LG air cons

kevc

Thanks for all the feedback seems it's just down to luck if you get a good or a bad one by the comments, think I may look at an ordinary Daikin though.

Now you're thinking straight smile.png

Just get the cheapest Daikin R32 unit that's of a suitable size for the room.

Here's a BTU calculator: http://www.daikin.co.th/service-btu-calculation/

I am going to go with R32 AC units. Do you know what the difference is between comparable sized Daikin Inverter AC and Mitsubishi Inverter AC models? Are they the same const components, built on the same mfg line - is like an auto analogy such as: The Mazda BT 250/Ford Wild Track?

Thanks for all the feedback seems it's just down to luck if you get a good or a bad one by the comments, think I may look at an ordinary Daikin though.

Now you're thinking straight smile.png

I am going to go with R32 AC units. Do you know what the difference is between comparable sized Daikin Inverter AC and Mitsubishi Inverter AC models? Are they the same const components, built on the same mfg line - is like an auto analogy such as: The Mazda BT 250/Ford Wild Track?

AFAIK, there is absolutely zero tech sharing between Daikin and any other retail brand. Some are now following their lead with their own 1st generation R32 designs, but Daikin are now on their 3rd generation R32 designs (Smile Plus series).

Now you're thinking straight

AFAIK, there is absolutely zero tech sharing between Daikin and any other retail brand. Some are now following their lead with their own 1st generation R32 designs, but Daikin are now on their 3rd generation R32 designs (Smile Plus series).

Thanks for that latest info, IMHO! wai.gif

​We installed the top of the line LG 24k btu inverter in our bedroom about 8 months ago. It runs fine and keeps the room cool. However, the fan that circulates the air inside the room is quite loud and strong, even on the lowest setting. I find it annoying when trying to fall asleep. Not only that, when I set the fan to auto (like most people do for efficiency) the LG fan oscillates between low, medium and high every few seconds continuously, and of course is another major annoyance. I've resorted to setting the fan to low when going to bed. If you're getting the AC for the bedroom, I'd steer clear of LG.

Regarding inverter technology, it saves energy because the compressor runs continuously while conventional motors start/stop all the time according to room temperature. That said if you run the AC only for a few hours each day you won't see much savings. On the other hand installations such as at the office, where the AC is on for most of the day, will see much more savings. If nothing else inverter motors are much more durable than conventional ones.

Archived