Poor handling of Pattaya Music Festival TRAFFIC

marmaduke

I live 15km outside Pattaya, so sure I'm gonna walk to Pattaya to do my shopping.

And you WILL make sure you need to do your shopping when the roads close at 4pm. during those 3 days of the Music Festival.

Because ...... ?

Nothing to do with WILLING to make sure I need, but sometimes one need to to be there for reasons like, some goods are only ready to pick up at that time.

But after all I don't have to explain to nobody, and especially not an anonymous forum member, why I want to be in town at a particular time.

Edited by TheCruncher

I live 15km outside Pattaya, so sure I'm gonna walk to Pattaya to do my shopping.

And you WILL make sure you need to do your shopping when the roads close at 4pm. during those 3 days of the Music Festival.

Because ...... ?

Nothing to do with WILLING to make sure I need, but sometimes one need to to be there for reasons like, some goods are only ready to pick up at that time.

But after all I don't have to explain to nobody, and especially not an anonymous forum member, why I want to be in town at a particular time.

I think posters are just trying to help someone who obviously needs help.

They can't organise a U turn, so how you think they will be able to organise the trafffic for a music festival is beyond belief.

At least you will be ok for next year!!!

Because ...... ?

But like a normal person you could plan you driving activities around the event knowing full well the traffic will be horrendous.

Not as though there was no notice of it all "because this event runs for many years already"....... your words, not mine.

Because ...... ?

I think posters are just trying to help someone who obviously needs help.

They can't organise a U turn, so how you think they will be able to organise the trafffic for a music festival is beyond belief.

At least you will be ok for next year!!!

It obviously goes over your head that it is indeed not possible to organize a u-turn if they are all closed by the police.

Because ...... ?

But like a normal person you could plan you driving activities around the event knowing full well the traffic will be horrendous.

Not as though there was no notice of it all "because this event runs for many years already"....... your words, not mine.

Because the event runs for years already, my words, doesn't mean there is notice.

In fact there was, as usual, very little notice about the event.

I have seen banners around town only a few days prior to the event, but most of them didn't have a date on it, and certainly no locations or times.

I need my car to go shopping as well. I do it early morning and there is no issue.

Can you imagine what a traffic mess it would create if EVERYONE would do their shopping at the same that fits YOU best e.g. early morning?

I have no doubts that there would be severe issues if everyone was as shortsighted as you in this matter.

I need my car to go shopping as well. I do it early morning and there is no issue.

Can you imagine what a traffic mess it would create if EVERYONE would do their shopping at the same that fits YOU best e.g. early morning?

I have no doubts that there would be severe issues if everyone was as shortsighted as you in this matter.

You obviously do not get out and about early in the morning do you but hey, Foodland is open 24/7 and I have no issue in going there at 2am if that is what is needed.

See I can be flexible like that and have no need to pretend to be all hiso and expect police to direct the traffic to suit my needs.

Edited by Don Mega

You obviously do not get out and about early in the morning do you but hey, Foodland is open 24/7 and I have no issue in going there at 2am if that is what is needed.

See I can be flexible like that and have no need to pretend to be all hiso and expect the city to revolve around me.

So you decide to change your own comments to make your boat float?

You suggested that I should go shopping early morning, but you fail to comprehend that if it is quiet on the roads early morning because obviously NOT everyone goes shopping early morning.

Next you suggest that foodland is open 24/7 but I'm not allowed, according to you, to go shopping 24/7.

And no you don't have to be hiso to retain your right to go shopping at the time of day that is most convenient for you.

By the way, this thread is not about police directing traffic to MY needs, but to the needs of TENS OF THOUSANDS Pattaya residents.

Over and out Spoonman

Edited by TheCruncher

OK that's enough, back on topic please smile.png

Sure thing.

Traffic in Pattaya is known to be an issue after mid morning and only getting worse as the afternoon progresses. Throwing a music festival into the mix is never going to make the issue any better no matter how well it is policed and traffic re-directed.

I suggest to those that NEED to travel in Pattaya by car at these KNOWN heavy traffic times either live with or seek out alternatives like doing your shopping/collecting your laundry as early as possible in the morning.

For me, it is nice to have all the weekly annoyances (like shopping) sorted nice and early that way I can spend a stress free day in front of the pool drinking beers from my ice filled cooler.

A partial solution is allowing cars to escape from the Festival or whatever may be . Direct cars away fom the event instead of

back into the congestion. Have a policeman at these intersections leading away from the fray. Even devote one main artery for escape traffic . If someone knows who to contact directly at city hall we could contact them. City planning obviously needs some advice from outside the box.

It was obviously going to be a traffic nightmare. Sensible people just stayed away.

Including myself, I feel sorry for the "innocent victims" who didn't know.

A partial solution is allowing cars to escape from the Festival or whatever may be . Direct cars away from the event instead of back into the congestion.

And where do they direct them to, the gridlocked Sukhumvit road ?

Edited by Don Mega

A partial solution is allowing cars to escape from the Festival or whatever may be . Direct cars away from the event instead of back into the congestion.

And where do they direct them to, the gridlocked Sukhumvit road ?

Exactly. Nowhere to direct cars except into congestion caused by redirection. What little parking there is was immediately overwhelmed.

It's currently not possible to hold any such events at those locations w/o this exactly this problem happening. Been that way; will be that way for the foreseeable future. Your personal solutions will be the same as for Songkran: leave town; don't travel into town then; or get into the mess with mostly predictable consequences.