Thai Pol Lt-Gen Sanit told to look into energy drink heir's car accident case

webfact

Oh !, I thought this was supposed to have been forgotten about by now,

an "Accident" is putting it mildly,is the perp still in Singapore,

anywhere else in the World this would have been an open and shut case....here.

regards Worgeordie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai actress that killed the policeman whilst he sat in his car on duty did not take long to open and end,although the red bull was a hit and run and a try to avoid arrest by blaming one of the staff as being the driver.Should there not be another charge or 2 to go with the original hit and run.No mention of that at all.Also the amount of times he failed to attend court to answer to his offences,Nothing about that either.This case should be hounded every day by us all,although it may not be of use but they cannot turn a blind eye when the whole country is howling for blood.WE ALL KNOW THE BROWN ENVELOPE IS IN USE,BUT ARE WE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STOPPING ALL THIS SORT OF THING IN THAILAND?I say keep up the pressure,whats good for the goose is same for the Gander.

"Comronwit Toopgrajank, Bangkok's most senior police official said he took charge of the investigation after a lower-ranking policeman initially tried to cover up the crime by turning in a bogus suspect - the family's driver who allegedly claimed he had been behind the wheel.

He told reporters: 'A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. If I let this case get away, I'd rather quit.

'I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign."

Resignation accepted

This Red Bull Ferrari cop killing hit and run as well as obstruction of justice by the local police commander attempting to get the staff to take the fall and obstructing justice. This case is the epitome of Thai cronyism, selectivity and elite privilege with impunity.

I totally agree with you, but could we pleeeeeease stop using the word 'elite' as a synonym of 'rich' ? I know that it's done all the time here, I know about the 'elite' card and all that nonsense, but it shocks me every time I read it.

I'm aware of the fact that some dictionaries condone this mis-usage (Cambridge English dictionary : ''the richest, most powerful, best-educated, or best-trained group in a society') but etymologically it is plain wrong, and it confuses quality with quantity, which is absurd. The word comes from the old French eslite which referred to education, training, talent, and not money. Of course the richest class of society also tends to acquire more education and training, for obvious reasons, but it's less and less true nowadays anyway. Labelling the Red Bull brat 'elite' is as preposterous as calling Donald Trump a gentleman.

I tend to find my understanding of Thai English increases with news reports such as this. The unique use of vocabulary that we as westerners understand is indeed different here

Proceeding....much as westerners use this word to indicate movement or progress the Thai usage of this word is best illustrated by the toiletry habits of the three toed tree sloth in that it seeks the ground to do its ablutions and then with maddening slowness slowly proceeds to cliimb up the tree again.. next day the procedure is repeated.. whilst one could say that it is proceeded up the tree a 24 hour snapshot shows that despite this so called activity it is in fact back on the ground same position as it was before but their can be claim that despite no real change in position their has been some degree of "proceeding" at some stage

Look into .... for us its means examine, cast a discerning eye over it, delve into and immerse oneself.. alas here " look into" can be a cursory glance, a causal handling of the file unopened as its refiled in the bottom draw of the cabinet ..... perhaps even a shuffle of its position in the in-box......

I am yet to find out the Thai translation of the Spanish word "Mañana" which of course means in literal usage..put it off/ do it tomorrow.... I suspect however their is no direct Thai translation for a word that implies such urgency and required speed of action....

Very well said!!

This Red Bull Ferrari cop killing hit and run as well as obstruction of justice by the local police commander attempting to get the staff to take the fall and obstructing justice. This case is the epitome of Thai cronyism, selectivity and elite privilege with impunity.

I totally agree with you, but could we pleeeeeease stop using the word 'elite' as a synonym of 'rich' ? I know that it's done all the time here, I know about the 'elite' card and all that nonsense, but it shocks me every time I read it.

I'm aware of the fact that some dictionaries condone this mis-usage (Cambridge English dictionary : ''the richest, most powerful, best-educated, or best-trained group in a society') but etymologically it is plain wrong, and it confuses quality with quantity, which is absurd. The word comes from the old French eslite which referred to education, training, talent, and not money. Of course the richest class of society also tends to acquire more education and training, for obvious reasons, but it's less and less true nowadays anyway. Labelling the Red Bull brat 'elite' is as preposterous as calling Donald Trump a gentleman.

The word has been corrupted. (Which is appropriate in Thailand :) ). But wealth and privilege are very much part of the contextual meaning. A sad aspect is that the word in Thailand is taking on a "grubby" connotation because of the antics of the rich and privileged like the Red Bull Little Emporer. When I see the word used for the likes of this creature, it makes me want to take a shower.

So, with that in mind, what would be the group noun for such "grubby" people? A sewer of elites? Please feel free to add your own.

The case has dragged on so long some of the charges can no longer be filed. 4 years to investigate? I'm sure the case is only being 'looked at' now because of all the publicity with the HISO girl not doing her extremely light community service and the Mercedes guy. If things ever change it will be due to the power of social media shining a light on injustices like this and causing so much outrage that the powers that be can't ignore it.

"... Acting metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn has been assigned by the national police chief to find out why the fatal road accident involving the heir of an energy drink tycoon was delayed..."

Excuse me, but I don't think the accident was delayed! As for appropriate natural justice, well that's a different matter.

Who says money is not important ? They just need to read this story to see that it is...

Bet no poor person can put off a case until it becomes obsolete, like the speeding charge already has been.

Even got a poor person to say he was driving....... a Ferrari, what ?? he must of stole it, yeah right !!

Money is everything !!!

All too well expected foregone outcome of similar cases, where the mega rich, connected and the affluent are

above the law an untouchable, the dead police family were probably have been amply compensated by now

and some decision making people will have a life time supply of energy drinks now.....

If somebody tried to influence me with a lifetime supply of that vile sickly red syrup, well then I would strain every sinew to ensure that they were banged up "toute suite"!

smile.png

dry.png

Absolute rubbish.

The very rich are allowed to run off out of the country to escape justice....

Thaksin and the Spoilt Red Bull rich kid not forgetting Jakrapob .

Remember him....Thaksin's right hand 'man' .

Simple Question is Why are they allowed Bail and then allowed to leave?...........Ah the Answer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dry.png

Absolute rubbish.

The very rich are allowed to run off out of the country to escape justice....

Thaksin and the Spoilt Red Bull rich kid not forgetting Jakrapob .

Remember him....Thaksin's right hand 'man' .

Simple Question is Why are they allowed Bail and then allowed to leave?...........Ah the Answer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7 hours and some 57 posts to get round to Thaksin!

Must do better!