country. That's it, job done!
  • On entry the IO grants you a period to stay based on that visa. You are extending your period to stay.
  • The visa has an expiry date which has absolutely nothing to do with your permission to stay. It is simply the date by which the entry/entries available have to be used by. It is impossible to extend this date/visa.

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.

8. On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa. For example, the period of stay for a transit visa is not exceeding 30 days, for a tourist visa is not exceeding 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa is not exceeding 90 days from the arrival date. The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp. Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at offices of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 or at an Immigration office located in the provinces. For information on application for extension of stay, see the Immigration Bureau website at www.immigration.go.th

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15405-General-information.html