60 day extension based on marriageu

My wife is Thai im from uk when i went to laksi immigration they would only extend my 30 day stamp by 30days and not the normal 60days for most .The IO officer explained have to extend the 30 ext by 60days at krabi where my wife is local to .Phuket immigration volunteers explained i can try but dont think its possible to extend an extension even though clause 2.24 explains 60days should be given in the first instance like most i like simple not a mad rush if turned down at last minute in krabi .Im considering going to penang get a new single entry non o 90 day visa from bangkok i rather not rush around from krabi as bangkok seems a better place for connections to penang air etc.Interested to know if anyone else has had this happen to them recently?Would be good if they would follow the rules outlined .

Regards pomchob

Was your wife with you when you attempted to obtain the 60 day extension and did you have the required documentation including proof of address ?

Did you accept the 30 day extension offered?

Hi sunnyjim5 yes my wife was with me and IO adked to see her also had everthing you mentioned i didnt undertstand if i could contest this at the time OI was quite abrupt and wanted things done fast

POMCHOB

How much longer do you plan on staying in Thailand? If I recall correctly you do not need the entire 90 days from a non-o visa.

You could just make another border run from Bangkok to get another 30 visa exempt entry and then extend it if needed.

You can extend the 30 day extension by another 60 days at the Imm office of area your wife has residency. If not resident in BKK, that is why you only got 30 days.

Also, you can extend a 30 day extension by 60 days for marriage but can't extend a 60 day extension by 30 days, so to get extra 90 days you need to do it the way you have :)

You can extend the 30 day extension by another 60 days at the Imm office of area your wife has residency. If not resident in BKK, that is why you only got 30 days.

Also, you can extend a 30 day extension by 60 days for marriage but can't extend a 60 day extension by 30 days, so to get extra 90 days you need to do it the way you have smile.png

Not exactly correct. The 60 day extension can be applied for at any immigration office if you have proof of residence for the area where the office is located. It does not have to done where your wife's house book is for.

Also, you can extend a 30 day extension by 60 days for marriage but can't extend a 60 day extension by 30 days, so to get extra 90 days you need to do it the way you have smile.png

Not exactly correct. The 60 day extension can be applied for at any immigration office if you have proof of residence for the area where the office is located. It does not have to done where your wife's house book is for.

That is what I said... "If not resident in BKK, you get only 30 days"..

That is what I said... "If not resident in BKK, you get only 30 days"..

You wrote this "You can extend the 30 day extension by another 60 days at the Imm office of area your wife has residency." that certainly implies where her house book if for.

Also the proof of residency does not have to be for the wife. The husband could be renting a residence in his name and use that as proof of residence.