Robbing Hoods: Thai archers nabbed with half a million in bows and arrows

webfact

Robbing Hoods: Thai archers nabbed with half a million in bows and arrows
Thaivisa Reporters

ss.jpg
Image: Thairath.co.th

SAMUT SAKHON:-- Two well known Thai archers who competed for the national team have been arrested in connection with the theft of half a million baht's worth of bows and arrows, reports Thaivisa news.

Patcharaphon Paophonngam, 26, and his sister Siripha, natives of Buriram, were paraded for the press at Samut Sakhon police station Tuesday.

Younger brother Patcharaphon said he stole the valuable sports equipment after being angry that his sister had lost her job at a training academy for sports in Samut Sakhon. He had made off with the equipment in two separate thefts.

Acting on a tip off police raided the home of his sister in Buriram and found the gear in a Bangkok registered Mitsubishi car parked in front of the house.

Officials at the academy thanked police for their quick action in the case after the equipment went missing earlier this month depriving sporting hopefuls of their training gear.

Both brother and sister have competed for Thailand in archery.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-23

So you get fired, what do you do in revenge? you rob the joint of course.... never mind that those

2 clowns represented Thailand better people segment, but when it come to right the wrong, all means

justified the end.....

It is truly selfish and shameful to deny others the opportunity to train at a sport, after being given this chance already. I'm glad that the equipment has been recovered, and happy that aspiring sportsmen will be able to train properly again.

So much for security awarness , being broken into twice,

(No you got the wrong stuff , go back and get the bows, )

sometimes the reciever should get a harsher punishment

as i think would be warranted in this case,

So you get fired, what do you do in revenge? you rob the joint of course.... never mind that those

2 clowns represented Thailand better people segment, but when it come to right the wrong, all means

justified the end.....

yup, they kept on representing

Angry at an alleged injustice to his sister, so he commits major theft in reaction. Moron!

not really, for a Thai that sounds quite reasonable. When you live here for some time you have to switch off that part of the brain that deals with logic.

"Robbing Hoods"? Nice play on words, but as for the rest of the headline, I thought another Mediaeval war had started! Also nice photo op for the BIB to show off what a wonderful selection of attire we have for this season! Oh, and the absence of the pointing finger is to be applauded - we can assume that the guilty ones and the booty are all directly behind/on the desk.

Compound bows are banned from competitions. They're used for hunting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

WRONG! If you are going to solely rely on Wikipedia you would be wrong. Not being an archer or bow hunting enthusiast or an expert on competition rules I do know that compound bows at this time are not allowed in Olympic events. But, there are other archery competitions in the USA, Europe and other countries that do allow compound bows to be used. Now if you had Googled "compound bows in competition" instead of Wikipedia "archery" you would have known the real facts.

Compound bows are banned from competitions. They're used for hunting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

WRONG! If you are going to solely rely on Wikipedia you would be wrong. Not being an archer or bow hunting enthusiast or an expert on competition rules I do know that compound bows at this time are not allowed in Olympic events. But, there are other archery competitions in the USA, Europe and other countries that do allow compound bows to be used. Now if you had Googled "compound bows in competition" instead of Wikipedia "archery" you would have known the real facts.

I used to be an archer but hobbyist not competition except against friends. We had a nice indoor facility at the university with both recurve and compound. I enjoyed both but the compound a bit more. I have to admit, 500,000 baht for the equipment on that table? Didn't realize they could get that expensive.

Why aren’t compound bows allowed in the Olympic Games? That’s probably one of the most controversial topics in competitive target archery. As archers watch the winter Olympics at Sochi, they’re reminded that shooters in the biathlon could easily be archers on skis.

And we’re betting at least some of the 2,200 archers who competed at the Vegas Shoot would like to shoot compound archery as an indoor Winter Olympic event. After all, compound archery is allowed in the World Cups, the World Championships and, just recently, the World Games. Continental games, such as the 2014 Asian Games, have followed suit.

More here - Archery360