Mick Jagger makes way for Obama in Cuba

webfact

Mick Jagger makes way for Obama in Cuba

606x341_327704.jpg

HAVANA: -- The stage is set but the Rolling Stones’ groundbreaking concert in Cuba has been delayed because another big name is arriving there on Sunday – President Obama.

Not wanting to share the limelight, the veteran rockers will now perform a free concert in Havana on Friday.

Obama lands on Sunday for a 48-hour visit, 15 months after he reversed more than half a century of US policy on Cuba and started normalising relations with the former Cold War adversary.

The Stones’ Latin American tour happened to roughly coincide and the band was at first set to play Havana on Sunday, but organisers then learned of the Obama trip and postponed the show until Friday, the band’s production manager said.

“At one point we thought he (Obama) was coming to the show,” Dale “Opie” Skjerseth told reporters on Saturday from the outdoor sports complex where the Stones will play.

“He’s our opening act,” Skjerseth joked.

The Stones added the free show to the end of their Latin American tour, becoming the first major international rock stars to play Cuba.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-21

I can understand why Keith Richards got a bit upset a few years back when the group was introduced as "Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones" and this headline shows why - it is belittling the other members of the group.

It is like saying "Paul McCartney and The Beatles", or "Roger Daltrey and The Who".

Edited by sambum

There is nothing more fearsome than an invasion of American and British rock stars.

You'll know communism is gone when Madonna holds her next concert in Havana.

Madonna?

Who is Madonna?

Don't look now, but your age is showing!

Oh! maybe you mean this old hasbeen from the 1980s?

post-147745-0-15629400-1458572459_thumb.

Looks like an old witch to me now!

Always believed that Liver Lips is a left wing loon.

Castro round up all the protesters and throw them in jail for the duration of Obama's visit.

Nice...wink.png

Benito Trump has taken notice for the duration of the campaign.

Ted Cruz's parents came over from Canada Cuba with his father becoming a right whingenut evangelical Protestant and Republican party minister (do pardon all the redundancy there wink.png).

Mic is everything these socio-cultural (and political) fringe whinge are not.

The Stones concert is free to the public btw. (Maybe Bernie will make a surprise appearance biggrin.png )

I can understand why Keith Richards got a bit upset a few years back when the group was introduced as "Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones" and this headline shows why - it is belittling the other members of the group.

It is like saying "Paul McCartney and The Beatles", or "Roger Daltrey and The Who".

Donald Trump and the Fascist Five doing the monster mash. It wuz a political graveyard smash.

November 8th 2016.

USA and now finally at last Cuba -- two countries with their best years ahead of 'em. Mic and the Stones sort of highlight the bright package.

Now we know the Who of it.

Donald Trump and the Fascist Five doing the monster mash. It wuz a political graveyard smash.

November 8th 2016.

USA and now finally at last Cuba -- two countries with their best years ahead of 'em. Mic and the Stones sort of highlight the bright package.

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about! - it's a bit like a Bing translation! Total nonsense!

November 8th 2016.

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about! - it's a bit like a Bing translation! Total nonsense!

Never seen a Bing translation so dunno.

Keep the line moving plse thx.....