Craft Beer in Bangkok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Loads of options now just all very expensive unfortunately!

The place in Chinatown is probably cheapest but out of the way.

What place is that in Chinatown?

Spill the beans please, Smokie.

Send me a PM and I'll tell you...I'm not keen to meet some of the less well mannered louts on here either while I enjoy truly fine beer. :D

You owe me a pint btw SoiBiker! :P

Sportman's Bar and Restaurant at the Trendy building, Sukumvit Soi 13 has some craft beers, but they keep running out of the draught IPA!

So I am now forced to search for other places to drink and that is why I am now participating in this thread.

Would love to hear about other places with IPA on draught.

Sportman's Bar and Restaurant at the Trendy building, Sukumvit Soi 13 has some craft beers, but they keep running out of the draught IPA!

So I am now forced to search for other places to drink and that is why I am now participating in this thread.

Would love to hear about other places with IPA on draught.

Black Swan at Sukhumvit soi 19 always have IPA. Also there is a small bar on the second floor at the corner of soi 14, right across Sukhumvit from Terminal 21, they also have IPA.

Hemingway might also have IPA now we are in that part of the woods.

HOBS (House of Beer) at the Croove at Central World also have good craft beer on tap. It is the only place I have found so far that have the very tasty and foamy Boddingtons Ale.

They give you a 100 baht discount if you have a beer and a meal.

However, in my experience, the service at HOBS is absolutely atrocious. Last time it took over an hour for me to get my main course. The starters never came at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Send me a PM and I'll tell you...I'm not keen to meet some of the less well mannered louts on here either while I enjoy truly fine beer. biggrin.png

You owe me a pint btw SoiBiker! tongue.png

The prices will pretty much eliminate any problem of that nature. It's not like people are asking you to give up your favorite 7/11 to drink outside of. If that was the question you might run into some of the people from TV frequently.

Edited by anotheruser

Both the "Smokin Pug" and the "Roadhouse" in Silom have a pretty good selection of ales.

Thanks for the Roadhouse at Suriwong tip. Good selection of craft beer and excellent food. As an added bonus, they are also signed up for eatigo.

Food is even better at the Pug!

Up to BKK this weekend... Aiming for Roadhouse and also Wishbeer. Wishbeer is closer to where I am staying...but my tailor is in Thaniya Plaza which is so close to Roadhouse.. Bloody decisions..

• 3 weeks later...

"The Boy Must Die" or "Let The Boy Die", Luan/Luang Road Chinatown.

The name is apparently something from Game of Thrones.

One room, distressed style of decor, not what I would expect to appeal to most on here. Customers mainly under 30 who seem intent on making one glass last all night.

They sell five locally brewed beers 160 / 180 baht a glass of I think 330 ml. I had the number 4, the pale ale which I thought was very good.

"The Boy Must Die" or "Let The Boy Die", Luan/Luang Road Chinatown.

The name is apparently something from Game of Thrones.

One room, distressed style of decor, not what I would expect to appeal to most on here. Customers mainly under 30 who seem intent on making one glass last all night.

They sell five locally brewed beers 160 / 180 baht a glass of I think 330 ml. I had the number 4, the pale ale which I thought was very good.

A Game of Thrones bar full of Scotchlanders,is it me or is Bangkok getting weirder?