Body of foreigner found on Phuket beach

rooster59

Body of foreigner found on Phuket beach

Winai Sarot

post-247607-0-36337300-1458970101_thumb.

PHUKET: Police are attempting to identify the body of a foreign man found on Surin Beach this morning.

“We received a report at about 7am that someone working out on the beach had come across the body. The dead man was face down in the sand with his arms crossed and pressed against his chest, when we got there” said Lt Peerasit Nhupayan of the Cherng Talay Police.

In the man's trouser pockets, police found ‘a little’ money, but no identifying documents.

Officers believe that the man was 50 to 60 years old.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Body-foreigner-found-Phuket-beach/63527?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-26

Arms crossed and pressed against his chest. Heart attack, maybe?

Seems to be to neatly "arranged" for a heart attack.... But then, if a third party was involved, I wouldn't expect him ( or her... Or both) to be wasting time to neatly "arrange" the body, when normally a getaway would be a priority.

The attached link to the OP states that a trickle of blood was observed at his mouth, but that could have been caused by any number of things

This is curious.... But it seems that this really is a case of waiting for an autopsy to determine the cause of death

RIP dude... And I hope your chosen God is looking after you now

Arms crossed and placed aganst his chest. Put in that position by a third party, maybe? Shades of Koh Tao.

Phuket news is reporting two beach joggers pulled the body out of the water, I would suggest it was they who arranged his pose.

Shades of Koh Tao ? The leaps of conjecture are certainly similar.

Is there a mistake in that time ( 7 am ) or is the sun suddenly rising in the west? The shadows are pointing east.

Edited by Moonsterk

Arms crossed and placed aganst his chest. Put in that position by a third party, maybe? Shades of Koh Tao.

Is there a mistake in that time ( 7 am ) or is the sun suddenly rising in the west? The shadows are pointing east.

Rubbish. The scene is shaded by trees which are obviously to the east of the beach.

The shadow near the squatting man comes from a standing onlooker also to the east.

Phuket news is reporting two beach joggers pulled the body out of the water, I would suggest it was they who arranged his pose.

At Surin Beach, the sun sets into the sea, so the photo is showing a view to the West. At 7am, the sun would be in the East, casting shadows from the trees onto the beach towards the sea, as can be clearly seen.

RIP to the deceased.

Well, not much info, but already heart attack, clandestine death, Frenchman, Frenchman refute, missing funds, and a joke. Not bad for six posts

That's why I like this forum, it is good entertainment sometimes.

And please don't tell me you don't agree, and are here just for the news, there is many other sites for just that ! Boring !!!

Well done, good 1, Sherlock but why laying him to rest on the beach face down then ? Weird hey ?

At Surin Beach, the sun sets into the sea, so the photo is showing a view to the West. At 7am, the sun would be in the East, casting shadows from the trees onto the beach towards the sea, as can be clearly seen.

RIP to the deceased.

You're right, the shadows are by trees to the east.

Well done, good 1, Sherlock but why laying him to rest on the beach face down then ? Weird hey ?

It's elementary, my dear Watson, merely wishing to disturb the body as little as possible.

I was responding to two posts that seemed unaware the body was brought to rest in the sand by those who discovered it.

"Two tourists jogging along the beach spotted the body floating face down in the water. “They pulled the body to shore and alerted a local resident to call the police,” said Lt Peerasit."

http://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-unidentified-foreigner-found-on-phuket-beach-56787.php