PM confirms govt’s transparency despite corruption claims

rooster59

PM confirms govt’s transparency despite corruption claims

supawadee wangsri

BANGKOK, 26 March 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he had instructed all government agencies to perform their tasks in transparency in the face of complaints about corruption at policy level.

The premier said there was absolutely no corruption as the government has already set policies, taken measures and plans and all of them must be examinable by law.

The premier asserted that it is the country, not him, to benefit from those government policies. Any alleged corruption involving the National Council for Peace and Order can immediately be reported to him for investigation and prosecution.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-26 footer_n.gif

It's already been made crystal clear. Investigations into the previous government will be pressed vigorously . But if you want to investigate the current usurpers ....... get an overnight bag prepared since you could be called away without much notice.

"The premier said there was absolutely no corruption as the government has already set policies, taken measures and plans and all of them must be examinable by law."

Is is deja vu or isn't that almost exactly what - just to name a few - Anastasio Somoza, Alfredo Stroessner, Francois Duvalier, Robert Mugabe, Soeharto, Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, Sulfikar Ali Bhutto, Mohammed Zia-ul-Haq, Ferdinand Marcos, Ne Win, Chiang Kai-shek, Hosni Mubarak, Hugo Banzer, Alberto Fujimori, Milton Obote, Park Chung-hee, Ngo Dinh Diem, Hun Sen, Nursultan Nasarbayev, Georgios Papadopoulos, Antonio Salazar, Francisco Franco, Rafel Trujillo, Porfirio Diaz, and Manuel Noriega also claimed with an honest face?

Sometimes it takes the blind to see...

It's already been made crystal clear. Investigations into the previous government will be pressed vigorously . But if you want to investigate the current usurpers ....... get an overnight bag prepared since you could be called away without much notice.

Hmmm, no you will be picked up from home for an....attitude adjustment.....

' Transparency ' was clear from Day 1 with the instruction that NCPO members's wealth was off limits.

This was was followed by the PM seeing nothing wrong in NLA members hiring ' aides, advisers ' etc from within their own family, after all was natural to hire people who could be trusted. One admiral was so paranoid about trust that he had to employ four of his family !

In response to all the adverse comments it was decided these new appointees would be vetted for qualification, experience, suitability etc and those not approved would have to quit but following the announcement, surprise surprise, nothing more was heard.

PM, what they want to look at me and me mates unusual wealth?, Bugga off mate, tell em we are off limits and we would never coz we are the "good people"

PM, Coup, no I pinky promise no coup.

PM, Elections, always the same thing, elections.

PM, Ok even though we would never ever do something wrong or illegal but yes I the all powerful bestow the mother of all amnesty's on me and my mates.

PM I will only use article 44 when absolutely necessary.

PM If I want to use my full powers, I can have you taken out and shot.

PM, WHAT!!!! they want an independent investigation into the park? No bloody way mate, tell em to _____ off, no wait tell em we invite them pesky students in for a wee chat and a nice cup of tea and scones,

PM, Yup we are fully transparent and we don't need anyone to check up on us ok... what what's that? we are breaking our international agreement of refugee's rights, Human rights, Civil right's, military courts for civilians, force attitude adjustments,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tell em to _____ off again mate. Don't they know who I am?

Edited by aussieinthailand

Well of course there is no corruption in government. How could there be, with such severe penalties as being sent to an inactive post for a month until the fracas dies down?

Does ANYONE actually believe this drivel? Even the Thais I know just laugh at it.

"The premier said there was absolutely no corruption as the government has already set policies, taken measures and plans and all of them must be examinable by law."

He has completely lost touch with reality.

He can't lose what he's never had...wink.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he had

• instructed all government agencies to perform their tasks in transparency in the face of complaints about corruption at policy level.
  • instructed rain to fall immediately in all provinces suffering from drought
  • instructed the Royal Thai Police to perform their duties honourably and impartially
  • instructed the judiciary to uphold the law without fear or favour
  • instructed TAT to ensure the safety of all tourists in Thailand
  • instructed buses not to go out of control or indulge in brake failure
  • instructed the general population not to drink and/or drive dangerously over Songkran

Now which of these instructions seems most ludicrous in the context of the Thailand the Deep State has constructed during the last 80 years or so?

I would suggest number 2 is the most likely to be heeded!

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he had

• instructed all government agencies to perform their tasks in transparency in the face of complaints about corruption at policy level.
  • instructed rain to fall immediately in all provinces suffering from drought
  • instructed the Royal Thai Police to perform their duties honourably and impartially
  • instructed the judiciary to uphold the law without fear or favour
  • instructed TAT to ensure the safety of all tourists in Thailand
  • instructed buses not to go out of control or indulge in brake failure
  • instructed the general population not to drink and/or drive dangerously over Songkran

Now which of these instructions seems most ludicrous in the context of the Thailand the Deep State has constructed during the last 80 years or so?

I would suggest number 2 is the most likely to be heeded!

+1 for no.2 - everything else seems like pure fantasy.

"As it has turned out, Prayuth’s handpicked Cabinet members are not any more ethical than the supposedly corrupt Shinawatras."

"Police Chief Somyos Poompanmuang and his wife’s net worth was revealed to about 355.8 million baht (roughly $11 million),

raising questions about how a lifelong career in the public service could have made him a millionaire many times over." wai2.gif

"Another shocking case has been that of Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC."

"Preecha earlier declared that he possessed assets worth approximately 79 million baht.

"These investigations found that the money in at least one of Preecha’s bank accounts had apparently come directly from the budget of the 3rd Army, which he used to command."

"They also found that due to a “math” error in adding up his bank accounts, Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed."

"A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency.

He reportedly said, “I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing." whistling.gif

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

Edited by iReason