Minister vows to find persons responsible for Airport Rail Link incident

webfact

Minister vows to find persons responsible for yesterday’s train incident

12527951_10154054999028637_851926627_n-w

BANGKOK: -- Transport deputy minister Omsin Chivapruek said today that Airport Rail Link's executives must be held responsible for yesterday incident in which over 700 commuters were left stranded inside the locked electric train and were forced to break open the emergency exits to get out.

He said he would report the incident to the prime minister to find persons responsible.

The deputy transport minister was the first top executive to arrive at the station and walked for two kilometres to the stranded train from the Hua Mark station.

He said he didn’t understand why the top executive of the organisation did not come to the scene to supervise the evacuation of passengers, but left them stranded inside the locked train amid the heat of the morning sun.

They even left the passengers to walk on the elevated rail line back to the station by themselves, he said.

He said what he was told by executives of the Airport Rail Link was that the electric energy storage that provides a reserve for use in case of power supply failure on the stranded train didn’t work, forcing the air ventilation system inside the train to stop functioning.

This resulted in many passengers fainted after having no air to breathe.

Mr Omsin said he asked Airport Rail Link president Gen Darun Yuthawansuk if he knew of what happened to the train and passengers stranded inside.

He said he had earlier approved a budget of around 380 million baht to improve and overhaul all the nine electric trains but they said they had just done partial overhaul.

He said what had all the money gone to, adding that this would be certainly investigated.

He added he would propose the cabinet for the procurement of the new electric energy storages for the nine trains with special method to solve the problem.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/156281

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-22

He said he had earlier approved a budget of around 380 million baht to improve and overhaul all the nine electric trains but they said they had just done partial overhaul.

He said what had all the money gone to

cheesy.gif

He said what had all the money gone to, adding that this would be certainly investigated.

oops another corruption scandal in the make about a organization that is run by nobody else than the army.

The way the revelation of yet another US$10 million corruption scandal appears, almost offhandedly, at the end of a different story belies how commonplace this sort of thing is, and how little import the authorities put on them.

Quote ""Mr Omsin said he asked Airport Rail Link president Gen Darun Yuthawansuk if he knew of what happened to the train and passengers stranded inside.""

Reply. .. He said he had earlier approved a budget of around 380 million baht to improve and overhaul all the nine electric trains but they said they had just done partial overhaul. cheesy.gif

Quote ""Mr Omsin said he asked Airport Rail Link president Gen Darun Yuthawansuk if he knew of what happened to the train and passengers stranded inside.""

Reply. .. He said he had earlier approved a budget of around 380 million baht to improve and overhaul all the nine electric trains but they said they had just done partial overhaul. cheesy.gif

And the silence following that question is deafening.

"He said he didn’t understand why the top executive of the organisation did not come to the scene to supervise the evacuation of passengers, but left them stranded inside the locked train amid the heat of the morning sun."

I think I can answer that one for him...

Yesterday marked the kick off to the first annual "River Kwai Death March Reenactment".

A Army spokesman reveled the event will help boaster a feeling of pride in Thais about their history. Participants where stuffed in a sealed train car for over a hour with little room and no vents for air. "This recreates the feeling of being locked in a cage in the jungle in the blazing heat. Next we made the "prisoners" walk the rail line in the Noon sun with no water or aid of any kind. They had to carry their possessions and children, like backpacks and babies. This helped with the felling of dragging heavy railroad ties, which Allied prisoners did."

Event organizers said the first reenactment was a huge success with a large media interest and many government officials getting involved. "We were very happy to see Bangkok citizens collapsing at the end of the march. They were very committed to the success of the reenactment"

Next years event is scheduled for April.

One cannot have the time off the teeing greens and massage parlours to look into why only partial...

Very quick solution to have a solar panels installed on the roof , solar film on the windows ,

enough power to at least to enable the doors to open , if the mains trips out,

or a cheaper alternative

a large sledge hammer affixed to a panel,

Very quick solution to have a solar panels installed on the roof , solar film on the windows ,

or a cheaper alternative

There must have been life-hammers in the train i guess, i wonder why nobody (dared to) used them.

or a cheaper alternative

There must have been life-hammers in the train i guess, i wonder why nobody (dared to) used them.

They should sue Siemens this is obviously a design fault in the system and the trains are a Siemens design

Oh Mr Porter! What Shall I do?

I wanted to go to Suvarnaphum

They put me off at Crewe.

Shame really Hay, Abbott and Costello and Chaplin did not know about LOS. Even Carry On Up Sukhumvit would have had them rolling in the aisles.

"He said he didnt understand why the top executive of the organisation did not come to the scene to supervise the evacuation of passengers"

Playing golf perhaps?

They are just too important to deal with such small matters like safety and service quality.

Minister vows to find persons responsible for yesterday’s train incident

1. Providing that I myself am not responsible (if so easy to nominate a scapegoat)
  2. Providing that anyone else with any modicum of power or influence is not responsible (refer to scapegoat as above)
  3. Providing that we can't just drag our heals until everyone forgets about it (in case they still remember, book ticket to Singapore and meet with Redbull heir for drinks and advice on places to stay)

or a cheaper alternative

They should sue Siemens this is obviously a design fault in the system and the trains are a Siemens design

or a cheaper alternative

There are hammers, there are emergency door releases, there is emergency communications, there is emergency ventilation and systems that can operate for a certain time period on batteries and there is a driver on board. This has nothing to do with the design of the train. This has everything to do with the capability of the operator to operate and maintain the system to international best practice standards and this includes being able to respond quickly and safely to these kinds of incidents. Based on the outcome that capability is sadly lacking.

or a cheaper alternative

Siemans did not design the electrical supply or did they? Normally they would connect to a supply the feeds they provided. The main incoming supply would be supplied by others

or a cheaper alternative

There are hammers, there are emergency door releases, there is emergency communications, there is emergency ventilation and systems that can operate for a certain time period on batteries and there is a driver on board. This has nothing to do with the design of the train. This has everything to do with the capability of the operator to operate and maintain the system to international best practice standards and this includes being able to respond quickly and safely to these kinds of incidents. Based on the outcome that capability is sadly lacking.

clap2.gif At last someone saying things as they are.thumbsup.gif

Nothing to do with Siemens, everything to do with SRT and their subcontractors and Airport Link maintenance and operating procedures. Lay blame where due.