my fridge is also an aircon .....

steven100

Except for the fact that the Fidge is kicking out heat at the back and the fan motor is kicking out heat too.

But it will feel cool for a short while.

Exactly right, refrigerators don't make cold, they remove heat!

One wouldn't expect this fridge to remain happy either and the humidity would be horrible.

Yuk

As nothing is 100% efficient you can bet that it will be pumping more heat out the back than cooling from the front. You are actually heating your room up.

I see. well looks like that invention won't win any award ..... guess I best try another way ... blink.png

As nothing is 100% efficient you can bet that it will be pumping more heat out the back than cooling from the front. You are actually heating your room up.

I see. well looks like that invention won't win any award ..... guess I best try another way ... blink.png

Most important role of air con is removing the humidity, you're creating it

Lol

Cut a hole in the wall so the front half is inside and the back half is outside. Wind the thermostat up and it might work as long as you defrost it regularly.

My brother the fridgy !
Step-son.

Cut a hole in the wall so the front half is inside and the back half is outside. Wind the thermostat up and it might work as long as you defrost it regularly.

My brother the fridgy !
Step-son.

Meanwhile I've been operating in my or con gain and I've discarded more parts. Im going to replace the compressor with a hamster and see if that gets it going.

Frigging thang !

Why not park your car in the lounge room and turn on the Aircon in it....But remember to open the doors first....Trans forgot to tell me to open the doors when i tried it....cheesy.gif

The first The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.

In simple terms, this means that the your fridge is pumping as much hot air out of the back as cool out of the front. More hot air in fact - the energy that is used to run the compressor will add to to the heat that is being moved from the front of the fridge to the back.

...there you go mate...you nearly got it..., build one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaC0dlRENk0

...there you go mate...you nearly got it..., build one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaC0dlRENk0

yeah rod, that's a cheap way to make a cooler ..... i see some comments say it works & some say it don't ....

The first The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.

In simple terms, this means that the your fridge is pumping as much hot air out of the back as cool out of the front. More hot air in fact - the energy that is used to run the compressor will add to to the heat that is being moved from the front of the fridge to the back.

i did try this in a rented room with no aircon mainly to piss 'em off with electricity use because they were disgustingly rude but it was late night and i didn't feel like exploring the night further.

anyhow it does work to some extent because hot air rises and cool air stays down low where you are. if there are ceiling height vents so much the better will the cool stay down. wasnt using the fan in front of the fridge as in the picture so cold air stayed somewhat low.

Edited by shagorillaHotel

a good air conditioner in Thailand is probably the best thing you could buy for yourself.

Nothing good in that fridge...I would sell it and opt out for the air.

BTW, I spent many years in the Philippines without an air conditioner. It was traumatic, most of the year. Cannot figure out what I was thinking....as I would happily spend the price of one in the bars...monthly.

Now I am happy to stay home a bit....in comfort.....and am not the bar fly alcoholic that I used to be.

Edited by slipperylobster

i did try this in a rented room with no aircon mainly to piss 'em off with electricity use because they were disgustingly rude but it was late night and i didn't feel like exploring the night further.

anyhow it does work to some extent because hot air rises and cool air stays down low where you are. if there are ceiling height vents so much the better will the cool stay down. wasnt using the fan in front of the fridge as in the picture so cold air stayed somewhat low.

The presence of ceiling vents means that you no longer have to worry about the first law of thermodynamics as your room is not a closed system. The additional heat created by your fridge is allowed to escape via convection out of the vents, while the cooler air is left behind.

With no vents, thanks to the additional heat dissipated by your fridge compressor, the layer of hot air will become thicker and you will eventually feel hotter than you would have felt just sitting in front of a fan, with the fridge door closed.

Using a conventional fan will save on your electricity bill too.

I just soak my tee shirt in water every hour or so, seriously guys, for those of you with no aircon etc and suffering heat stress at the moment, it can save you.

Playing ball we'd roll ice cubes up tightly in a bandana and tie around our necks.. ...It would last through a 1.5 hour game....The more tightly packed the longer it lasted......We played in temps up to 118F <-- the highest air temp I recall - worse on astroturf......

I just soak my tee shirt in water every hour or so, seriously guys, for those of you with no aircon etc and suffering heat stress at the moment, it can save you.

Playing ball we'd roll ice cubes up tightly in a bandana and tie around our necks.. ...It would last through a 1.5 hour game....The more tightly packed the longer it lasted......We played in temps up to 118F <-- the highest air temp I recall - worse on astroturf......

In my town 118 F isn't even considered hot, but we're real men over in the badlands of outback Queensland! :P

In my town 118 F isn't even considered hot, but we're real men over in the badlands of outback Queensland! :P
No wonder you guys are half crazy....In your case - start with melted ice cubes in your bandana....Or better yet - hot water.... Edited by pgrahmm

a good air conditioner in Thailand is probably the best thing you could buy for yourself.

Nothing good in that fridge...I would sell it and opt out for the air.

BTW, I spent many years in the Philippines without an air conditioner. It was traumatic, most of the year. Cannot figure out what I was thinking....as I would happily spend the price of one in the bars...monthly.

Now I am happy to stay home a bit....in comfort.....and am not the bar fly alcoholic that I used to be.

Catch 22, 9k buys a lot of Leo's

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk