Do You Remmember Story Beggars ?

pokoal2000

Anybody who red my story about Pegun, could be interested in reading the latest developments. I have been visiting Pegun regularly in the home for destitute women, sending her parcels and generally have been trying to make her life easier. On my last visit, I got talking to a young nurse, who works in that place and discovered something quite astonishing.This is the story as I was told. When Pegun was about 17 years old, her only uncle died, leaving her 2 mil bahts. As soon as this become known, her cousin have declared that Pegun is an abnormal person, and started spreading stories about Pegun wild drinking and drug taking habits. There was so much pressure put on this young girl, that she really started drinking and took some drugs. Eventually she could not stand it any more and run away from Chang Mai to Bangkok. By that time she was in very bad state, having a nervous breakdown and ended up on the street. This is where my last story began. Unfortunately her cousin has been contacted as her only relative and of course cousin claimed that she is insane and should be kept in mental institution. But this is not the end of the story. Peguns cousin is very rich woman, her husband works in ministry and they are very influential people. She managed to get a position in Home for destitute women in Bangkok and now she is in charge of the centre where Pegun is held. Now I understand why she would not communicate with me and I was told that Pegun was warned not to talk about her life in Chang Mai and not to mention the money to anybody or she could disappear with no trace. Since I talked to this nurse, who begged me not to get her involved, I did ask some questions to Pegun and she more or less confirmed this story. She asked me not to get involved, it would be very dangerous for me and they could try to dispose of me as well. I am not worried about myself and still would like to help this young girl, but as it looks like now, they have all figured out, they going to keep Pegun on sedation and keep a very close eye on anybody who would talk to her.

My girlfriend have tried to make enquiry about Pegun and the principal knew her address, don’t really know where from, nobody I know give it to her. It all sound like a very sinister plot, I am not completely convinced this is all real, but I can’t find out any substantiated evidence to prove one way or the other... I have to figure out what else I can do. Any suggestions? Wish that I can find a good lawyer who does not charge the earth, for Pegun case. She is really a lovely girl and she has nobody else to help her.

Alex

The plot thickens Alex........ thanks for the update and you couldn't make this one up if you tried. Massive inheritances, evil aunts and certified nieces. Great stuff. But don't really understand why aunt would go to all the trouble of getting herself appointed head of centre where Pegun is incarcerated, esp. if hubby is already in Ministry able to pull strings. Anyway, you take care of yourself and don't try any heroics, as you imply that there is danger afoot. :o

Good luck and hope your persistence pays off in end. :D

You seem to carry a strong bias, rejecting anything that goes against your view meanwhile grasping for everything that supports your view. My recommendation is try not to think with your heart. Open your mind to the possibility this is the best place for her right now and that going down the path you are taking could make things worse for her. Based on the original thread and this one my impression is that she is where she belongs, sorry as I doubt it's an answer you really want to hear.

Edited by The Coder

Is the thread by the name "Beggars" the story of Pegun? :o

Thanks for the link. Alex: a very sad story and you have been a true friend to Pegun. I think it is unlikely that her cousin is head of the Home, though.

I often saw a girl of about Pegun's age sleeping rough on a cement floor and hanging around a food stall in Chiang Mai last year. I feared for her. She was quite tall for a Thai woman, never wore shoes and looked as if she did not wash at all. She had a wild expression and avoided looking at people. Yet she had quite good clothes. Her hair was roughly cut as if she did it herself. Once, I brought some sandals to the food stall where she used to go, but she was not there. She disappeared and I have not seen her for more than one year now. I wonder if this was Pegun?